Jump to content

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

The game will be a month old on Monday, and I can not imagine there are a lot of players who can say they have mastered all the counselors and all the Jason's.  Maybe switching up who you play with (on both sides) and play to that character's strengths will help freshen the game up a bit.  

 

 

To speak to this point, I've finally accrued enough perks to outfit all my counselors with something decent. To that end, I've started going with random counselor/random Jason pairings in order to up the challenge (and novelty) factor a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I just had some bad luck lately.
Honestly, it just seemed like everything was trapped at least once in every game, or almost camped....
& anytime I used a knife, or ate one.... BAM! hes there within Seconds.

Just gets annoying as all hell when it seems you have pretty much Zero chance in public games.

 

Seems the only decent chance at surviving is perking up as stealthy as possible & go hide for 20 mins........ YAWN!

 

I'll play a few games tonight, & if it doesnt change.
Im just going to play hide & seek until I get bored with it & then just put the game aside for awhile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

west might I suggest that you spend 60-120  minutes reading a couple of tricks and guides and then you will notice that Jason is actually way too weak and you can forcibly do whatever you want to do. Car repair, fusebox, time out, kill. Whatever really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2017 at 0:57 AM, westwarren said:

yeah it is stale, all the counselors ive ever faced as a jason never make it out, if you dont use any of the abilities you wont have a chance, but if you do they wont ever win 

....you place a trap on the phone and go hunt, if the trap has been tampered with, teleport back... its not hard at all

This is just flat out wrong. Traps can simply be avoided so when you are up against good councellors relying on a trap will only net you police called without the trap ever triggered or disarmed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pappus said:

This is just flat out wrong. Traps can simply be avoided so when you are up against good councellors relying on a trap will only net you police called without the trap ever triggered or disarmed.

Don't see how when literally every single time I try to fix the fuse while there is a trap there I always wind up getting trapped.

 

The only place this doesn't happen to me is the car doors, traps that are on the car doors can be avoided.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weirdkid5 said:

Don't see how when literally every single time I try to fix the fuse while there is a trap there I always wind up getting trapped.

 

The only place this doesn't happen to me is the car doors, traps that are on the car doors can be avoided.

1 councellor steps slightly next to trap, second councellor comes in with the objective and just repairs it. Second councellor will not teleport to the objective and instead repair it where he stands. Voila trap circumvented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pappus said:

1 councellor steps slightly next to trap, second councellor comes in with the objective and just repairs it. Second councellor will not teleport to the objective and instead repair it where he stands. Voila trap circumvented.

Cool. You have to do an exploit in order to win and get around it.

 

Lost a bit of respect for you there Pappus. All the things you've done are legit, but I can't condone this. You can just work with a teammate to fight back against Jason if you are prepared or tank the trap.

 

A "good" counselor doesn't need exploits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

Cool. You have to do an exploit in order to win and get around it.

 

Lost a bit of respect for you there Pappus. All the things you've done are legit, but I can't condone this.

Exploits are exploits and tech is tech. Single traps are not enough to prevent it you need to place 3 if you wanna have security. As long as there is counterplay all is good, but even if you do not circumvent the trap a good Jason can still not prevent the repair and phonecall against 3 councellors.

 

Also I don't care about respect, I care about tech and for traps there is one. If you deem it an exploit that is your decision. All it does is making sure that 1-2 traps are not enough to not be alerted before the fuse goes in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh I agree to a extent.

I believe you can make the game more challenging once you stop trapping everything.

Ive switched over to part 7, so I'm in the process of learning how to play without trapping every single objective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pappus said:

Exploits are exploits and tech is tech. Single traps are not enough to prevent it you need to place 3 if you wanna have security. As long as there is counterplay all is good, but even if you do not circumvent the trap a good Jason can still not prevent the repair and phonecall against 3 councellors.

 

Also I don't care about respect, I care about tech and for traps there is one. If you deem it an exploit that is your decision. All it does is making sure that 1-2 traps are not enough to not be alerted before the fuse goes in.

Then using 3 people should be the skillful option everyone should take, not exploiting positioning and hitboxes in order for it to be countered. That is circumventing game mechanics, which is an exploit.

 

And placing 3 traps on the phone for "security" is your own prerogative, but is also the mark of an unskilled Jason. One trap is enough assuming people don't exploit and circumvent the trap, like you aren't supposed to do.

