good day community, i thought i would share an opinion, and this is by no means bashing the game, for i loved the game and supported its development when it was first announced

while the game provides something fresh to the world of gaming, i cannot help but feel that the state of the game has been a let down. NO, im not talking about bugs, majority of bugs can be fixed with time itself 

so whats been bothering me lately?.... the balancing itself, now before people run off and say "muh jasons is suppozed to be OP",  i would like to say YES  he is op, and giving counselors a bit of a chance to escape will not break the game by any means 

1.) first and foremost is the god damn traps, does any one ever fall for the traps?..... no because we know where every jason player ( that has half a brain) will put it, teleport to the phone box put 2 traps, and skidaddle off, and all jason has to do watch the map periodically to make sure no one has tampered with the trap

EVEN worse the only way to stop it is sacrifice a knife, seriously!!!, A KNIFE

it doesnt matter whether or not you found every part in the game, but if a jason decides to stack more than one trap at the objectives, you might as well quit the game

2.) the damn grab, invulnerable animations, a reach that outranges a counselors attack, its been discussed multiple times, i dont think we need to discuss it more

3.) STALK,, now stalk isnt by any means OP, but in the end why it comes so late in the game is quite questionable, letting players have it early on in the game could potentially help out in changing the core gameplay

- as it stands now, all you do is chase a counselor till she/he runs out of stamina, why cant we use stalk and try to ambush a counselor by being stealthy about it?

4.) BIGGEST ISSUE counselor deaths, my other biggest issue with the game, is that it progressively gets harder as each counselor dies, and when they have a part for the objective, youre shit out of luck, because once he/she dies, you unless you find their body ( which could be anywhere on the map )

- pls let their deaths be marked on the map, or at least give us a general idea of where the counselor may have died so we can search their body for the parts 

5.) HIDING, its a joke

TLDR, the game was fun, but the more i play it, the more i just get bored, too hard to escape as a counselor, and too easy to play as jason... there had not been one game recently that i had not killed all the counselors as jason, i reall really LOVE the game... but come on, with the way it is, i could love it more

what does the developers have in store for the balancing in future?, are these issues being looked at?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, westwarren said:

good day community, i thought i would share an opinion, and this is by no means bashing the game, for i loved the game and supported its development when it was first announced

while the game provides something fresh to the world of gaming, i cannot help but feel that the state of the game has been a let down. NO, im not talking about bugs, majority of bugs can be fixed with time itself 

so whats been bothering me lately?.... the balancing itself, now before people run off and say "muh jasons is suppozed to be OP",  i would like to say YES  he is op, and giving counselors a bit of a chance to escape will not break the game by any means 

1.) first and foremost is the god damn traps, does any one ever fall for the traps?..... no because we know where every jason player ( that has half a brain) will put it, teleport to the phone box put 2 traps, and skidaddle off, and all jason has to do watch the map periodically to make sure no one has tampered with the trap

EVEN worse the only way to stop it is sacrifice a knife, seriously!!!, A KNIFE

it doesnt matter whether or not you found every part in the game, but if a jason decides to stack more than one trap at the objectives, you might as well quit the game

2.) the damn grab, invulnerable animations, a reach that outranges a counselors attack, its been discussed multiple times, i dont think we need to discuss it more

3.) STALK,, now stalk isnt by any means OP, but in the end why it comes so late in the game is quite questionable, letting players have it early on in the game could potentially help out in changing the core gameplay

- as it stands now, all you do is chase a counselor till she/he runs out of stamina, why cant we use stalk and try to ambush a counselor by being stealthy about it?

4.) BIGGEST ISSUE counselor deaths, my other biggest issue with the game, is that it progressively gets harder as each counselor dies, and when they have a part for the objective, youre shit out of luck, because once he/she dies, you unless you find their body ( which could be anywhere on the map ) youre shit out of luck

- pls let their deaths be marked on the map, or at least give us a general idea of where the counselor may have died so we can search their body for the parts 

5.) HIDING, its a joke

TLDR, the game was fun, but the more i play it, the more i just get bored, too hard to escape as a counselor, and too easy to play as jason... there had not been one game recently that i had not killed all the counselors as jason, i reall really LOVE the game... but come on, with the way it is, i could love it more

what does the developers have in store for the balancing in future?, are these issues being looked at?

You need to play better counselers. I played a good group. Double trapped the phone and car. They made an escape using the car as a group. I stopped maybe 4 times and they get out and stunned me and went on. It's hard dealing with them and the epic perks 

2 minutes ago, 7theye said:

You need to play better counselers. I played a good group. Double trapped the phone and car. They made an escape using the car as a group. I stopped maybe 4 times and they get out and stunned me and went on. It's hard dealing with them and the epic perks 

havent seen a good group yet, i kill em all, all the time, its no challenge

sounds like a rare thing to run into

Just now, westwarren said:

havent seen a good group yet, i kill em all, all the time, its no challenge 

Quick play? Those I agree are too easy. You need to find a good private group that talks. Sort of like how Byrce and his crew play if you watch their videos 

If its becoming stale for you based on this list you gave, Id say the problem is not going in with enough friends or people not using game chat.

When my group goes in we usually coordinate everything down to even making sure we start a car at the same time as the cops are being called to Jason has a tough choice to make. We've all played enough as well to realize where landmarks are so if we die, we can call out where things are.

