Brigadius

Griefing - Negative XP won't stop TK's

It's seemed pretty obvious that the -1000 XP was going to have no affect on trolls. Well here is some proof. I wouldn't normally call out a tk because i would have to be able to make sure it wasn't an accident first, but this person so obviously is a tk'er that i decided to post this video. The -1000 XP not hurts honest players.

Team killer PS4: trevorjclarke

I would like to see an avoid player list(specifics below) as a way to root out disruptive players.

@GunMedia_Ben

Damn that was one of those one in a million chances and he certainly took it. I agree that team killers need something else to deter them. They should be matched with other team killers and we need that avoid player feature.

3 minutes ago, RandallFlagg said:

Lmfao that was one hell of a shot. I can't even be mad at that one. 

If it didn't take forever to find a game I probably wouldn't have been as mad. 

Again, it's an unreal engine....

Can't be that hard to employ "reflective friendly fire", or "shared friendly fire".

1 minute ago, Brigadius said:

If it didn't take forever to find a game I probably wouldn't have been as mad. 

Well I'm sorry for the loss of time on you there. 

• Like 1

Maybe a point system like they have in other games where you would eventually be put only in lobbies with other griefers. And hopefully this kind of behavior would lead to a perma ban from the game for their IP address.

Or take the shotgun out of the game and only allow Tommy to spawn with it.

2 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

Maybe a point system like they have in other games where you would eventually be put only in lobbies with other griefers. And hopefully this kind of behavior would lead to a perma ban from the game for their IP address.

Been killed by Tommy plenty of times. And I don't think it warrants a ban but something needs to be done.  The thing about a point system is that there are legit accidents that would rack up points over time. 

With an avoid list eventually they will only be able to play with people like themselves. 

31 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

Are you crazy? Never!

Actually, Dead by Daylight has a good system where you can recommend or report a player with a button next to their name post-game.

I honestly feel the devs should just assess an XP penalty and then do nothing further. (as they have so far)

Dictating HOW people play should never be the goal of a dev team.  The goal is to create a game with rules and allow players to play within the rules; fixing bugs/glitches while expanding and refining content over time to improve the gameplay.

49 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Been killed by Tommy plenty of times. And I don't think it warrants a ban but something needs to be done.  The thing about a point system is that there are legit accidents that would rack up points over time. 

With an avoid list eventually they will only be able to play with people like themselves. 

In my mind, it'd be kind of like the point system for having a driver's license and getting tickets for speeding, accidents and stuff. Points decay after a long period of time, and there is enough room to allow for a couple accidents, but repeat offenders are clearly irresponsible and eventually have their licenses suspended and revoked. We don't just need a system that allows us to avoid other players, we need one that removes them from the game altogether. A system where they eventually shoot themselves in foot and have to live with the consequences. A fair system allowing accidents, allowing us to avoid them when possible, but also allowing us the peace of mind that the worst won't ever be allowed "on the road" again.

And true, some Tommy's can be real dbags. Had one kill my brother for the keys and escape in the 4seater alone. But still, it could take some time for Tommy to spawn, and there is always the chance that hopefully the player coming back as Tommy is a decent human being and will actually assist the remaining counselors. This way, counselor's at least have a chance to run away and defend themselves if the beginning of the game is limited to melee until Tommy spawns with the shotty. Letting counselor's beeline for the non-Tommy shotty is just begging for trolling. Without it, there is a window before Tommy spawns to complete objectives if you can survive the melee swings of pansies.

I would suggest a soft ban after multiple repeated team kills/damage

What many players do now or days is start hacking at other counselors with a melee weapon until they are limping, then leave them and focus the next person, making them easy pickings for Jason, so they do not get penalized for a team kill, but can still aid Jason in securing the kill

If you, for example continuously attack a fellow counselor x amount of times, or kill 3 fellow counselors within a, lets say 1 hour window, then a soft ban occurs that prevents you from queuing up for Quick Match for a set time period, possibly starting at a 1 hour ban, multiplying by x2 everytime the offense occurs

Obviously situations do happen, and I have seen this happen where two people will be working together to finish the boat, friend 1 finds gas, friend 2 finds propeller, they rock up to the boat, and random lad is standing around the boat, wanting to hitch a ride, and friend 1 and friend 2 proceed to hack him to pieces for wanting to take their spot, and sail off into the sunset, but reasonably, this would not happen THAT often to warrant 2-3 counselor kills within a 1 hour time frame

lmao that aim was on point. But back on Topic I got to say WHY THE HELL IS FRIENDLY FIRE IS NOT ON OR WHY THE HELL CAN WE KILL EACH OTHER IN THE FIRST PLACE? :angry:

• Like 1

Here's the issue..

