Jump to content
Link941

Kills should count as soon as execution starts

Recommended Posts

On 6/26/2017 at 8:50 AM, SexDrugs&Tea said:

Personnally, I'm a dirty mid-execution quitter sometimes and I'll tell you why.

Half the Jasons I play against are obnoxious with the chat and if they spent and entire chase moaning, whining, calling me names or telling me how much I fucking suck, then you can bet theyre gonna be performing their shiny 5 000 CP execution on the damn empty air.

When I play Jason I never speak, I just do my thing and sometimes I say good game at the end of an execution. Even then I get the inavoidable minimum 1 instaquit as soon as the gane begins from someone who I assume only plays Jason and on average 2 mid-execution quitters, even if I dont heckle them

 

I'm either a quiet Jason or a silly one making jokes or doing a skit. Not in a obnoxious or offensive way either, unless I know them. But it doesn't seem to matter because even as a quiet Jason who lets people go a lot and gives chances I still had, I shit you not, 5 games in a row where the entire lobby left except 1 or 2 people. and on average now I'm getting about half the lobby to leave minimum, with the occasional lobby where they all stay because they found me funny and an enjoyable Jason. Lobbies like those are the only reason I still play this game tbh. Where people can let go and not take this game that seriously and just have fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Link941 said:

Well I mean if you keep the exp you earned, lets say around 1k as a good counselor who did everything, get killed and then your in the afterlife lobby; when you quit from there you keep all your exp. And if you wait till the end you might earn like maybe another 300 xp or something on top of that. Thats kinda how I picture a better system. Even if you get dumped to the main menus, I've made so many friends in this game that anything that gives people incentives to stay as long as possible together, no matter how minuscule, is a positive in my book. Ive been in many "quiet" lobbies that didn't open up till after I played a match or two with them and if they didn't stay I likely wouldn't have made new friends to play with.

You have no idea how xp breaks down in this game, common misconception.

a good round as counselor only EARNS about 400-600 xp.  The other 500 that makes their total between 900-1100xp comes from the match completion """""""""""""bonus""""""""""""" (even though it's never called a bonus in game, morons keep toting it around as a bonus)

But for counselor the sources of xp are:

Killing Jason: 500xp

Match Complete: 500xp (mind you Jason ALWAYS gets this, even if he rage quits, it's just given to him, only counselors have to spectate.  For Jason it's base XP for the match, for counselors it's a fucking """"""""""""""""""""""""bonus"""""""""""""""""""""""""")

Team Escape: 250xp, this is an odd one.  If you fix a vehicle all by yourself and escape in it you can't get this, even with a full vehicle.  The way you get this is if 2 different people fix a vehicle and both of you are in it as it escapes, OR if you fix the phone box, and either you, or anyone else calls the cops and EVERYONE ON THE MAP ESCAPES (I've seen it once, a 0/8) you get this.

Escape:  200xp

Time bonus: 1-200xp depending on how long you were alive in the match.  If you wait out the clock you get a max time bonus of 200xp (but not escape xp), escaping or dying early in the match results in a low time bonus.  If you escape 3 minutes into the match on the boat you think "hey I did awesome" except your time bonus will only be 30.

Fight back!: 100xp  Doing DAMAGE to Jason with a weapon the first time, flare and firecrackers don't give this! (offensive)

Stunner:  50xp  stunning Jason the first time (offensive)

Pyro: 50xp using firecrackers on Jason (defensive?  not sure could also be offensive)

Not the Face!: 50xp  using a flare gun on Jason and stunning him with it (offensive).

