Thank you SO much for this guide Kodiak. My fav Jason is sackhead from part 2 and now I actually know how to use him, and thanks to some other posters in this thread for some great strategies. 

• Like 1

Another Tip to manage fear.

I'm not absolutely sure about this one, but i think it is to 90% right.^^  (you can try it out too if you wanna confirm it)

In all the matches as counselor(mostly Chad the coward) my fear reduced very fast if i stay near a campfire and look into it.

It seems that fear does not grow either.

Do you think that every lightsource will help you to reduce fear?

EDIT:
Another thing about noise reduction.

I can say that this works 100%, crouch if you open doors and windows and climb though windows! This will reduce your noises extremly, the animation is the same but you will notice that your soundblips are much smaller on the minimap.

• Like 1

I get located so fast every match.  Not sure what im doing wrong but i will reread through this topic.  Just unlocked j8.  I think he is my favorite jason.  

How do I knock over the boat when I am under it as Jason? I tried last night and couldn't. Not sure if it was glitched or what

@Maddogg_8121 which characters do you play?

@agnes you just get underneath it in the water and press A to knock the counselors out :) Or E if on PC

Thanks for everyone for their contributions and kind words.

13 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I get located so fast every match.  Not sure what im doing wrong but i will reread through this topic.  Just unlocked j8.  I think he is my favorite jason.  

The problem is maby that you think, he cant sense you if you have no or low fear.

It seems like he can allways sense you anytime, but your fear increase the reach of his sense extremly.

3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

@agnes you just get underneath it in the water and press A to knock the counselors out :) Or E if on PC

Thanks for everyone for their contributions and kind words. Unfortunately it looks like the mods aren't going to sticky this and eventually it's just going to get lost among the rest of the threads :(

Press or hold? I pressed it numerous times and nothing

5 minutes ago, agnes said:

How do I knock over the boat when I am under it as Jason? I tried last night and couldn't. Not sure if it was glitched or what

Typically when you're underwater and close to the boat, if using Playstation controller an icon for using the X button will show on bottom screen. Once you hit X. You can flip the boat.

9 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Thanks for everyone for their contributions and kind words. Unfortunately it looks like the mods aren't going to sticky this and eventually it's just going to get lost among the rest of the threads :(

I was using aj almost exclusively but now i just randomize it and play that way.  I think it is a lot of fun that way.  This was mostly when playing as aj or good ole JR.  With vanessa i can just run away and distract.  I still seem to spawn in the most inopportune locations and jason shows up immediately.   

For the first minute or two, he hasn't got sense or shift. If he turns up right at the beginning of the match, it's likely he's looking for a populated area or there's an important objective like the phone nearby :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

For the first minute or two, he hasn't got sense or shift. If he turns up right at the beginning of the match, it's likely he's looking for a populated area or there's an important objective like the phone nearby :)

I generally spawn right by cars or the phone.  I tend to run away immediately but somehow he still catches up to me.  I think it could also be the group i play with knows im not very good.  Lol. 

So when am I suppose to use/not use the flashlight? If I'm hiding in a building with the power off....do I use it or not?

21 minutes ago, agnes said:

So when am I suppose to use/not use the flashlight? If I'm hiding in a building with the power off....do I use it or not?

So, the flashlight is going to help, but the amount of fear it reduces may be less than the amount of fear you're getting, so bare that in mind.

For instance, being in a dark cabin may produce more fear than the flashlight is going to alleviate. Same with say, being out in the middle of the woods alone.

What I do in these situations is get right up against a wall/rock/bla and turn the flashlight on. The counselor's body blocks the light on the object, but I'm still getting the fear reduction effect.

• Like 1

When playing as Jason, if a trap goes off that you set down, is there any way to tell which trap it was on the map?

There is yeah. When you put the trap down, it looks like a red square tilted 45 degrees. When someone steps in a trap, it goes a bit brighter red and a diamond shape appears in the middle :)

Great guide, but I would like add to the AJ section a bit. AJ can still get lucky stuns, but she should either be packing a wrench, baseball bat or flare gun. I have got an occasional stun from a well timed axe swing and a few from the machete, but those first 3 suggestions have been the most consistent. I'll swap a wrench for either the bat or the flare gun though, because those are guaranteed stuns when you can land them. At least this has been my experience with her.

Is there any way for Jason to re-set his traps? I'd swear I saw video of someone doing thing, but I can't figure out how....maybe it was a beta feature that didn't make the release version?

2 hours ago, Dr. Lecter said:

Is there any way for Jason to re-set his traps? I'd swear I saw video of someone doing thing, but I can't figure out how....maybe it was a beta feature that didn't make the release version?

Traps weren't in the beta and as far as I can tell there is no resetting the traps.

How do you keep your shifts going straight? Mine either go very wide, or get hung on things like cabins/fences.

On 6/6/2017 at 3:16 PM, Ker Juice said:

Is there a way for Jason to disarm the counselors bear traps?  I'm thinking throwing knives at them, perhaps?  I keep forgetting to test this when I'm in game.

If you go in combat stance, you can walk over a counselor's trap.

8 hours ago, HodderFodder said:

How do you keep your shifts going straight? Mine either go very wide, or get hung on things like cabins/fences.

It goes straight by default :)