Negative XP does not deter anyone once they've unlocked everything they want. Start rolling back levels and people's unlocks and i bet it would stop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Sandman said:

Here's the issue..

Negative XP does not deter anyone once they've unlocked everything they want. Start rolling back levels and people's unlocks and i bet it would stop.

I am out of likes for the day...I was thinking the same exact thing a moment ago.

I wish they added more incentives to need XP.  Like at level 20 you will no longer roll White-level perks.  At level 40 you no longer roll Blue perks, etc.  I think if you are like level 100 you deserve Epic perks.

Also maybe counselor clothes we can buy with CP or some other reason to want to gain levels.

Also assuming most griefers will eventually get bored of this or blacklisted by a lot of the community once they become known enough and have no one to play with.

• Like 1

TK's ruin a game, and can stain an evening of fun. Most of these people don't care about losing EXP.  If they are really creative, they will trigger traps other people are making to try to get them to lose the 1,000 exp

I like the element of hurting another player on accident, but until we can report these trolls, Team dmg should be lowered or removed. It is bad enough they can still work with jason.

Private game works to get away from these people, but i don't often have 8 friends online playing at the same time.

When I've encountered team killers I become a team killer as well because I will immediately focus on removing them from the match as my only objective. 

I was in a match last night with a few guys on the forum and we ran into two trolls (worst trolls ever as well) who were griefing, exploiting glitches, and removing objective items just to be turds. They died more often than not and never succeeded in killing us but they were definitely trying. They actually stuck around for 4 or so matches and we gave them the benefit of the doubt at the start of each match. As soon as they attempted a kill on another counselor, they were targets again. 

I would gladly take -1000 xp to kill a team killer.

5 hours ago, Brigadius said:

It's seemed pretty obvious that the -1000 XP was going to have no affect on trolls. Well here is some proof. I wouldn't normally call out a tk because i would have to be able to make sure it wasn't an accident first, but this person so obviously is a tk'er that i decided to post this video. The -1000 XP not hurts honest players.

Team killer PS4: trevorjclarke

I would like to see an avoid player list(specifics below) as a way to root out disruptive players.

@GunMedia_Ben

I'm launching a website on July 1 that will serve as a hub for a bad player list.

• Like 3

Just play private.

For God's sake.

Why won't you guys learn?

If you play quick play, it's your own fault.

I think they take out friendly fire for melee attacks and head shots with the shotgun, I know it would knock the realism down on the shotgun... but most dumbasses that get the shotgun are aiming for the head on supposedly saving a teammate instead of aiming for Jason's legs and making a save... or they just intentionally go find a counselor to shoot them in the head or chest.

4 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

Just play private.

For God's sake.

I only play private (XB1 problems)...it still happens

1 minute ago, Retro Edge said:

Just play private.

For God's sake.

You nailed it. That's exactly why I buy multi-player games. So I can play with a limited number of people in my friends list. Nah,  it's probably because playing with other people is what provides a challenge. Disruptive players should not dictate the way a game is to be played. 

• Like 2

Instead of losing xp I think it would be more impactful to lose cp. Unfortunately accidents happen and the game can't tell the difference. If it could though...

Accidental team kill -500 xp

Intentional team kill -1000cp (which would roll over to negatives)

Another problem with the negative XP and other ideas is you have to be killed by the councilor.

Many games I will be attacked to the brink of death by a councilor before Jason comes and kills me. This actually happens a lot, and no -xp for them. This is why we either need friendly fire off or a vote to kick system.