Show Yourself: 50xp unmasking Jason (offensive)

Hunter: 50xp shooting Jason with a shotgun (offensive)

Not sure what it's called but I think there's a bonus for the first hit with a melee weapon too?  50xp (although there might not actually be a special bonus for melee hits) (offensive)

Trapper: 50xp for catching Jason in a bear trap (defensive)

Fixer:  50xp for either putting in gas, a battery, propeller, or phone fuse, or repairing an electrical box.  You can get this multiple times.  If you pour gas into 2 vehicles, put on a propeller and install a battery, put in the fuse, and repair all 3 electrical boxes you'll get 505 fixer xp (400 from fixing those things, +50 for each vehicle repaired that you contributed to, plus 5 for finding a repair part the first time)

Vehicle Repaired: 50xp for each vehicle that gets repaired that you installed a part on (fixer)

Calling the cops: 50xp (reinforcements)

Calling Tommy: 50xp (reinforcements)

Escaping Unscathed (never taking damage) 20xp (defensive)

Arm Yourself 10xp (offensive)

Break Free 10xp for getting out of a grab the first time (defensive)

Set a Trap: 5xp (defensive)

Fortification: 5xp (defensive)

Found a Part: 5xp (fixer)

Marked: 5xp (defensive) (hitting Jason with a flare but not stunning him)

Distracted: 5xp (defensive) turning on a radio or lighting firecrackers

 

So a "good" round is like fixing a car by yourself (155xp), getting stopped by Jason and stunning him with a melee weapon or shotgun (200xp), escaping (200xp), and along the way you'll have set a trap, barricaded a door, and armed yourself (5+5+10xp), and took you about 10 minutes to do (100xp time bonus or more)

So doing all that you'll have EARNED 675xp, if you quit the match without spectating, that's what you'll get.  If you spectate until the match's end you'll get 1175xp instead.

So if you grab someone and hit choke on them 2 minutes into the match (20 time bonus) and they don't want to spectate, they'll probably have gotten 35-40 total xp if they quit after they die.  So basically a nothingburger.  So.. they quit before, so that you lose 110-150xp because your loss is now more than what they would have gained making it a better "fuck you" than taking their 35-40xp and leaving after giving you xp.  They gain 0xp for the match for doing it, but they weren't going to get much anyway.  If they were going to get 540 xp for letting you kill them instead (because the match xp wasn't barricaded behind forced spectate).. uh, yeah, I gain more than you would have lost if I ragequit, the benefit is to my favor if I let you get your xp.

4 hours ago, Link941 said:

I'm either a quiet Jason or a silly one making jokes or doing a skit. Not in a obnoxious or offensive way either, unless I know them. But it doesn't seem to matter because even as a quiet Jason who lets people go a lot and gives chances I still had, I shit you not, 5 games in a row where the entire lobby left except 1 or 2 people. and on average now I'm getting about half the lobby to leave minimum, with the occasional lobby where they all stay because they found me funny and an enjoyable Jason. Lobbies like those are the only reason I still play this game tbh. Where people can let go and not take this game that seriously and just have fun.

Nothing is more cringeworthy than a person on Jason acting cocky and bragging.  "hey mom I beat the game on easy mode!" that's what I hear when I hear Jasons bragging on mic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mics should automatically be cut when you're playing as Jason unless you're in a private lobby. I don't ever talk as Jason & most of the ones that do try way too hard to be funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had people rage quit after I've simply grabbed them, presumably because they have no pocket knife. So while this could help a little, people are still going to do it in other situations. I suppose they could just give Jason the exp for anyone who quits. Makes sense since technically they didn't survive in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I've had people rage quit after I've simply grabbed them, presumably because they have no pocket knife. So while this could help a little, people are still going to do it in other situations. I suppose they could just give Jason the exp for anyone who quits. Makes sense since technically they didn't survive in the game.

Nope, you're not entitled to xp just because they joined the game.  You didn't kill them, you don't get the xp.  It's just like they never joined the lobby at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck that noise. Yes, we are entitled to that XP. This is a Friday the 13th game. You're either playing to kill or playing to survive. If some asshole quits simply because it wasn't his lucky day, you should absolutely get the XP you would've gotten had they not bitched out & quit. Absolutely everyone who plays as Jason (and isn't an annoying dickhead, I must add) is entitled to that XP & not to have it fucked over because you happened to get caught with your pants down.

