So on console at least the Quick Matches are Peer to Peer and not the Dedicated Servers we eventually hope to be using.

I understand this is to facilitate gameplay but it comes with the unfortunate side effect of hosts intentionally quitting early (in some cases probably completely ignorant they're bringing the entire game down for everyone else).

A possible solution is Host Migration and Make Jason Host.

While you're always going to get the odd salty Jason throwing his axe out the pram because a few counselors escaped for the most part... Jasons stay until they've either got everyone or they've escaped.

If you can get Host Migration then making Jason "Host" should lead to more games and happier gamers.

• Like 1

Every match as Jason today ended for me once the host quit after dying. I have to start paying attention to the host, and make sure not to kill them.

Actually not a bad suggestion for quick match if implemented properly, especially given the fact that you have no real power as a QM host, just map choice lol, and the fact that if a Jason quits (host or not, the match is over, but at least people get exp. If this change got implemented then you go from 2 people being able to make everyone leave by quitting down to 1 that you can't avoid.

They just need to actually put in Dedicated Servers for the Console, which they are working on AFAIK.

This doesn't happen on PC fortunately, if the host quits it at least keeps going until the game is over, but then it sends everyone back to the main menu. Host Migration would be the easiest fix.