Can anyone give me tips on how to be a better jason, because I usually only get 4 kills out of an full game

12 minutes ago, HELL said:

Can anyone give me tips on how to be a better jason, because I usually only get 4 kills out of an full game

Trap objectives, check map frequently to make sure no one disabled with knife, listen for sound queues(triggered traps, gas/battery/fuse/powerbox repair failures, boat/car starts), don't tunnel and use your abilities. If having trouble catching someone. morph slightly away enable stalk and sense then wait for them to come running out of the cabin thinking you are gone. Easy shift grab kill.

Just now, badassgixxer05 said:

Trap objectives, check map frequently to make sure no one disabled with knife, listen for sound queues(triggered traps, gas/battery/fuse/powerbox repair failures, boat/car starts), don't tunnel and use your abilities. If having trouble catching someone. morph slightly away enable stalk and sense then wait for them to come running out of the cabin thinking you are gone. Easy shift grab kill.

thanks I will use this to my advantage

Just now, HELL said:

thanks I will use this to my advantage

Use combat stance to break down doors. It is much faster then the animation over and over. Also can check your map while doing this to make sure traps are all still good.

1 minute ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Use combat stance to break down doors. It is much faster then the animation over and over. Also can check your map while doing this to make sure traps are all still good.

I was reading and it said it lets the player know when it uses stalk if your to close. How will I know if im far enough away

3 minutes ago, HELL said:

I was reading and it said it lets the player know when it uses stalk if your to close. How will I know if im far enough away

I believe it was determined if you were in range of chase music then the counselors will get static alert. If you enable stalk first though and then morph to just the other side of house, they should not get the second ability notice as far as I know as long as you are not in counselor direct view.

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I believe it was determined if you were in range of chase music then the counselors will get static alert. If you enable stalk first though and then morph to just the other side of house, they should not get the second ability notice as far as I know as long as you are not in counselor direct view.

ok thnx will try that next time I play

do you have any tips for people who glitch on top of roof and your jason and cant kill them??

1 hour ago, HELL said:

do you have any tips for people who glitch on top of roof and your jason and cant kill them??

Just leave the match after no one left to kill. Pay them no attention and they go away.

10 minutes ago, VLK said:

I thought you can glitch up there as Jason too 

The Roof glitch has been patched out of the game.... for both Jason and Counselors, for all playable platforms if I am not mistaken.

• Like 1

Interesting, I'm relatively new to the game  so I'll give it a try....if Jason doesn't kill me first

I've been testing different' methods suggestions and using the fighting stance to break doors faster and it is not that good because ironically is the only time where you can see an actual difference between each Jason strike animation, most will miss up to 40% of the hits even aiming properly to the door (which makes it almost the same as breaking it in the traditional way, while the most accurate because of his animation is the part 6 Jason the time to break a barricaded door is almost the same, what changes is the time to start moving after the breaking anim takes place, while the part 4 Jason being the fastest for his destruction perk no matter the method (can't test savinni's as I don't have access to that Jason) 

I have a question, which buttons on a keyboard are the L1, L2, R1 & R2 buttons for when you play the PC version of the game?

A few counselor tips from me:

1) At the start of the game, most people who play as Jason will pick up the knives in his shack before morphing on the map. There will then be a further 10 seconds or so before Jason gets his sense ability. As a counselor, this means you'll generally get at least ten seconds until you'll even have a chance of seeing Jason, and very often 10 more seconds before he'll having a chance of sensing you. Use the first 20-30 seconds to find a shack, barracade all doors and find a weapon. Then hide in a wardbrode, hold your breath fully, let it recharge and hold your breath one more time, before you come out and continue with the game. This will make it far less likely Jason will detect you when he first uses his sense ability.

2) Order in which to equip things (if you have them): Pocket knife (prevents death if you're grabbed and stuns Jason), then fireworks (gives chance of stunning Jason, so you can escape), then first aid spray, in case you get injured.

3) Don't try hiding in cabins, tents or out houses when Jason has rage active. Your hiding place will show up red to him. 

4) Look at the map and try to work out what other people are doing. If three or four counselors are together and moving around rapidly, it's likely Jason is chasing them! This is your chance to move to another cabin / to a vehicle / wherever, as he's likely being distracted. If a vehicle is moving away on the map (with you left behind somewhere), Jason is likely chasing it. Another distraction for him.

5) Keep an eye on the boat. If it has one component in it, look for the other so you can try and repair it and escape. Jason tends to take less notice of the boat than the cars.