Anybody who's played this game should be saying this. And the fact that your opinion is the total opposite is mind-boggling. But, then again, this is the same guy saying you should be compensated after you die because you don't like sitting & spectating for a few minutes, so I guess I shouldn't bare too much surprise here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Emperiex said:

Fuck that noise. Yes, we are entitled to that XP. This is a Friday the 13th game. You're either playing to kill or playing to survive. If some asshole quits simply because it wasn't his lucky day, you should absolutely get the XP you would've gotten had they not bitched out & quit. Absolutely everyone who plays as Jason (and isn't an annoying dickhead, I must add) is entitled to that XP & not to have it fucked over because you happened to get caught with your pants down.

Anybody who's played this game should be saying this. And the fact that your opinion is the total opposite is mind-boggling. But, then again, this is the same guy saying you should be compensated after you die because you don't like sitting & spectating for a few minutes, so I guess I shouldn't bare too much surprise here.

Jason gets the 500xp without spectating.  Even if Jason rage quits he gets the 500xp.

and no, you're not entitled to kill xp when people quit at the start of the match without you so much as seeing them, nor are you entitled to xp for people who crash, get disconnected, etc.  No you're not entitled to kill xp if a counselor betrays another counselor either.  You only get the xp you get for actions YOU do in game + 500 match base xp.  When it comes down to it, I'm just asking that counselors always get that match xp just like Jason always gets it.  Jason can rage quit if a 4 seater car is about to get away, depriving everyone in the car of escape xp and potentially the team escape 250xp on top.  That's 450xp  that Jason can deprive for everyone in the entire match, and you're crying about a lost 110-150xp.  Why does only Jason's xp matter and not the counselors, and considering the way you come across, the xp only matters when YOU are playing Jason, fuck everyone else right?

UNLIKE when a counselor rage quits and deprives Jason of a tiny amount of xp, when that counselor quits before dying they get ZERO xp or cp, no badge progress, nothing, it's like they were never in the match as far as the game is concerned.  But if Jason rage quits to deny a full car of escape xp, Jason still gets base match XP and all the accumulated xp he's built up from other kills, trapping people, party crasher, etc.  Jason still gets badge progress and everything if he rage quits.

A rage quitting counselor gets NOTHING

A rage quitting Jason gets probably about 1000xp still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You have no idea how xp breaks down in this game, common misconception.

a good round as counselor only EARNS about 400-600 xp.  The other 500 that makes their total between 900-1100xp comes from the match completion """""""""""""bonus""""""""""""" (even though it's never called a bonus in game, morons keep toting it around as a bonus)

But for counselor the sources of xp are:

Killing Jason: 500xp

Match Complete: 500xp (mind you Jason ALWAYS gets this, even if he rage quits, it's just given to him, only counselors have to spectate.  For Jason it's base XP for the match, for counselors it's a fucking """"""""""""""""""""""""bonus"""""""""""""""""""""""""")

Team Escape: 250xp, this is an odd one.  If you fix a vehicle all by yourself and escape in it you can't get this, even with a full vehicle.  The way you get this is if 2 different people fix a vehicle and both of you are in it as it escapes, OR if you fix the phone box, and either you, or anyone else calls the cops and EVERYONE ON THE MAP ESCAPES (I've seen it once, a 0/8) you get this.

Escape:  200xp

Time bonus: 1-200xp depending on how long you were alive in the match.  If you wait out the clock you get a max time bonus of 200xp (but not escape xp), escaping or dying early in the match results in a low time bonus.  If you escape 3 minutes into the match on the boat you think "hey I did awesome" except your time bonus will only be 30.

Fight back!: 100xp  Doing DAMAGE to Jason with a weapon the first time, flare and firecrackers don't give this! (offensive)

Stunner:  50xp  stunning Jason the first time (offensive)

Pyro: 50xp using firecrackers on Jason (defensive?  not sure could also be offensive)

Not the Face!: 50xp  using a flare gun on Jason and stunning him with it (offensive).