 

If you have to take a Counselor, position them so that you magically repair the phone box a few feet away so you don't get moved into the trap, that is an exploit, no two cents about it. You are abusing hitboxes and hit detection in order to gain an advantage, that is not what I would call a "good" counselor. That compliment goes to the team of 3 that can fight Jason back and still call the cops.

 

The latter takes skill, the former suggestion does not. Advocating the use of exploits for standard play is absolutely silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, weirdkid5 said:

Then using 3 people should be the skillful option everyone should take, not exploiting positioning and hitboxes in order for it to be countered. That is circumventing game mechanics, which is an exploit.

 

And placing 3 traps on the phone for "security" is your own prerogative, but is also the mark of an unskilled Jason. One trap is enough assuming people don't exploit and circumvent the trap, like you aren't supposed to do.

 

If you have to take a Counselor, position them so that you magically repair the phone box a few feet away so you don't get moves into the trap, that is an exploit, no two cents about it. You are abusing hitboxes and hit detection in order to gain an advantage, that is not what I would call a "good" counselor. That compliment goes to the team of 3 that can fight Jason back and still call the cops.

 

The latter takes skill, the former suggestion does not. Advocating the use of exploits for standard play is absolutely silly.

If the devs didnt want this to happen they wouldn't have allowed the repair. It is literally allowed as opposed to other things where a bodyblocking councellor will prevent the activation. Also not a few feet away. You still have to be right next to it hence I said put down more traps if you want to avoid it.

1 trap is enough against beginners, against good councellors you place 3 to foil their teamwork advantage. As I said an exploit has no counter, tech does. There is stuff a Jason can do to avoid it - his decision if he is willing to pay the price or not.

While some things can be interacted with with someone blocking, others cannot so I see a decision there. See a window cannot be used if the car is on the other side for example or even beneath the window. Many doors cannot be activated with someone being too close, drawers cannot be used that way etc etc etc.

With objectives it works differently and you can use that. Wether the devs understood the implications of their decision fully is  not up to me to decide. I don't know why you think it is Jasons perogative to be alerted before an objective is touched for the price of a single trap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pappus said:

If the devs didnt want this to happen they wouldn't have allowed the repair. It is literally allowed as opposed to other things where a bodyblocking councellor will prevent the activation. Also not a few feet away. You still have to be right next to it hence I said put down more traps if you want to avoid it.

1 trap is enough against beginners, against good councellors you place 3 to foil their teamwork advantage. As I said an exploit has no counter, tech does. There is stuff a Jason can do to avoid it - his decision if he is willing to pay the price or not.

While some things can be interacted with with someone blocking, others cannot so I see a decision there. See a window cannot be used if the car is on the other side for example or even beneath the window. Many doors cannot be activated with someone being too close, drawers cannot be used that way etc etc etc.

With objectives it works differently and you can use that. Wether the devs understood the implications of their decision fully is  not up to me to decide. I don't know why you think it is Jasons perogative to be alerted before an objective is touched for the price of a single trap.

It's called an oversight, I highly doubt the devs made this as an intended mechanic. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it isn't an exploit. Exploits don't always have to have no counter, they can be used to completely circumvent an intended mechanic of the game. In this case, it is circumventing the fact that repairing pulls you towards the objective, and snaps you into the trap. When I say a few feet away, I mean that it looks like the Counselor is using their mind to repair rather than their hands.

 

And multiple traps can be worked by multiple people tanking and healing on the traps, regaining their 3 man advantage.

 

One takes skill, the other is an exploit. Call it tech if you want, justify your exploit however you see fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

It's called an oversight, I highly doubt the devs made this as an intended mechanic. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it isn't an exploit. Exploits don't always have to have no counter, they can be used to completely circumvent an intended mechanic of the game. In this case, it is circumventing the fact that repairing pulls you towards the objective, and snaps you into the trap. When I say a few feet away, I mean that it looks like the Counselor is using their mind to repair rather than their hands.

 

And multiple traps can be worked by multiple people tanking and healing on the traps, regaining their 3 man advantage.

 

One takes skill, the other is an exploit. Call it tech if you want, justify your exploit however you see fit.

You can snap all 3 traps by yourself, but that alerts Jason. That is the advantage you are gaining against a single trap with the tech, not removing them. Removing them is trivial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/06/2017 at 11:31 PM, horrorfangirl said:

Easy playing Jason?! I disagree there! 

