I am wondering what new maps could be added to the game. Of course there is the setting from Part 4 at the Jarvis house and surrounding area, but other than that I can't really think of anything else that they could add.

Didn't Part 6 just take place at Camp Crystal Lake? Or maybe an area from Part 7 could be used?

I know there are fans of Jason X out there that want a space ship, but I can't really see the devs including that in the game as they would have to make entirely new, well, everything for it. Same goes for Part 8 in Manhattan.

And that whole Freddy vs Jason business wouldn't do those fans any good map wise as the whole point is to have Freddy fighting Jason. Without that there is no point to a map from that story. 

Please chime in and let me know what other possible maps there could be. Maybe the town at Crystal Lake? I just don't know.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I am wondering what new maps could be added to the game. Of course there is the setting from Part 4 at the Jarvis house and surrounding area, but other than that I can't really think of anything else that they could add.

Didn't Part 6 just take place at Camp Crystal Lake? Or maybe an area from Part 7 could be used?

I know there are fans of Jason X out there that want a space ship, but I can't really see the devs including that in the game as they would have to make entirely new, well, everything for it. Same goes for Part 8 in Manhattan.

And that whole Freddy vs Jason business wouldn't do those fans any good map wise as the whole point is to have Freddy fighting Jason. Without that there is no point to a map from that story. 

Please chime in and let me know what other possible maps there could be. Maybe the town at Crystal Lake? I just don't know.

I don't think they would do a space ship. I also don't think they could the cruise ship from part 8, although I think that would be cool. Most likely it will be another campground type level.

So Part 4 then. Yeah I really can't see anything being added after that, unless they release the 2009 remake Jason and add the map from that film. Creepy tunnels included! 

Just now, JohnnyKapow said:

So Part 4 then. Yeah I really can't see anything being added after that, unless they release the 2009 remake Jason and add the map from that film. Creepy tunnels included! 

I think it would be cool if they redid the Nintendo map with caves.

Just now, Manny1985 said:

I think it would be cool if they redid the Nintendo map with caves.

I'm not a fan of the Nintendo game at all, but they might be able to make that into something pretty cool.

If you look at the backer/kickstarter page they have already mentioned to possibility of adding the Jason X space map including the face freeze/smash kill if they hit a certain level of support. Hopefully they are going to do this. I think it would be cool.

2 minutes ago, Namrockjr said:

If you look at the backer/kickstarter page they have already mentioned to possibility of adding the Jason X space map including the face freeze/smash kill if they hit a certain level of support. Hopefully they are going to do this. I think it would be cool.

They won't be able too for the same reason they cannot add Jason X. New Line Cinema holds the rights to Jason X, Freddy vs Jason. 

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

They won't be able too for the same reason they cannot add Jason X. New Line Cinema holds the rights to Jason X, Freddy vs Jason. 

You would think New Line would go for it to help push for another movie.

25 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

I don't think they would do a space ship. I also don't think they could the cruise ship from part 8, although I think that would be cool. Most likely it will be another campground type level.

One of the old posts said they owned all the rights from 1-9.  So they would be able to do the Lazarus (Ship) at some point. It was talked about durring the development,  but wasn't able to be done because it would have pushed then release out further because  it would need all unique assets.

I'd love to see the Jarvis House from PartIV though, they could give Tommy some special dialogue, like "I never thought I'd come back here..." or "Mom....Trish...I miss you both...I'm sorry I couldn't save you, mom." Maybe incorporate some special Tommy Perk because it's his own turf.

Part 7 would be cool but the double houses is similar to part 4 and they'd need to do something with the map to make it standout.  Maybe if Tina is every developed that would be her map where her powers would work.

Just now, Namrockjr said:

You would think New Line would go for it to help push for another movie.

The rights went back to paramount when they made the F13 remake. I don't think New Line has any incentive to give away rights to those movies. They could sell likeness though....

The crystal lake map takes inspiration from parts 1, 4, 6.

I would like to see the following at some point:

• Jarvis house (PIV)
  • Shepard house/Party house (PVII)
  • Halfway house (PV)
  • Lazarus (boat PVIII) there was actually concept art of this.
  • Alleys of Manhattan w/ sewers (PVIII)
  • Voorhees mansion (IX)
  • Grendel spaceship (X)
  • Abandoned camp (Stretch goal)
  • More basic cabin layouts like crystal lake map

Honestly, right now I think they should just do some generic maps that are different enough from the rest that they feel new. Wouldn't need as much work and it would keep things a little more fresh.

My only concern is that they stated all maps would be free. Lazarus/Manhatten and Grendel maps would need a lot of work with basically new everything. It's no small feat to do this. Especially free. But i would love both of those in game.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

This is incorrect.

The devs have the rights to Jason X. The F13 game support twitter fucked up (no surprise there) and Ben corrected it.

I'd be totally cool with a Crystal Lake map with it snowing and snow everywhere on the ground/trees, etc.

Just now, CCRolly said:

I'd be totally cool with a Crystal Lake map with it snowing and snow everywhere on the ground/trees, etc.

Tiffany better get a jacket and pants dlc then. Hypothermia will get her before Jason lmao.

Part 4's setting was rather drab in comparison to the first three movies. It was just two regular houses facing each other. Ditto with part 7.

7 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

Part 4's setting was rather drab in comparison to the first three movies. It was just two regular houses facing each other. Ditto with part 7.

Agreed. But at this point i'll take any new map.

Or at least make the cabin locations random.

They can EASILY do a Lazarus Map. Just replace the cabin window dynamic with boat cabin portholes to climb through. Lifeboat escape to the docks. Fix the radio, call the coastguard. Map floor cycle through for "Morph" ability. Could easily come together with some thought and application. 

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

They can EASILY do a Lazarus Map. Just replace the cabin window dynamic with boat cabin portholes to climb through. Lifeboat escape to the docks. Fix the radio, call the coastguard. Map floor cycle through for "Morph" ability. Could easily come together with some thought and application. 

It can be done with a lot of work and elbow grease. The biggest hurtle they'll have to climb is the map itself. Seeing how the other maps reuse ALOT of assets, they would need to do a lot of things from scratch on the Lazarus. 

At some point, I'm guessing they're going to have at least one internally designed campsite map not pulled from the movies, just like they have a Jason design made specifically for the game. The potential for a Jason X or Jason Takes Manhattan city map are there as well. 

30 minutes ago, CCRolly said:

But why would a bunch of kids be at a summer camp in winter? If they're gonna do weather, I'd rather they do hard rain that hinders counselor visibility but also lowers the distance of Jason's hearing and Sense abilities as well.  There were plenty of rain scenes in the movie after all... 

I think the Pinehurst Medical Center with Ethel and Junior's House, a Lazarus Map, and a map based on Part 4 and 6 would be fine.

I think weather conditions would work well with adding tension. The Crystal Lake Map, as a reference to the first movie, should definitely have thunderstorms as a possible mutation.

For a really out there map, have a carnival themed map after the novel Friday The 13th: Carnival of Maniacs but that might be my love of amusement parks talking. Circus Tents in place of cabins.