Show Yourself: 50xp unmasking Jason (offensive)

Hunter: 50xp shooting Jason with a shotgun (offensive)

Not sure what it's called but I think there's a bonus for the first hit with a melee weapon too?  50xp (although there might not actually be a special bonus for melee hits) (offensive)

Trapper: 50xp for catching Jason in a bear trap (defensive)

Fixer:  50xp for either putting in gas, a battery, propeller, or phone fuse, or repairing an electrical box.  You can get this multiple times.  If you pour gas into 2 vehicles, put on a propeller and install a battery, put in the fuse, and repair all 3 electrical boxes you'll get 505 fixer xp (400 from fixing those things, +50 for each vehicle repaired that you contributed to, plus 5 for finding a repair part the first time)

Vehicle Repaired: 50xp for each vehicle that gets repaired that you installed a part on (fixer)

Calling the cops: 50xp (reinforcements)

Calling Tommy: 50xp (reinforcements)

Escaping Unscathed (never taking damage) 20xp (defensive)

Arm Yourself 10xp (offensive)

Break Free 10xp for getting out of a grab the first time (defensive)

Set a Trap: 5xp (defensive)

Fortification: 5xp (defensive)

Found a Part: 5xp (fixer)

Marked: 5xp (defensive) (hitting Jason with a flare but not stunning him)

Distracted: 5xp (defensive) turning on a radio or lighting firecrackers

 

So a "good" round is like fixing a car by yourself (155xp), getting stopped by Jason and stunning him with a melee weapon or shotgun (200xp), escaping (200xp), and along the way you'll have set a trap, barricaded a door, and armed yourself (5+5+10xp), and took you about 10 minutes to do (100xp time bonus or more)

So doing all that you'll have EARNED 675xp, if you quit the match without spectating, that's what you'll get.  If you spectate until the match's end you'll get 1175xp instead.

So if you grab someone and hit choke on them 2 minutes into the match (20 time bonus) and they don't want to spectate, they'll probably have gotten 35-40 total xp if they quit after they die.  So basically a nothingburger.  So.. they quit before, so that you lose 110-150xp because your loss is now more than what they would have gained making it a better "fuck you" than taking their 35-40xp and leaving after giving you xp.  They gain 0xp for the match for doing it, but they weren't going to get much anyway.  If they were going to get 540 xp for letting you kill them instead (because the match xp wasn't barricaded behind forced spectate).. uh, yeah, I gain more than you would have lost if I ragequit, the benefit is to my favor if I let you get your xp.

Nothing is more cringeworthy than a person on Jason acting cocky and bragging.  "hey mom I beat the game on easy mode!" that's what I hear when I hear Jasons bragging on mic.

I know how exp works, the numbers were off the top of my head. So just replace them with the correct ones and my idea still stands. If you're so feverishly wanting to defend counselors getting exp then what do you propose is the solution to this entire mess then? You do remember what this post was originally about, right?

 

And personally I understand wanting to quit on a Jason acting cocky or bragging like you mentioned, but as I said, silent Jasons still get sore losers who quit mid or late game and we're trying to fix that here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Link941 said:

I know how exp works, the numbers were off the top of my head. So just replace them with the correct ones and my idea still stands. If you're so feverishly wanting to defend counselors getting exp then what do you propose is the solution to this entire mess then? You do remember what this post was originally about, right?

 

And personally I understand wanting to quit on a Jason acting cocky or bragging like you mentioned, but as I said, silent Jasons still get sore losers who quit mid or late game and we're trying to fix that here.

I think some QOL changes on counselor side could make the quits less frequent   Giving the match xp as a base amount of xp and you only have to spectate until Tommy spawns to get it rather than the end of the match.  

