Daneasaur

Something to be done about spectating

I originally was fine about the spectating, but after a brief bout of bad luck, I found myself screaming at the screen.

Due to bad luck or whatever, I have found myself spawning at the building with the phone box and, for some reason, even when I don't spawn there, 10 our of 10 games, the jason player will target me first. I don' know why that is the case, but every single time, it results in me having no equipment, no weapons, and the jason player will murder me within the first two minutes. Then it results in me, quite frequently, sitting around for the next 18 minutes because jason SOMEHOW doesn't find someone, or more equipped characters juking jason better.

"But since you die fast, you should be spawning as tommy!" 

Lol, no, IF Tommy is called and I die first, but instead of the game choosing me to be tommy, it will instead wait until someone else is killed 4 minutes later to be Tommy. 

Better yet, because they died, they will be AFK, so we get to watch how tommy stands around and does nothing, frequently dying due being kicked due to not moving.

There needs to be SOMETHING for the spectators to do to make those of us who die right away to have a reason to stick around.

Ummm... like what? Spectate harder?

you have some bad luck right now, it will get better.

• Like 1

It's only going to get worse as well. After people have unlocked the last Jason - XP is kind of pointless, so losing the 500xp will mean very little to them. Unless grinding to level 80 to unlock a red skirt for AJ is high on their to-do list. 

We should be able to come back as cops once they are called because I remember Jason kill tons of cops. Of course the movies got weird as the part numbers increased lol

Be careful you'll have a lot of apologists who will defend forced spectating and holding most of your xp behind forced spectating to their fucking graves, and call you entitled for wanting to actually play the game.

It should be obvious where I stand on the issue and even when I'm escaping in the first 10 minutes it sucks.  Congratulations!  You won!  Now.. watch the entirety of the rest of the match or lose half your xp!

• Like 2

It's only worth sticking around if you like the lobby and want to keep playing with them. Then you just have to hope you don't get dashboarded, or the host doesn't lag out or quit.

I like watching people die. I also like watching good players escape. As far as spawning next to the phone box goes I run the perk that starts you out with fireworks. If I spawned next to the phone box I get the hell out of there pronto. If Jason follows me I dump firecrackers and keep running.

3 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It's only worth sticking around if you like the lobby and want to keep playing with them. Then you just have to hope you don't get dashboarded, or the host doesn't lag out or quit.

It's "worth" sticking around because the amount of xp you lose out on from quitting even after you die is probably a majority of the xp you get.  To make it up you need to play twice as many matches in the same amount of time.  It's "worth" it it's just excessively boring.

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I like watching people die. I also like watching good players escape. As far as spawning next to the phone box goes I run the perk that starts you out with fireworks. If I spawned next to the phone box I get the hell out of there pronto. If Jason follows me I dump firecrackers and keep running.

Good for you?  Other people find it boring just watching.  I got 12 Friday the 13th movies if I just want to watch things happen to characters I have no control over.

2 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

It's "worth" sticking around because the amount of xp you lose out on from quitting even after you die is probably a majority of the xp you get.  To make it up you need to play twice as many matches in the same amount of time.  It's "worth" it it's just excessively boring.

Yeah, but if you have to wait that long just for 500 xp, there's always a chance (a good chance) that the game will lag out before you even get that xp anyway. Plus once you're level 31, the xp grind kind of loses its shine. So for me, if I'm in a lobby I don't really care that much about and die early, I'm not sticking around for 500 xp. I spend that time trying to find a good lobby.

1 hour ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Yeah, but if you have to wait that long just for 500 xp, there's always a chance (a good chance) that the game will lag out before you even get that xp anyway. Plus once you're level 31, the xp grind kind of loses its shine. So for me, if I'm in a lobby I don't really care that much about and die early, I'm not sticking around for 500 xp. I spend that time trying to find a good lobby.

I'm level 36, still need xp, no epic perks.

2 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

I'm level 36, still need xp, no epic perks.

None? Man, I thought I was getting ripped off. I'm level 34, but only have 3.

Man I just tried perking up and got handed the same shitty perk six times in a row so gave up - now going to be a prick like everyone else and just go and kill people... although AJ's red skirt sounds nice :) lol 

3 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

None? Man, I thought I was getting ripped off. I'm level 34, but only have 3.