6) If all else is failing, most of the other counselors are dead or have left and there's a minute or two until the police arrive, or until the game ends, find an outdoors hiding spot in the middle of nowhere and crouch down with your flashlight switched on. If you get lucky, Jason won't find you in time and you'll survive. 

7) Keep an eye on the scoreboard to see how quickly Jason is killing. If he's quick, you'll need to be at your sharpest to defeat him, as he likely knows what he's doing. Try to second guess him. If he's taking ages to kill people, he might be an inexperienced player or just not that good. You can probably afford to take slightly more risks. Hide around the back of shacks or behind the bathroom door to try and escape him. This might fool the inexperienced Jason.

If you suspect Jason is cheating, quit the lobby afterwards. Signs he's cheating include: Ignoring a group of easier to catch counselors who are closer to him and going for you, lots of graphic glitches and screen lagging when he's near you, killing people very quickly with hardly any chasing, other counselors who appear to deliberately be giving your position away to him (trying to hit you, setting off fireworks for no reason near you, flashing their lights on and off near you and following you), starting the game and your counselor is not the one you originally selected.

Above all, if you're unhappy with something and things don't seem right, quit the lobby.  If you spawn as Jason and you don't want to be him, quit the game. It's quicker and better for everyone!

A few tips, learned from experience! Hope they help

One or two tips to be a better Jason:

If you see someone carrying a gas canister or battery, go for them! For one - they don't have a weapon. Secondly - you can prevent them from repairing something. 

Early on in the game, counselors tend to have less defence (pocket knives, firecrackers etc) and this is the best time to grab kill, without being stunned. Later on in the game, get close to the counselor and slash at them to weaken them first, if you intend to finish them off with a grab kill. 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:25 PM, TheEscapee1 said:

A few counselor tips from me:

1) At the start of the game, most people who play as Jason will pick up the knives in his shack before morphing on the map. There will then be a further 10 seconds or so before Jason gets his sense ability. As a counselor, this means you'll generally get at least ten seconds until you'll even have a chance of seeing Jason, and very often 10 more seconds before he'll having a chance of sensing you. Use the first 20-30 seconds to find a shack, barracade all doors and find a weapon. Then hide in a wardbrode, hold your breath fully, let it recharge and hold your breath one more time, before you come out and continue with the game. This will make it far less likely Jason will detect you when he first uses his sense ability.

2) Order in which to equip things (if you have them): Pocket knife (prevents death if you're grabbed and stuns Jason), then fireworks (gives chance of stunning Jason, so you can escape), then first aid spray, in case you get injured.

3) Don't try hiding in cabins, tents or out houses when Jason has rage active. Your hiding place will show up red to him. 

4) Look at the map and try to work out what other people are doing. If three or four counselors are together and moving around rapidly, it's likely Jason is chasing them! This is your chance to move to another cabin / to a vehicle / wherever, as he's likely being distracted. If a vehicle is moving away on the map (with you left behind somewhere), Jason is likely chasing it. Another distraction for him.

5) Keep an eye on the boat. If it has one component in it, look for the other so you can try and repair it and escape. Jason tends to take less notice of the boat than the cars.

6) If all else is failing, most of the other counselors are dead or have left and there's a minute or two until the police arrive, or until the game ends, find an outdoors hiding spot in the middle of nowhere and crouch down with your flashlight switched on. If you get lucky, Jason won't find you in time and you'll survive. 

7) Keep an eye on the scoreboard to see how quickly Jason is killing. If he's quick, you'll need to be at your sharpest to defeat him, as he likely knows what he's doing. Try to second guess him. If he's taking ages to kill people, he might be an inexperienced player or just not that good. You can probably afford to take slightly more risks. Hide around the back of shacks or behind the bathroom door to try and escape him. This might fool the inexperienced Jason.

If you suspect Jason is cheating, quit the lobby afterwards. Signs he's cheating include: Ignoring a group of easier to catch counselors who are closer to him and going for you, lots of graphic glitches and screen lagging when he's near you, killing people very quickly with hardly any chasing, other counselors who appear to deliberately be giving your position away to him (trying to hit you, setting off fireworks for no reason near you, flashing their lights on and off near you and following you), starting the game and your counselor is not the one you originally selected.

Above all, if you're unhappy with something and things don't seem right, quit the lobby.  If you spawn as Jason and you don't want to be him, quit the game. It's quicker and better for everyone!

A few tips, learned from experience! Hope they help

Based on what you listed as "tips", you would be one of the easiest kills Jason's would ever have. My favorite "tip" you listed was to keep an eye on the boat. Let someone make half the repair, then swoop in and make one repair and take off. :lol: Sorry to bust your bubble though, most Jason's are going to drop everything and tip that boat to get the easy kill.