Perhaps raising the amount of xp that counselors get for doing things might also help.  A bad round on Jason nets about 1000 xp, which is roughly what a good round on a counselor nets.  Some people quit as soon as they're not Jason in a match and maybe making counselor a bit more rewarding would help change that.

Changing counselor spawn points so they don't spawn next to the phone cabin, or out in the middle of nowhere near a cabin can help make it less likely that people would get killed right at the start of the game and less likely to be frustrated that they didn't even get to play.

Perhaps some adjustment to grab, whether it's reducing it's range to less than melee range (currently it feels like he has vacuum hands), or having an internal cooldown between grabs so it can't just be spammed until it works, or allowing you to ward away a grab and stagger Jason with a weapon attack like Trish Jarvis did in the Final Chapter, there's little things that might be done that might make it just not seem so janky and cheap, while still being effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this talk about exp, is it really that important? What I suggested previously about Jason receiving kill exp from quitters was only an idea. I don't feel strongly about it, but perhaps it would be a bit of consolation for other players. Personally, it wouldn't make me feel better about rage-quitters, because it's not the loss of points that pisses me off, it's that I'm playing with shitty people who deliberately ruin the game experience for me. Quitting mid-execution is just bad sportsmanship. 

And it really doesn't help that I'm left with Jason executing air - it would be more of a consolation for me if that were fixed, and I at least got to see the proper execution, than slightly more points would.

I am also wondering why people here care so much about exp, when I assume they have played regularly enough to unlock all Jasons and Counselors by now, and probably bought all the grab kills by now too. So all that is left is gambling on perks and unlocking more palette/texture swaps of clothes. Regarding perks, I think most of the people who spent that 13k on them were disappointed, because it is a totally random thing and best not to put too much stock into. Regular players generally have enough decent ones to get them by. 

For me it's always been about simply enjoying the matches with good players. Whenever that is not the case, even bucketloads of exp won't suffice because it would be a waste of my time if I'm not enjoying it. So don't get hung up on numbers, even trophies have more purpose than them. Having fun playing the game should be priority, and in this game that all depends on who you're playing with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Jason gets the 500xp without spectating.  Even if Jason rage quits he gets the 500xp.

and no, you're not entitled to kill xp when people quit at the start of the match without you so much as seeing them, nor are you entitled to xp for people who crash, get disconnected, etc.  No you're not entitled to kill xp if a counselor betrays another counselor either.  You only get the xp you get for actions YOU do in game + 500 match base xp.  When it comes down to it, I'm just asking that counselors always get that match xp just like Jason always gets it.  Jason can rage quit if a 4 seater car is about to get away, depriving everyone in the car of escape xp and potentially the team escape 250xp on top.  That's 450xp  that Jason can deprive for everyone in the entire match, and you're crying about a lost 110-150xp.  Why does only Jason's xp matter and not the counselors, and considering the way you come across, the xp only matters when YOU are playing Jason, fuck everyone else right?

UNLIKE when a counselor rage quits and deprives Jason of a tiny amount of xp, when that counselor quits before dying they get ZERO xp or cp, no badge progress, nothing, it's like they were never in the match as far as the game is concerned.  But if Jason rage quits to deny a full car of escape xp, Jason still gets base match XP and all the accumulated xp he's built up from other kills, trapping people, party crasher, etc.  Jason still gets badge progress and everything if he rage quits.

A rage quitting counselor gets NOTHING

A rage quitting Jason gets probably about 1000xp still.

Are you sure he still gets the 500 xp? You're leaving the lobby before the game ends. Just double checking here.

I don't really think it's about depriving Jason of the xp anymore. Jason rage quitting is a turd thing to do as well. It's just sad and disappointing when you hear someone threaten to quit or they miss with the flare and are out of stamina so you just see them collapse. It's not about the xp at that point.

I guess it really doesn't matter at all anymore. Are you a total turd for rage quitting when playing a video game? Oh yeah. Always. But whatever, on to the next one. 

