I tend to leave the windows open for easy in and out of the house. Does that also prevent Jason from smashing the windows? Or can he still smash an open window?

He can still smash the windows, but I still open them as well in case I need to make a leap.

• Like 1

It depends on which melee weapon Jason uses and if he is able to get in the correct position towards the window in order to smash it. With some Jasons I am actually having a hard time smashing the small open windows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rok73 said:

It depends on which melee weapon Jason uses and if he is able to get in the correct position towards the window in order to smash it. With some Jasons I am actually having a hard time smashing the small open windows.

same, sometimes Its like i have to stan 3-4 steps left of the window to hit it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Yes I've noticed this with jason part 8 & 9. They have difficulty smashing open windows. A quick fix in the mean time is to go into attack stance & swing away. Should destroy the window in the first hit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tattooey said:

Yes I've noticed this with jason part 8 & 9. They have difficulty smashing open windows. A quick fix in the mean time is to go into attack stance & swing away. Should destroy the window in the first hit.

This. 

2 hours ago, thoolihan said:

I tend to leave the windows open for easy in and out of the house. Does that also prevent Jason from smashing the windows? Or can he still smash an open window?

Leaving windows open increases fear. I understand having them open for a quick escape but you should only do it when you need to. Not sure how much or how little it affects fear but it does.

A counselor in a completely secure well lit house will have less fear.

When I'm a counsellor I like to close the windows if I enter through one. A lot of the time the player as Jason will be looking for open windows and locked doors to see if anyone is in a building. 

Closed windows and unlocked doors make it look as though nobody has been through there yet.

It's risky, but it works fairly well!

• Like 1

Agree I always do the same at the start of the game if I'm in a small areas with cabins and the car. If he morphs there straight away he's gonna know someone's in there.

I morphed to the car yesterday at the start of a match and some dude jumps out of a window at the cabin closest to the car...right in front of me. So I hit the grab button and he starts screaming over the mic that it's unfair and it was a spawn kill and that I'm somehow camping spawn locations.

Had he acted in a more composed manner I wouldn't have pressed my thumbs into his eyes the way I did. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I morphed to the car yesterday at the start of a match and some dude jumps out of a window at the cabin closest to the car...right in front of me. So I hit the grab button and he starts screaming over the mic that it's unfair and it was a spawn kill and that I'm somehow camping spawn locations.

Had he acted in a more composed manner I wouldn't have pressed my thumbs into his eyes the way I did. 

That reminds me of my Tommy kill, my favorite Kill that I have had, I was chasing a girl around a car for a while (like 3 minutes) before I killed her, so once I did, i decided to Morph to the main Cabin, right as i get ther, i take  steps, and a tommy jarvis dives out of a window in front of me, i proceed to pick him up from the ground, knock off his head, then thank him for making it easy.

5 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

When I'm a counsellor I like to close the windows if I enter through one. A lot of the time the player as Jason will be looking for open windows and locked doors to see if anyone is in a building. 

Closed windows and unlocked doors make it look as though nobody has been through there yet.

It's risky, but it works fairly well!

Same here.

I always close the window I enter through so it doesn't look like there's anyone there.

I always lock the door because if you don't Jason can open it.

As Jason I'll sometimes knock doors down early on or damage them because it makes getting in a lot easier and I know as a counselor I always think twice about rushing into a cabin with a smashed door.

As Jason I'll also smash any window I see.