I've gotten a few but they were like Ice Cold and Heavy Mover, IE traits that suck no matter what color they are.

5 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Good for you?  Other people find it boring just watching.  I got 12 Friday the 13th movies if I just want to watch things happen to characters I have no control over.

Then die less.

I kinda like watching others tactics and whatnot but I can see how it might get boring after a while. Could spectators be able to plant helpful/harmful items or affect the rest of the match somehow? I dunno, maybe make it rain or something that could affect Jason's sense for better or worse? Vote to make a certain player show more in sense? Just spitballing.....

I don't really mind spectating but I think the spectators should still be able to see the map and see where counselors are. Even tho we can't help them out, it's still nice to know how far they have to get to the exit or other escape routes. 

5 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Then die less.

What do you think happens when you escape?  Same thing.  If you find the 2 boat parts instantly and fix the boat and get out , you're spectating as long as someone that Jason tunnels early in the match, just you're getting more xp.

In fact right now I'm having to spectate over 12 minutes because I escaped after fixing the boat and giving an AJ a ride, and before you say "you can leave you just won't get the """""""""""bonus"""""""""""" xp for staying!"  I'm host.  I literally cannot leave.  All I can do is bitch on the forums about how boring this is.  The part where I got to play the game was fun though!

Here's the best part.  I got called a "bad teammate" by the last person alive for "taking the boat and not saying anything"  #1.  The boat only fits 2 people and I found a passenger along the way, and #2 I never got a walkie talkie, so I did all that I could.  got me and another person out alive.  Plus you kind of need stealth for the boat.  Loose lips sink ships as they say in the Navy.

On 6/25/2017 at 10:54 AM, I Hate Spectate said:

What do you think happens when you escape?  Same thing.  If you find the 2 boat parts instantly and fix the boat and get out , you're spectating as long as someone that Jason tunnels early in the match, just you're getting more xp.

In fact right now I'm having to spectate over 12 minutes because I escaped after fixing the boat and giving an AJ a ride, and before you say "you can leave you just won't get the """""""""""bonus"""""""""""" xp for staying!"  I'm host.  I literally cannot leave.  All I can do is bitch on the forums about how boring this is.  The part where I got to play the game was fun though!

Here's the best part.  I got called a "bad teammate" by the last person alive for "taking the boat and not saying anything"  #1.  The boat only fits 2 people and I found a passenger along the way, and #2 I never got a walkie talkie, so I did all that I could.  got me and another person out alive.  Plus you kind of need stealth for the boat.  Loose lips sink ships as they say in the Navy.

Then go get a coke. Or a smoke. Or go to the restroom. 

12 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Then go get a coke. Or a smoke. Or go to the restroom. 

Or Illfonic can retract their head from their ass, realize that forced spectate is stupid, and stop it, and have host migration.

8 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Or Illfonic can retract their head from their ass, realize that forced spectate is stupid, and stop it, and have host migration.

The game does need host migration. But some patience on your part could go a long way. Or you could just give up on the game. 

4 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

The game does need host migration. But some patience on your part could go a long way. Or you could just give up on the game. 

I didn't pay money to watch twitch.  I could watch this game on twitch for free.  Not to mention the patience doesn't actually accomplish anything.  Even as host at the end of the match you have a chance of being kicked back to the main menu so no it doesn't hold lobbies together, people quit when they get their xp and after about 2 games in a row in the same lobby it bounces you anyway.  Literally no point in forced spectate.  Patience just for patiences' sake with no point and no purpose is worthless.

Spawn near phone or car? Run. You got about 35 seconds to get out of there. 

Best way not to spectate is to not die. I know...I die too. 

45 minutes ago, Campkill said:

Spawn near phone or car? Run. You got about 35 seconds to get out of there. 

Best way not to spectate is to not die. I know...I die too. 

as I just got done saying earlier, the result is the same if you escape, you fucking spectate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

as I just got done saying earlier, the result is the same if you escape, you fucking spectate.

Lol true true. But if you escape with a hot councilor you can go party n enjoy the night while your friends die?

Just now, Campkill said:

Lol true true. But if you escape with a hot councilor you can go party n enjoy the night while your friends die?

By doing what?  Spectating?