How about not using the traps and not relying on your map, see how long it takes you to catch one! Especially when they start jumping in and out of windows and running around cars!

I think its easier playing as a councillor. 

Easier playing as a counsellor?. What have you been smoking LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But then again this game is designed in Jason's favour so expect to die if you don't get to be him in a match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2017 at 5:31 PM, horrorfangirl said:

Easy playing Jason?! I disagree there! 

How about not using the traps and not relying on your map, see how long it takes you to catch one! Especially when they start jumping in and out of windows and running around cars!

I think its easier playing as a councillor. 

Your funny. I play with a group of good people all the time,level 90 here. I kill most if not all of them this is why, this game will never become balanced, because of people like you don't see this games broken. I just started playing dead by daylight, and can tell u for a fact when your the killer it takes skill to kill someone. In that game and a lot harder, but it's also very rewarding. When you get the kill. the game has its flaws, but at this time it's way better than f13 right now. Why you ask because people think it's fine the way it is. I'm getting bored as Jason it takes no skill to skill some one. You grab and you get a for sure kill. Unless you have a pocket knife. When you grab some one in dead by day light. You have to put them on a hook. Even than they don't die and can get out. Also the killer and the people don't have a map. The big than Is the killer has to play in first person. How ever the people you get to play in third person gives them the advantage in a way. Once the killer fine you how ever it's hard to get away. As it should be. How ever in f13 I feel like when I play Jason it takes no skill at all. This game can take some tips from dead by day light when I play as Jason I want it to be challenged. At the same time I want to be op when I fine you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SSR GOKU BLACK said:

Your funny. I play with a group of good people all the time,level 90 here. I kill most if not all of them this is why, this game will never become balanced, because of people like you don't see this games broken. I just started playing dead by daylight, and can tell u for a fact when your the killer it takes skill to kill someone. In that game and a lot harder, but it's also very rewarding. When you get the kill. the game has its flaws, but at this time it's way better than f13 right now. Why you ask because people think it's fine the way it is. I'm getting bored as Jason it takes no skill to skill some one. You grab and you get a for sure kill. Unless you have a pocket knife. When you grab some one in dead by day light. You have to put them on a hook. Even than they don't die and can get out. Also the killer and the people don't have a map. The big than Is the killer has to play in first person. How ever the people you get to play in third person gives them the advantage in a way. Once the killer fine you how ever it's hard to get away. As it should be. How ever in f13 I feel like when I play Jason it takes no skill at all. This game can take some tips from dead by day light when I play as Jason I want it to be challenged. At the same time I want to be op when I fine you as well.

Balancing has always been in the favor of survivors in DBD for one, which goes against the primary design of asymmetrical multiplayer. 

In DBD there is one type of objective (yes multiple gens), one way or escape(yes two sides) and only one way to kill said survivors and you must preform the task several times for them to actually die or wait a time limit (granted there are mori's but meh).

To me DBD has variety in killers, however from gameplay, its much more stale.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2017 at 6:18 PM, westwarren said:

good day community, i thought i would share an opinion, and this is by no means bashing the game, for i loved the game and supported its development when it was first announced

while the game provides something fresh to the world of gaming, i cannot help but feel that the state of the game has been a let down. NO, im not talking about bugs, majority of bugs can be fixed with time itself 

so whats been bothering me lately?.... the balancing itself, now before people run off and say "muh jasons is suppozed to be OP",  i would like to say YES  he is op, and giving counselors a bit of a chance to escape will not break the game by any means 

1.) first and foremost is the god damn traps, does any one ever fall for the traps?..... no because we know where every jason player ( that has half a brain) will put it, teleport to the phone box put 2 traps, and skidaddle off, and all jason has to do watch the map periodically to make sure no one has tampered with the trap

EVEN worse the only way to stop it is sacrifice a knife, seriously!!!, A KNIFE

it doesnt matter whether or not you found every part in the game, but if a jason decides to stack more than one trap at the objectives, you might as well quit the game

2.) the damn grab, invulnerable animations, a reach that outranges a counselors attack, its been discussed multiple times, i dont think we need to discuss it more

3.) STALK,, now stalk isnt by any means OP, but in the end why it comes so late in the game is quite questionable, letting players have it early on in the game could potentially help out in changing the core gameplay

- as it stands now, all you do is chase a counselor till she/he runs out of stamina, why cant we use stalk and try to ambush a counselor by being stealthy about it?

