Sign in to follow this  
Uber Jason X

NES JASON!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Unclebunt said:

People will be asking for the Family Guy Jason Voorhees next.

IMG_0077.PNG

I wouldn't be against this, especially if he comes with the machete ;)

1 hour ago, somakurusu said:

I am a avid Nes collector.

Nice to know I'm not alone. I'm really looking forward to that 80's color palette on Jason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Oh?  What exactly is weaker about Savini Jason than the other Jasons?  Because from what I can see, water speed penalty ONLY matters if there's a boat, if there's 2 cars, it's literally a nothing weakness.  Can't run is standard for undead Jasons so again it's basically nothing as a weakness and Grip strength only matters if you go for environmental kills which most people don't they use instant grab executes.

So on a map with 2 cars he has ZERO relevant weaknesses, and Shift bonus and destruction bonus are INCREDIBLE, having them together?  VERY powerful.  It's the best bonus for chasing counselors and with destruction you can plow through their cabin without giving them time to rest and recharge stamina or scavenge for weapons.  When I'm on part 8 Jason I can plow through the cabins... but I can't shift as often, he's not quite as good at chasing as part 6 or part 9.  When I'm on part 6 or part 9, It takes a long time to destroy the fortified doors until you get rage mode, which gives them time to set bear traps, get weapons, and maybe rustle through some drawers.

But go ahead, name a better Jason than Savini, I'll wait.

Savini Jason is absolutely the best Jason. He has other strings but that one is the most damning to counselors. I've played against him three or four times now and I am dead within literal seconds. Nobody cares about his slow movement or inability to swim fast. It's the fact that he can break down doors in a moments notice when getting into the cabins and barricading the doors are such an important part of surviving in the game. Add to that his shift strength and weapon strength and you get the most damning Jason to counselors. I've played against him three or four times now and I am dead within literal seconds.

30 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Nice to know I'm not alone. I'm really looking forward to that 80's color palette on Jason.

Same here! This is an 80s child's dream come true. I don't care if it is a reskin or has the same weapon - it's NES Jason!  How many of us raised on the series couldn't get enough of the NES Jason game just because it was so amazing that it even existed. We were of the type that gathered any kind of Jason material that was out there, and that game does have some awesome points to it. I got the game for Christmas one year as a kid and nearly peed myself in excitement!

Thank you sooooo much for these amazing cool perks Gun and Illfonic!!  I've never had an issue with the game or the way it has released, bugs and all -  with adulthood comes patience, sometimes – and this is just the cherry on top of the sundae. You guys rule!!!

I'll always wish I could get my hands on Savini Jason but I'm over it.... bring on purple Jason!!!

Ps. Anyone who has issues with or complains about FREE stuff that Gun and Illfonic are giving us to make up for problems with the game has major issues. 'Nuff said.

10 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Midnight release or nah?

Omg I hope so! I'll be staying up late!!!

17 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Same here! This is an 80s child's dream come true. I don't care if it is a reskin or has the same weapon - it's NES Jason!  How many of us raised on the series couldn't get enough of the NES Jason game just because it was so amazing that it even existed. We were of the type that gathered any kind of Jason material that was out there, and that game does have some awesome points to it. I got the game for Christmas one year as a kid and nearly peed myself in excitement!

Thank you sooooo much for these amazing cool perks Gun and Illfonic!!  I've never had an issue with the game or the way it has released, bugs and all -  with adulthood comes patience, sometimes – and this is just the cherry on top of the sundae. You guys rule!!!

I'll always wish I could get my hands on Savini Jason but I'm over it.... bring on purple Jason!!!

Ps. Anyone who has issues with or complains about FREE stuff that Gun and Illfonic are giving us to make up for problems with the game has major issues. 'Nuff said.

I played the NES Friday the 13th this afternoon. So many memories coming back. :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Right on dude, I'm so used to seeing entitled companies fuck up and ignoring it, so seeing Gun and Illfonics doing something nice for the community is wonderful, gives me more faith in them as a company. Weird to see that people are complaining about it already.

Also hell yeah to purple Jason, I dig that game.

11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I played the NES Friday the 13th this afternoon. So many memories coming back. :)

Haha I played it recently too! I have a computer full of Roms, plus I have a hacked version on console called Freddy vs Jason where you get to fight Jason as Freddy and instead of killing zombies you kill counselors! 