Communication is key, and something I would suggest every to do as well as dropping key items like battery and so on next to the car if your character isnt smart enough to do them. Even dropping the keys or fuse next to the objective is super important because itll free up an inventory slot. No point in running around hlding the keys when theres no gas or battery.

I always host private games with a group of people I've met over the last month. We play daily and I can guarantee you it's a challenge as a counsellor AND Jason sometimes. So unpredictable with use of proper teamwork !

I can see why people get bored but honestly that is my only advice ; find a good, funny and energetic group of people to play with and you'll find the fun brought back to the game in no time :). I wish you luck!

• Like 2

Easy playing Jason?! I disagree there! 

How about not using the traps and not relying on your map, see how long it takes you to catch one! Especially when they start jumping in and out of windows and running around cars!

I think its easier playing as a councillor. 

• Like 7

Just now, horrorfangirl said:

How about not using the traps and not relying on your map, see how long it takes you to catch one! Especially when they start jumping in and out of windows and running around cars!

Not to mention if they have stam perks and youre a jason that doesnt have a run >.<

Or they have Thick Skinned and the Medic perk with 3 sprays...

3 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

I always host private games with a group of people I've met over the last month. We play daily and I can guarantee you it's a challenge as a counsellor AND Jason sometimes. So unpredictable with use of proper teamwork !

I can see why people get bored but honestly that is my only advice ; find a good, funny and energetic group of people to play with and you'll find the fun brought back to the game in no time :). I wish you luck!

Which system? Need a group like this!

Just now, horrorfangirl said:

....or when they start cheating and hiding on roofs and under bridges!

I believe most of that got patched out with the last update. Im sure the bear trap glitch onto roofs as well as the Packanack ledges are fixed. :) b

4 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

I completely agree.  My heart pounds more playing as Jason.  If you have a good group you're up against it makes things so much harder.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

errrr... i beg to differ

just played 4 games, no one survived each time as i played jason, and why on earth would you not use the traps or the map?

if there is no balancing planned, or any changes for the future and this is it, i guess ill just wait and see what last year has to offer, or even give dead by daylight a try

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, westwarren said:

just played 4 games, no one survived each time as i played jason, and why on earth would you not use the traps or the map?

Erm, to make it harder for myself? You just said that your finding it a bit stale....well if you challenge yourself a little more you might find it more challenging and less stale.  

I highly doute Jason would lay a trap for one person and sit and wait over a cupper for it to go off any how :P

• Like 1

Was in a game yesterday where 4 to 5 counselors were constantly gang fucking the car, stunning me and doing everything they could to escape in the car. Killed them all with regular melee since they wanted to fight.

Proceeded to get mad about how I was melee spamming, yet they're all ganging up on me. Why would I grab someone and let them get a save? They still could have won if they blocked my attacks and hit me back.

Against a gang of brave Counselors, Jason is gonna have a very hard time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, horrorfangirl said:

Erm, to make it harder for myself? You just said that your finding it a bit stale....well if you challenge yourself a little more you might find it more challenging and less stale.  

I highly doute Jason would lay a trap for one person and sit and wait over a cupper for it to go off any how :P

yeah it is stale, all the counselors ive ever faced as a jason never make it out, if you dont use any of the abilities you wont have a chance, but if you do they wont ever win 

....you place a trap on the phone and go hunt, if the trap has been tampered with, teleport back... its not hard at all

1 minute ago, weirdkid5 said:

Was in a game yesterday where 4 to 5 counselors were constantly gang fucking the car, stunning me and doing everything they could to escape in the car. Killed them all with regular melee since they wanted to fight.

Proceeded to get mad about how I was melee spamming, yet they're all ganging up on me. Why would I grab someone and let them get a save? They still could have won if they blocked my attacks and hit me back.

Against a gang of brave Counselors, Jason is gonna have a very hard time.

been in those situations multiple times, ive never really seen a group of counselors successfully fight a jason, it usually ends pretty bad

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gdain said:

I completely agree.  My heart pounds more playing as Jason.  If you have a good group you're up against it makes things so much harder.  

Same with me... my heart pounds way harder playing as Jason. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maelbolgia said:

Same with me... my heart pounds way harder playing as Jason. 

i tend to wonder why, given than you can't die unless the counselors have a tommy and a female with mommy's sweater

39 minutes ago, westwarren said:

errrr... i beg to differ

if there is no balancing planned, or any changes for the future and this is it, i guess ill just wait and see what last year has to offer, or even give dead by daylight a try

Sounds like you just need a step up in competition. What's your gamertag? I will invite you to a room with good counselors. 

7 minutes ago, westwarren said:

i tend to wonder why, given than you can't die unless the counselors have a tommy and a female with mommy's sweater

Pressure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

Sounds like you just need a step up in competition. What's your gamertag? I will invite you to a room with good counselors. 

i play on PC

1 minute ago, Maelbolgia said:

Pressure.

there is no pressure, you don't really die unless they have the necesarry requirments 

3 minutes ago, derrickkolba said:

i personally found it stale since beta.

well... back when it was beta, you had better chance of surviving as a counselor more than they did now 

there weren't traps, and you didnt need a phone fuse to fix the phone box

• Like 1