Sign in to follow this  
XLockX

-1000k + for idiots who walk in traps...

Man I am sick of losing my exp due to idiots who walk into bear traps I set. I now no longer set traps.

The -1000 xp really, really shouldn't be applied due to bear traps.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, XLockX said:

Man I am sick of losing my exp due to idiots who walk into bear traps I set. I now no longer set traps.

I worried about this happening but it had never happened to me yet so I was wondering if it didn't apply.. well shit.

I have to admit my good mate (that I meet online) lost 1000XP last night because I was one of these idiots. I had Jason on my ass and ran through the house and ran round and round trying to survive and then ran straight into a trap we set.

I unlike these other idiots felt bad as it was an honest mistake but he lost 1000XP and it was just as the doubleXP kicked in.

Part of me feels bear-trap suiciders should lose the XP for being dumb. 

Traps are almost always at the door.   Hard to miss. 

The same could be said for people that purposely run out in front of cars that are leaving them even if its full. Ive had that happen a few times...

• Like 1

Yeah this -1000 xp is to much. I understand why they did it due to the trollers but now they found a way to screw you out of exp so its still an issue. Maybe GunMedia can figure out something to fix this.

One way you can avoid this is to open a door, place the trap IN THE DOOR FRAME, then close and bar the door. No one can walk into the trap so long as the door is closed, and it requires Jason to walk through the trap. Someone would have to deliberately open the door to walk into it.

• Like 1

The simplest fix would be to just count it as Suicide. Jason doesn't get Murdered credit when counselors kill themselves climbing through windows he busted, so it should function the same.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ban_All_Music said:

The simplest fix would be to just count it as Suicide. Jason doesn't get Murdered credit when counselors kill themselves climbing through windows he busted, so it should function the same.

+1

Or they could make it so that death by traps or vehicles don't count as player vs player deaths. Only melee or shotgun deaths get you the -1000xp.

• Like 3

Just now, JohnnyKapow said:

Or they could make it so that death by traps or vehicles don't count as player vs player deaths. Only melee or shotgun deaths get you the -1000xp.

That means people can intentionally run me over with no repercussions, keep it for everything except traps.

Just now, Benallan17 said:

That means people can intentionally run me over with no repercussions, keep it for everything except traps.

LOL you get run over a lot do ya?

What if it's a counsellor trying to get to the car and it's already in motion and they accidentally get in front of it?

I think SunnySolaire's idea to make it a suicide is probably the best.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

LOL you get run over a lot do ya?

What if it's a counsellor trying to get to the car and it's already in motion and they accidentally get in front of it?

I think SunnySolaire's idea to make it a suicide is probably the best.

It wan't my idea, it was @Ban_All_Music.

Back on topic tho. The reason counselors step on bear traps is because they're nearly invisible when you're running or in a hurry.

So why not give counselor-placed bear-traps a noticeable glow for counselors-only?. Counselors can still see them and they keep their use against Jason. Bear traps already have a very light shimmering because it's a pickup, but it's not enough to keep people from walking in them.

• Like 1

I personally find it hysterical when I step on a trap left by a counsellor. 

Haven't been hit by the car yet, but now I'm looking forward to it. Not gonna dive in front of one or anything...or will I? ;)

Dying in this game doesn't bother me at all. And if I got -1000xp that wouldn't bother me either. It's not like your characters improve with the levels you gain. It would be different if say every fifth level you gained a stat point to spend to upgrade your counsellors.

As it stands now we gain levels to unlock little dolls and clothing for said dolls and we play 'dress up Barbie' with them and then send them off to camp to be murdered.

• Like 2

It's because you are placing the traps wrong. Open the door, place trap within door and close it. Then lock it and let Jason open it. 

Dont place the traps inside the cabin 

You're forgetting perks...

But anyway.. traps should be a suicide since the only way to trigger one is to step in it yourself.

The hit by a car thing is hard to work out.  on the one hand, if there is no penalty griefers who are driving can intentionally hit people without it costing them anything, on the other hand, if you have a huge penalty griefers can go try to get themselves hit to punish the driver with a penalty

I don't think there's a really good automatic system based way of handling it.  I think you would actually need to not punish it with an xp penalty but rather have the game track the driver's betrayal kills and then have an in game reporting feature instead.if people report a driver intentionally hitting people to grief them, Gun could see 2-3 people reported this driver and he killed 4 people by hitting them with a car, chances are, yes, that's a griefer luring people to the car then hitting them.  The Jason should also be reporting the guy afterall, some of those kills might have been his and given him xp instead.  Then instead of an xp penalty they get a ban.

4 minutes ago, 7theye said:

It's because you are placing the traps wrong. Open the door, place trap within door and close it. Then lock it and let Jason open it. 

Dont place the traps inside the cabin 

I tried that, it resulted in me stepping in the trap when barricading the door.  Nope  I would stick to doing it the way everyone's used to by now.  Just inside the door.

9 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

You're forgetting perks...

Oh you mean like rolling something like the "Less noise while swimming" common perk for the millionth time and wasting CP?