4.) BIGGEST ISSUE counselor deaths, my other biggest issue with the game, is that it progressively gets harder as each counselor dies, and when they have a part for the objective, youre shit out of luck, because once he/she dies, you unless you find their body ( which could be anywhere on the map )

- pls let their deaths be marked on the map, or at least give us a general idea of where the counselor may have died so we can search their body for the parts 

5.) HIDING, its a joke

TLDR, the game was fun, but the more i play it, the more i just get bored, too hard to escape as a counselor, and too easy to play as jason... there had not been one game recently that i had not killed all the counselors as jason, i reall really LOVE the game... but come on, with the way it is, i could love it more

what does the developers have in store for the balancing in future?, are these issues being looked at?

I agree on the stalk part but traps man I fall for them all the time! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Balancing has always been in the favor of survivors in DBD for one, which goes against the primary design of asymmetrical multiplayer. 

In DBD there is one type of objective (yes multiple gens), one way or escape(yes two sides) and only one way to kill said survivors and you must preform the task several times for them to actually die or wait a time limit (granted there are mori's but meh).

To me DBD has variety in killers, however from gameplay, its much more stale.

I will give you that. But at least this game is playable. How ever I still feel this game is more balnaced. If they fixed Jason's grab. All will be solved. A good Jason will get most kills if not all. As a Jason player I want it to be a challenge. Not to easy. When I play as the killer in DBD I feel challenge. Why because I can't just fine you easy. Also when I fine you I can't kill you instantly. That's how I want it when I play jason. Mybe not like those thans I said. But I want it to feel rewarding when I kill some one. Friday the 13th has the potential to be a great game. But it needs a great fixing. Most perks are useless on there. Some of the stats are useless. Composure being the main stat. I feel like strength is useless since it's only useful to take Jason's mask off. Let's be real who really trys to kill Jason some might bit most won't. So mybe take off that stat and change it to some than else. That's just my opinion. I just want this game better and to make sense. I love the game don't get me wrong but if people think this game is perfect as is. Well this game will die soon. (Like FOR HONOR) how ever as I said Jason does need fixing so do the counselors. And the long ass table in one of the houses. You can just kite Jason there forever. Why the hell can't Jason knock the table over don't make sense. He did that in the movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, John Wick said:

Jason is supposed to win. Deal with it. Nuff said. Close 

and that's your excuse so you don't want this games fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Wick said:

Jason is supposed to win. Deal with it. Nuff said. Close thread. 

High five and Cheers ! :) (out of likes, sorry ... ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think some aren't up to the challenge and are sore losers. I just today played a game there was only 4 of us quick play. Jason was on me at the beginning of the game. Wasted a lot of time trying to kill me as I dodged in and out of cabins and basically chased me around the entire map. Meanwhile during this period someone repairs the car so obviously he breaks off and kills that counselor this gives me a second to call Tommy Jarvis so I get that done. 

I make my way back to the car and he's still there so I take off he follows me and I get cornered. Shoot him with the shotgun and bail out of there. Get in a cabin find a flare gun and fire crackers. At some point during this silence he killed the other counselor and he's on me again. I set a bear trap and he busts through getting stuck so I walk past him and run back to the car. He catches thep and grabs me but I had a pocket knife. Get to the car and damn he catches me but Tommy Jarvis comes and slices him I jump back in, start the car and what I thought would clear him didn't and the car hits him stopping it. Long story short this gets Tommy Jarvis killed. (Sorry Tommy) so I run picking up stuff for g through cabins. I can tell this Jason is getting mad since he's been unable to get me all game. Time eventually runs out I survive and like clockwork the Jason quits who happened to be the host. XP lost for that long 20 minutes which would have been a good amount. 

The morale of this story is that some players do not want a challenge, and when they have to work at it they become irritated and if they can try to negate your victory because they are frustrated. This match again was a 1v3 quick play match and none of these guys had mics nor did I know them It's a gamble sure. But like most games online your experience will be tailored by the levels of skill in that game. Not everyone is going to be awesome and not everyone is going to be horrible. With RNG at the help sometimes your success will be luck but that does not condem you to death, you just need to be creative and adapt. Lord knows I've died several times. It happens, if the game is that stale I suggest taking a break. All games lose their new sheen after some time depending upon how long you are playing it. A break may be all you need. Just my two cents. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...