On 6/11/2017 at 3:16 PM, lazerus_86 said:

This post should be locked in a thread, so its easy to find for new players :P

Thanks dude :) lots of us would really like it stickied but the mods/admins won't do it :(

Edited: Sorted! It got pinned :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Thanks dude :) lots of us would really like it stickied but the mods/admins won't do it :(

Why not? This helped me way more than the game tuturiol. I still use it often. It should be stickied.

1 hour ago, ree713 said:

Why not? This helped me way more than the game tuturiol. I still use it often. It should be stickied.

Not sure :) Perhaps maybe @GunMedia_Ben or @wes could take a look when they get a couple of minutes and let us know what they think. I put quite a bit of effort into the guide and would like one of the higher ups opinion :)

Oh it got stickied! Thanks fellas, very much appreciated! :)

@Glitchtastic you're actually right, I had to Google that to make sure for a second lol. Might be a UK/US thing :) I'll change it quick.

• Like 1

It's the same thing as, "bear with me here," or "I can't bear to be away from you," etc. That type of bear, not the animal. :)

Edit: Oxford Dictionary is British, isn't it? It also says "bear" is correct and "bare" is incorrect (like the American dictionaries do) so it's not a US/UK thing. ;)

@jpops Sorry, I am new to this forum so I will delete the thread. Just trying to help but if not appreciated i will delete it

11 hours ago, CrowVizion said:

@jpops Sorry, I am new to this forum so I will delete the thread. Just trying to help but if not appreciated i will delete it

Deleting a thread you didn't start would be quite a trick!

3 minutes ago, Glitchtastic said:

Deleting a thread you didn't start would be quite a trick!

Sorry you are mistaken...I tried to make a cool Counselors Survival Guide, like a book. But it was rejected. So my opinion isnt important anyways lol ill just keep playing the game instead of hearing biased OPs and Moderators on this forum

Crow, I get that you're a new member here but there's no need for any of that on my thread please. Your thread was deemed to be too similar to mine and consequently was locked. It's nothing to do with bias on the forum staff's part, it is essentially duplicate thread posting. That's all, it's not personal towards you. If you want to discuss or add anything then by all means, feel free to. I'm not closed minded and will add good information and credit the provider where due.

HOW TO PLAY screenshots

Folks,

Here is my contribution to this important topic:
I've collected all screenshots of the In-Game "How To Play" menu.
Most of us just browse through these pages while waiting for the game and we do not pay much attention. But in its content there are things that are important and which we sometimes do not remember and even do not know.
I hope it's somehow helpful.

The low resolution is due to the forum file quota limitation.

001-Jason-Overview.jpg

002-Abilities.jpg

003-Morph.jpg004-Sense.jpg

005-Shift.jpg

006-Stalk.jpg007-Rage.jpg

008-Grab.jpg

009-Context-Kills.jpg010-Traps-n-Knives.jpg011-Combat-Stance.jpg

012-Destruction.jpg

013-Hiding-Counselors.jpg

014-Counselor-Overview.jpg

015-Counselor-Map-n-Light.jpg

016-Fear-n-Avoidance.jpg017-Stamina-n-Inventory.jpg

018-Repairing.jpg

019-Cars-n-Boats.jpg

020-Police.jpg

021-CB-Radio-n-Jarvis.jpg

022-Weapons.jpg023-Combat-Stance.jpg

024-Item.jpg025-Bear-Trap.jpg

026-Radios.jpg

027-Doors-n-Barricading.jpg

028-Windows.jpg

029-Hiding-Spots.jpg030-Counselor-Perks.jpg

• Like 1

Given some of the talk about spawn killing and other icky situations counselors find themselves in, I was thinking it may be beneficial to lay out some very basic, nuts-and-bolts observations I've found about playing a counselor that could be helpful to beginners. This is by no means and exhaustive list and I'm certainly not the best player in the world. I do think, however, that there are some basic gameplay elements that are helpful to any player, regardless of which counselor you choose. 

1) Lock the doors. I know this seems like a no-brainer, but I'm surprised how often I see players rummaging around before they've even bothered to fortify (or even shut) the doors. So slow down, tiger. Those drawers can wait the 2-3 extra seconds it takes to shut and lock the doors. And for goodness sake, make sure you fortify both doors. Most cabins have two entrances. Find them and lock them before you do anything else.

2) If you can't fix it easily, don't even try. Yes, Tiffany, we know you're sneaky and fast. You can get the battery to the car quickly and quietly, but you have no business trying to install it with your rock-bottom repair rating. Drop it off at the car and let J.R., Deborah, or A.J. do it.

3) If you're not sneaky, stay away from those who are. I'm looking at you, Vanessa. You're fast and can run for days, but your feet are as loud as a jackhammer and will get slower, stealthier characters murder-death-killed if you lead Jason right to them. Your job is to distract Jason, not serve up A.J. on a silver platter while she's trying to find the phone fuse.

4) The Big House is a death trap. Scouring the lodge should be a last resort if you can't find the necessary items you need elsewhere on the map. In addition to having the flimsiest doors of any building in the camp, it's just too easy to get trapped upstairs, forcing you to consider the grim notion of leaping out of a second-story window to escape, which is essentially the same as dying if you don't have a health spray.