As for the 500 xp given for "seeing a match to completion" (I won't call it a bonus anymore), right now I wouldn't care if they did away with it altogether just to eliminate the complaining.

You only earn it when the match is over. Not over for you, not when Tommy shows up, completely over. You don't deserve that xp until the match is OVER. Period. Some people see it as something you should get no matter what. Like it's being taken off of them when they leave. That's not what's happening. 

But again, whatever with xp anymore. If you wanna quit because you got an unlucky spawn or Jason tunneled you, go ahead. If you wanna quit because you missed with a shotgun and you're out of stamina with no knife, go ahead. If you wanna quit when you're Jason and a foursome of counselors just took the scenic route to the exit and you missed your morph spot, whatever. You're playing a god damn video game. The anonymity of the internet has really turned some people into total Jerks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

All this talk about exp, is it really that important? What I suggested previously about Jason receiving kill exp from quitters was only an idea. I don't feel strongly about it, but perhaps it would be a bit of consolation for other players. Personally, it wouldn't make me feel better about rage-quitters, because it's not the loss of points that pisses me off, it's that I'm playing with shitty people who deliberately ruin the game experience for me. Quitting mid-execution is just bad sportsmanship. 

And it really doesn't help that I'm left with Jason executing air - it would be more of a consolation for me if that were fixed, and I at least got to see the proper execution, than slightly more points would.

I am also wondering why people here care so much about exp, when I assume they have played regularly enough to unlock all Jasons and Counselors by now, and probably bought all the grab kills by now too. So all that is left is gambling on perks and unlocking more palette/texture swaps of clothes. Regarding perks, I think most of the people who spent that 13k on them were disappointed, because it is a totally random thing and best not to put too much stock into. Regular players generally have enough decent ones to get them by. 

For me it's always been about simply enjoying the matches with good players. Whenever that is not the case, even bucketloads of exp won't suffice because it would be a waste of my time if I'm not enjoying it. So don't get hung up on numbers, even trophies have more purpose than them. Having fun playing the game should be priority, and in this game that all depends on who you're playing with.

People like to be rewarded when they play a game, it's a pretty common psychological thing.  That's why achievement and progression systems even exist.  If they feel a game is unrewarding to play they get bored and stop playing.  Look at MMO players, some of them think leveling up is basically the only gameplay for them.  When they hit level cap, some players continue to raid and do group content, PVP, whatever they get cool gear for their characters, develop whatever horizontal advancement the game offers, etc, it's still rewarding for them.  But for some players.. the only thing that feels rewarding for them is that xp bar moving up and gaining more levels.  So they get bored and stop playing, and only come back for the next expansion/level cap increase so they can level more.  The Raiders eventually lose interest too once they have all their gear from the raids maxed out and there's nowhere left for their character to grow.  So they're ready for that expansion too, even if they're not thrilled for the leveling part.  A more personal example, payday 2.  I LOVE playing some Payday 2 with my friends it's a great co-op game.. but.. we all got to a point where we're level 100, and have gone infamous as many times as we care to do for extra masks.  At first we were just like, okay we can go for challenge, Death wish and One Down loud heists here we go right?  But.. since the money we were earning was not doing anything (after all it's not real money) and we were no longer gaining xp.. we all 1 by 1 got bored of playing, because we were no longer progressing at all.  Even adding new heists has not resparked interest in playing again (though partly because each new Heist was $7 until it went on deep sales..), I fear the only way we'll be able to really dive back into that game is if we all decide to go infamous again and start from level 0 again.  It's just nice to feel like you're progressing.

2 hours ago, rickyount02 said:

Are you sure he still gets the 500 xp? You're leaving the lobby before the game ends. Just double checking here.

I don't really think it's about depriving Jason of the xp anymore. Jason rage quitting is a turd thing to do as well. It's just sad and disappointing when you hear someone threaten to quit or they miss with the flare and are out of stamina so you just see them collapse. It's not about the xp at that point.

