Thank you very much for share all this! Great job, man!

Appreciated!!!

Cheers

• Like 3

No problem :) I just hope other people read it and it doesn't get lost amongst all these threads.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone :) and sure 7theye, here's the difference:

When playing as Jason, he uses sense to track fear. Fear is directly influenced by a counsellor's composure stat. The higher your composure, the longer it takes to get scared and the harder it is for Jason to track you using sense.

Stealth influences how much noise your character makes. When Jason isn't using sense, he often goes for sound pings. These show up for Jason as little rings that expand and then disappear, indicating that a sound came from that direction. Characters with high stealth make hardly any noise and can usually sprint with no worry.

So basically, composure manages fear and stealth manages noise. Jason tracks both of these, but he can only track fear with sense, and sense is different to sound as it only tracks counsellors. Sounds can come from radios, firecrackers and other things as well as counsellors.

And nope, no 10mil CP for me :) Those screenshots were taken by Wes Keltner.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Thanks everyone :) and sure 7theye, here's the difference:

When playing as Jason, he uses sense to track fear. Fear is directly influenced by a counsellor's composure stat. The higher your composure, the longer it takes to get scared and the harder it is for Jason to track you using sense.

Stealth influences how much noise your character makes. When Jason isn't using sense, he often goes for sound pings. These show up for Jason as little rings that expand and then disappear, indicating that a sound came from that direction. Characters with high stealth make hardly any noise and can usually sprint with no worry.

So basically, composure manages fear and stealth manages noise. Jason tracks both of these, but he can only track fear with sense, and sense is different to sound as it only tracks counsellors. Sounds can come from radios, firecrackers and other things as well as counsellors.

And nope, no 10mil CP for me :) Those screenshots were taken by Wes Keltner.

Thanks so much!!

For a newbie who isnt very good and does not have a lot of friends do you recommend (if using the hide approach) that one use a stealthy character like Aj or composure like Jenny?

Seems like with AJ I would try to get her fear low to avoid sense and not worry about sound, whereas with Jenny her fear is not a big issue so no sense detetion but would have to be more quiet? In your experience which seems to be harder for Jason to find?

32 minutes ago, Qtanner said:

Where are the key locations to put traps if you're Jason?

By the phone box and around the cars (one in front where the battery goes, one on the side where the gas goes, and one by the driver's door).

• Like 1

Great job...I notice you have to tap the 'X' button to get out of Jason's grasp...is this the same method for doing kills with Jason?  I mean after you grab a counselor do you have to tap the button of the kill you would like to do?  Those pesky counselors keep escaping my Jasons :)

Also are there more traps for Jason, or does he only have the ones he starts with?

Fantastic tutorial, thanks for taking the time to make it, Kodiak. I hope the mods pin it permanently. Would be nice to see something this comprehensive ingame as well.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 0:51 PM, 7theye said:

Thanks so much!!

For a newbie who isnt very good and does not have a lot of friends do you recommend (if using the hide approach) that one use a stealthy character like Aj or composure like Jenny?

Seems like with AJ I would try to get her fear low to avoid sense and not worry about sound, whereas with Jenny her fear is not a big issue so no sense detetion but would have to be more quiet? In your experience which seems to be harder for Jason to find?

No problem :) Glad you found it useful. If you're playing solo, I recommend A.J. I find that Jason finds Jenny more because of her noise, but A.J. is easier to kill.

On 5/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Qtanner said:

Where are the key locations to put traps if you're Jason?

Objectives mostly. I always go with 2 traps in front of the phone, then 1 trap at each car (or 1 near the boat) and keep 1 to place at whichever trap they set off first.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:14 PM, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

Great job...I notice you have to tap the 'X' button to get out of Jason's grasp...is this the same method for doing kills with Jason?  I mean after you grab a counselor do you have to tap the button of the kill you would like to do?  Those pesky counselors keep escaping my Jasons :)

Also are there more traps for Jason, or does he only have the ones he starts with?

.You just have to get enough room around you to perform the kill from the grab :) No need for tapping X repeatedly. There aren't any more traps for Jason, he only has a few at the beginning of the game and that's his only stock.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:53 PM, Pamela Voorhees said:

Fantastic tutorial, thanks for taking the time to make it, Kodiak. I hope the mods pin it permanently. Would be nice to see something this comprehensive ingame as well.

• Like 1

Thanks Willie :) I'd like it stickied but I think it needs more likes and posts first.

Update: Now includes a new section about maps, and it's been pinned.

• Like 1

How Jason knows that somebody is caught by one of his traps? What happens? Can we know which trap is?

Is there a sound like when people fail to full the gasoline tank, for example?

1 hour ago, bobmussini said:

How Jason knows that somebody is caught by one of his traps? What happens? Can we know which trap is?

Is there a sound like when people fail to full the gasoline tank, for example?

The icons on the map change when someone steps in a trap, you gotta look at it and see which one is different. Yeah there's a sound for gas and battery failures now too.

• Like 1

This is great. I really wish the game had a "how to" because I have a lot of questions. Could you tell me how to use or what is the point of getting the maps and cell phones? I find them all the time but have no idea what they are for. 

• Like 1

I'll update the guide with an 'items' section shortly :)

Maps can be used to - as you guessed - look at the map. Press M when you spawn if on PC, or back button on your controller to view the world map. At the beginning of the game, you won't have one unless you have the perk that lets you start with one. Walkie talkies allow you to talk to other people who have walkie talkies, rather than just those in your vicinity. 

• Like 2

Great post for ones that need the help. Im gradually getting better the more i play so i dont really need tips but this is handy for new players that dont know anything about the gameplay. Should be stickied so others can find it without searching through hundreds of unread posts

• Like 1

Edited: It got pinned :)

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

I'll update the guide with an 'items' section shortly :)

Maps can be used to - as you guessed - look at the map. Press M when you spawn if on PC, or back button on your controller to view the world map. At the beginning of the game, you won't have one unless you have the perk that lets you start with one. Walkie talkies allow you to talk to other people who have walkie talkies, rather than just those in your vicinity. 

Thanks so much. Very helpful!

• Like 1

Just now, Luckystrike2778 said:

Bump. Kudos! Better than the ingame howto lol

Cheers Lucky :) I'd prepare an updated tutorial for the game if they wanted me to, but something gives me the impression that they'd rather keep the tutorial their way lol

• Like 1