1 minute ago, Zombie79 said:

Haha I played it recently too! I have a computer full of Roms, plus I have a hacked version on console called Freddy vs Jason where you get to fight Jason as Freddy and instead of killing zombies you kill counselors!

Could you PM me a link for that? I'd like to check it out myself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Could you PM me a link for that? I'd like to check it out myself.

Done and done!

57 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Savini Jason is absolutely the best Jason. He has other strings but that one is the most damning to counselors. I've played against him three or four times now and I am dead within literal seconds. Nobody cares about his slow movement or inability to swim fast. It's the fact that he can break down doors in a moments notice when getting into the cabins and barricading the doors are such an important part of surviving in the game. Add to that his shift strength and weapon strength and you get the most damning Jason to counselors. I've played against him three or four times now and I am dead within literal seconds.

you're a terrible counselor then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2fast4u said:

you're a terrible counselor then

Yes, I'm a terrible counselor. Even though I have no problem surviving (at least for a while) with all the other Jasons. I'm so glad you diagnosed my problem! Do you charge a fee? Will my insurance cover it? ?

Awesome news! Can't wait to see how the clothing and the NES Jason looks in game.

1 hour ago, Zombie79 said:

"Dead within seconds" Are you nominating yourself for worst player at this game ever?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zombie79 said:

Savini Jason is absolutely the best Jason. He has other strings but that one is the most damning to counselors. I've played against him three or four times now and I am dead within literal seconds.

Yea... as others have stated you might need some more practice. I mean is he powerful? yea but if you have pocket knives and/or health spray and also have a weapon with you I can't see how he can kill you that quickly. If you pair those things with fear management and going from cabin to cabin as cover you should last longer than that. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Yes, I'm a terrible counselor. Even though I have no problem surviving (at least for a while) with all the other Jasons. I'm so glad you diagnosed my problem! Do you charge a fee? Will my insurance cover it? ?

Yeah, you are. I have Savini Jason, and I VERY rarely use him, because he's a terrible Jason. I can clean house with most of the Jasons, but when it comes to Savini, the only times I've been able to wipe everyone out was when the game first came out and everyone was still getting used to the controls.

He has a weak grip, he can't run, and you can see him coming at you from a quarter mile away.

23 minutes ago, DwightFrye said:

Yeah, you are. I have Savini Jason, and I VERY rarely use him, because he's a terrible Jason. I can clean house with most of the Jasons, but when it comes to Savini, the only times I've been able to wipe everyone out was when the game first came out and everyone was still getting used to the controls.

He has a weak grip, he can't run, and you can see him coming at you from a quarter mile away.

Weak grip doesn't matter unless you want to show off environmentals.  All zombie Jasons can't run but it's not a big deal, that's what throwing knives and shift are for.  A running Jason can't catch most counselors jogging when they're out of stamina either, not unless they randomly stumble which lets you gain a step on them.  Both Zombie Jasons and running Jasons can catch Lechappas and Jenny I think if they're out of stam, but I know a zombie Jason can't quite catch AJ and Deb (the next two slowest) but the speed increase from can run doesn't seem to be enough to catch Adams Kennys Buggzys Chads, or Tommy or Vanessa, not by just running them down.  with throwing knives or a shift melee sure, but with those even a zombie Jason can catch them when they're limping.

3 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Weak grip doesn't matter unless you want to show off environmentals.  All zombie Jasons can't run but it's not a big deal, that's what throwing knives and shift are for.  A running Jason can't catch most counselors jogging when they're out of stamina either, not unless they randomly stumble which lets you gain a step on them.  Both Zombie Jasons and running Jasons can catch Lechappas and Jenny I think if they're out of stam, but I know a zombie Jason can't quite catch AJ and Deb (the next two slowest) but the speed increase from can run doesn't seem to be enough to catch Adams Kennys Buggzys Chads, or Tommy or Vanessa, not by just running them down.  with throwing knives or a shift melee sure, but with those even a zombie Jason can catch them when they're limping.

He still isn't overpowered like your saying, people can stun him and still get away. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

That's a lot of qualifiers you added to try and prove a point.  A weak grip affects any of the button assigned kills, not just the environmental kills.

Overall, in general, Savini Jason is not a great character, let alone an "OVERPOWERED PAY TO WIN" character. He looks pretty cool. That's about all.

• Like 1