I guess it really doesn't matter at all anymore. Are you a total turd for rage quitting when playing a video game? Oh yeah. Always. But whatever, on to the next one. 

As for the 500 xp given for "seeing a match to completion" (I won't call it a bonus anymore), right now I wouldn't care if they did away with it altogether just to eliminate the complaining.

You only earn it when the match is over. Not over for you, not when Tommy shows up, completely over. You don't deserve that xp until the match is OVER. Period. Some people see it as something you should get no matter what. Like it's being taken off of them when they leave. That's not what's happening. 

But again, whatever with xp anymore. If you wanna quit because you got an unlucky spawn or Jason tunneled you, go ahead. If you wanna quit because you missed with a shotgun and you're out of stamina with no knife, go ahead. If you wanna quit when you're Jason and a foursome of counselors just took the scenic route to the exit and you missed your morph spot, whatever. You're playing a god damn video game. The anonymity of the internet has really turned some people into total Jerks.

I'm pretty sure he still gets the 500xp because when I've crashed as Jason before I even killed anyone (got a fatal error on my first morph.. wtf?)  I still got a noticeable chunk of xp/cp.  I could be wrong, I'd have to waste a match as Jason to test it properly.

and because of that, that IS what's happening.  For Jason it's base xp (because if he leaves the match is over, no matter how he leaves), for counselors they hold it hostage behind spectate.

Also here's an important thing you never seem to get.  You sticking to the gun of brown nosing the developers and defending the terrible design choice that that is, doesn't help with the situation at hand:  that people rage quit out of not wanting to spectate.

Calling people pussies or insulting them on the forum isn't going to change people's behavior if they find that situation unfun and punishing to them they'll continue to do it.  I'm at least honest about exactly why I do it, in hopes that it'll change.

Not to get political, but see how effective the Democrat strategy of calling people who wouldn't vote Hillary Clinton "bigot" "racist" "sexist" "misogynist" "homophobic" "xenophobic" "transphobic" "islamaphobic" or "white privileged"  worked out.  In fact it probably helped out Trump.  Instead of trying to focus on what made people dislike Hillary from a policy angle, or distrust her out of a personal character angle, they focused on her gender and identity politics, and slung insults at anyone who didn't support her (even those who voted 3rd party), and it failed them.

So just using that as an analogy, not to spark political debate... 

What ultimately needs to be done is, find ways to make people not WANT to rage quit or leave before they die.  I've suggested a couple different angles to work at, under the assumption that the people quitting want their progression, they want to have a fun match and maybe feel their spawn has doomed them to an unfun match, and maybe there's some game mechanics that feel more janky than scary.and fun that could get polished up.  (like listen to people when they get grabbed from a really long distance.  They don't sound scared or like they're having fun, they sound like the game has glitched on them, or like it's jank "How was that a grab?  I was 15 feet away?"  If it visually does not look right, it looks like they're being cheated or cheesed rather than a legitimate play).  Calling them "pussy bitches" and telling them to "just get over it" isn't going to fix the problem, unless you consider the game's population continually dwindling to be the solution.

Oh and one other thing that should definitely be looked into.. the way Jason is selected.  Currently yes selecting him as your preference means you're more likely to get him however... people who have no preference or have counselor preference can STILL get him even if most of the people in the lobby have Jason preferred.  I've talked to people who just got done playing Jason in the next match and he was asking if ANYONE had Jason preferred because he had no spawn preference and didn't want to play Jason.  Because the majority of people want to play as Jason, or at least a lot of the ragequitters do (and when someone who doesn't want to play Jason gets Jason... match ends in like 10s usually.. everyone is like "okay.... thanks for free xp but what happened?"  "I guess they didn't want to be Jason"), maybe it should only pick someone with no preference if there's nobody preferring to be Jason in the lobby, and only pick someone who's preferred to be counselor if nobody has preference for Jason AND nobody has no preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...