5) Stun weapons are preferable. Unless you're trying to kill Jason, the machete is not your friend. Stunning weapons such as the baseball bat, lead pipe, flare gun, shotgun, wrench, and pot are all better options. Every second Jason is stunned or knocked down is an opportunity to get a car running, fire up the boat, call the police, or simply run away.

6) Fixing the power is worth it. It may seem like repairing the power generators is a waste of precious time, but in the overall scheme of things, it's downright vital. Fear increases at a much higher rate when a counselor is running around in the dark. The higher the fear, the greater the likelihood Jason can track you down using sense. Anything you can do to keep your fear down is directly proportionate to your chances of survival. Not to mention that you can't call Tommy Jarvis if the power is out at the radio house. So if your character can repair, by all means fix that generator.

7) Don't ignore the barn and repair shops. Sometimes as a counselor it's easy to get tunnel vision and stick to cabins. Many times, however, you will find important items such as the gas or battery in the barn. In addition to these items, repair shops also have the chance of having the fusebox and the propeller. Both locations have a chance of spawning a shotgun or flare gun as well.

8) Communicate. Communicate. Communicate. If you aren't coordinated, chances are you aren't going to last very long. The easiest way to get on the same page as a team is by communicating over the walkie-talkie. Tell people where you are and what you're doing. Do you have the fuse? Have you found the gas or battery? Where's the fuse box? Is Jason near you? Which camp has the car(s)? These are all things you should be talking about over walkie. *Exception: Try not to talk about how close you are to getting the car/boat running or cops called when Jason is nearby or chasing you since he can hear you and potentially derail those plans.

9) Every map has a dedicated map stand with unlimited maps. Running around without the map can be a real pain since you can't see where cars, other players, and flare-gunned Jason are located, much less figure out where you're going if you aren't familiar with the area. All three maps have a stand where you can get a map if you're having trouble finding one in the cabins. Learn where these are located.

10) Low stealth and composure? Don't hide. The closet may seem like a tempting option when things become desperate, but your not-so-sneaky character who can't keep it together stands little to no chance of fooling Jason. He will still be able to sense that you are in the house (or tent) and as he walks by your counselor is going to blurt out something stupid, which will get himself/herself insta-killed. House-hop and keep stunning Jason as you find weapons if you find yourself in a tough spot, but don't hide if your character doesn't have the stats for it.

These are a good start. Experienced counselors, feel free to add to this list or comment as you feel necessary. 

• Like 6

@Shadesofjoe there is some really great tips in your post. Instead of locking it I have merged your thread with this sort of beginners guide. In the future make sure you do a search so we can keep info like this in one location so it's easier to view.

• Like 2

So I've been looking around and I can't seem to find this info online, but if someone knows how many traps each Jason spawns with I would appreciate the knowledge :).

23 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

So I've been looking around and I can't seem to find this info online, but if someone knows how many traps each Jason spawns with I would appreciate the knowledge :).

Part 2 gets 7. 

Parts 7 and 9 get 3.

The rest get 5 :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Part 2 gets 7. 

Parts 7 and 9 get 3.

The rest get 5 :)

Thank you muchly!

• Like 1

Found a good trick for playing against jason

if I'm a house with a Cabinet to hide in, doors are locked snd window is open

get on your mic and say "jason is here, I'll meet you at the house east of the car, I have the keys"

do this while he is breaking into the house, while inside of the cabinet 

gets em every time

Thanks so much for this!

So I can deactivate shift by hitting the same button that activated it?

How do I collect the Pamela tapes?

@Pappus I have merged your thread with this one :)

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

@Pappus I have merged your thread with this one :)

This thread is already convoluted and is about entry level stuff. High level techniques shouldn't be here.

Edit: Be so kind and unmerge it and ask the higher ups for a help section so the new guys can be helped out in a more orderly fashion.

@Pappus this thread is where all tips and tricks go. Other existing threads have been merged with this one. Also, please refrain from using the report function for anything other than rule breaking :)

On 22/06/2017 at 3:09 PM, Kodiak said:

@Pappus this thread is where all tips and tricks go. Other existing threads have been merged with this one. Also, please refrain from using the report function for anything other than rule breaking :)

Beginner information was merged. Not advanced stuff. If you want I can offer you to take care of the thread for advanced playerbase in a thread, because they will not frequent this here.

Edit: I dont care about it being on page 1 or not kodiac it is just that this here is for newbies and they are helped greatly, but people that know the basics are looking for something else and the forum has no place for that (hence the suggestion to actually add a help section)

12 minutes ago, Pappus said:

This thread is already convoluted and is about entry level stuff. High level techniques shouldn't be here.

Edit: Be so kind and unmerge it and ask the higher ups for a help section so the new guys can be helped out in a more orderly fashion.

Pappus, Per the forum rules it is asked that you search before creating a new topic. If you find a topic already created you should be adding into the conversation. The goal in doing so is to create a centralized place of information rather than piece together tidbits between multiple topics. The topic in question falls in line with tips and tricks so it is something that does belong. I do want to thank you however for the contribution it is always good to see a member of the community take that extra step with intenton to help others and for that I thank you. Just in the future use the search feature before posting a new thread to check.