On 5/30/2017 at 7:59 AM, Kodiak said:

Part 1.4 - Weapon stats

counselorweapons.jpg

@Kodiak@Gertz@GunMedia_Ben

Is the bat supposed to be a 100% stun? A lot of people keep telling me this, but I've seen it fail many times. I can't imagine I'm the only one that's seen the bat fail...

It is indeed supposed to be 100% stun. I've not seen it fail when someone's hit Jason with it, only when they've been too close to a nearby tree or something and accidentally whacked that before him.

23 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It is indeed supposed to be 100% stun. I've not seen it fail when someone's hit Jason with it, only when they've been too close to a nearby tree or something and accidentally whacked that before him.

Thank you very much for putting this to rest. I'm not sure why it has failed for me, but I guess looking back that was before previous patches. Probably just another glitch that has since been fixed. Maybe I'll start using the bat more often now.

@Kodiak my apologies for repeating this, but I think you might have missed my question the first time I asked it, so here goes:

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎21 at 11:35 PM, Malken said:

@KodiakI'm playing on Xbox One, and I'm having some serious trouble with the combat stance in general and dodging specifically. 

I tried smacking Jason with a baseball bat while in combat stance, he was running towards me and circling to my right but my counselor took a wild swing completely to the far left side of me (basically turning 90 degrees to the left as he swung). So, does the combat stance only lock on someone if it's activated while next to them, or does it lock on whoever comes near after it's been activated? 

Also, whenever I try to dodge, nothing happens... at all. I hold down (not press) LT and tap a direction twice (except forward)... and my counselor just takes a normal step. I've tried it while being locked on Jason and other counselors and the results are always the same. Is dodging context specific? Does it only work if Jason is actively attacking you? What am I missing here? :wacko:

As far as dodging goes, I've asked 4 different players to try it the same way I described above, and it didn't do anything for them either. I've looked online for clarifications, but I can't seem to find any details or conclusive information, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago, Malken said:

@Kodiak my apologies for repeating this, but I think you might have missed my question the first time I asked it, so here goes:

As far as dodging goes, I've asked 4 different players to try it the same way I described above, and it didn't do anything for them either. I've looked online for clarifications, but I can't seem to find any details or conclusive information, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

It locks on to someone nearby when they come near. You press LT whilst in combat stance with a direction you want to go.

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I made a short clip showcasing a good scenario of when to use Stalk effectively (sorry, no commentary):

• Like 2

19 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but I made a short clip showcasing a good scenario of when to use Stalk effectively (sorry, no commentary):

Well played :)

23 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I love it. Stalk is awesome. I've got some good clips myself that I want to upload at some point. Other jump scares I like doing are shifting into the cabin as they're closing the door, waiting till they barricade it and then surprising them.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎29 at 6:14 PM, Kodiak said:

It locks on to someone nearby when they come near. You press LT whilst in combat stance with a direction you want to go.

I've been away for a week, but I finally got to try it last night and it worked just like you said. Thanks a lot! @Kodiak

• Like 1

Nice job Kodiak! I have a question though. How do you se different kill moves as Jason? I keep doing the same one and I see people using different ones. I've added the ones I want for each Jason I've unlocked but can't seem to figure this one out.

1 hour ago, JP-Destroy said:

Nice job Kodiak! I have a question though. How do you se different kill moves as Jason? I keep doing the same one and I see people using different ones. I've added the ones I want for each Jason I've unlocked but can't seem to figure this one out.

@JP-Destroy What platform are you playing on? I'm on Xbox, and kills are performed by each one of the four buttons (X, Y, A, B ), I presume the same principle applies on Playstation. Don't know for PC though

18 hours ago, JP-Destroy said:

I'm on PS4, I thought I tried that, buy maybe not. I'll give it a shot later on. I appreciate it, Malken!

No problem. :)

Also, you've got to keep in mind that some kills require more space than others to be performed. When you grab a counselor, Jason's abilities in the hub turn into the kills selection, and the ones you can perform will light up red. If you're in a cramped space or blocked by some objects, some kills might not light up. If they don't all light up, jus try walking around with your grabbed counselor to the nearest open space. 

Cool cool. I played about 15 matches over the weekend and wasn't Jason a single time lol. I even tried changing up the spawn preference. There were a lot of people on this weekend.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, Kodiak said:

Does character strength determine this? I have hit Jason with bays with Deb and AJ where he didn't get stunned before.

@NoOneK9503has a good idea. We should update Mitch playing as well as Part 4 Jason

7 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have hit Jason with bays with Deb and AJ where he didn't get stunned before.

That's exactly why I asked about it.

On 8/27/2017 at 8:04 AM, 1st2Die said:

Strength doesn't have anything  to do with a persons ability to stun Jason so recommending that women like Deborah or Tiffany not fight Jason because they don't have much strength is wrong. Strength only matters if you're trying to remove Jasons mask in an attempt to kill him. In other words, Deborah is just as capable of fighting Jason as Buggsy assuming your goal is to stun him, not remove his mask and kill him.

Luck doesn't have anything to do with a counselors ability to stun Jason. Each weapon has its own stats independent of the wielder of the weapon. 

I would add that higher strength not only does more damage to Jason, it also does more damage to the weapon that you are using.  Therefore, it will break sooner than it would when used by someone with lesser strength.  Luck gives you a chance at reducing the amount of damage that the weapon receives, possibly to zero for a single hit, but all weapons have a fixed amount of damage that they can endure.  Once that amount of damage is reached, the weapon breaks.

Also, if there is anything nearby that gets hit before Jason, your attempt to stun Jason will most likely fail, as hitting the other object/counselor will slow down the weapon to a level that can’t stun Jason.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, Kodiak said:

Um, the bat has failed to stun for me on quite a few occasions. I mostly run Buggzy, because I like to fight Jason. It does have the best stun chance though.

I've just started off & a few questions (well a lot actually but here's a few)

1) Can Jason's sense always see me, even if I'm stationary and not in a cabin?

2) I used a firecracker, points came up as though I had succeeded, but Jason still grabbed me. How is this possible when I thought they were meant to stun?

3) When Jason grabs me and I don't have pocket knife is the kill or not kill decided by who mashes a button more? When I'm Jason I click the kill I want but do I have to mash it because people nearly always escape.

4) How do you evade the grab? Whenever Jason is near me my screen is very dark and it's so zoomed in I can barely tell where he is, let alone engage in combat.

5)  As Jason I just get bullied by the counsellors. To shift grab is it shift and then L2 on ps4 when you are in position? That's what I've been trying anyway.

Thank you, that's probably enough for now! 

4 hours ago, Confused Counsellor said:

I've just started off & a few questions (well a lot actually but here's a few)

1) Can Jason's sense always see me, even if I'm stationary and not in a cabin?

2) I used a firecracker, points came up as though I had succeeded, but Jason still grabbed me. How is this possible when I thought they were meant to stun?

3) When Jason grabs me and I don't have pocket knife is the kill or not kill decided by who mashes a button more? When I'm Jason I click the kill I want but do I have to mash it because people nearly always escape.

4) How do you evade the grab? Whenever Jason is near me my screen is very dark and it's so zoomed in I can barely tell where he is, let alone engage in combat.

5)  As Jason I just get bullied by the counsellors. To shift grab is it shift and then L2 on ps4 when you are in position? That's what I've been trying anyway.

Thank you, that's probably enough for now! 

1) Jason's sense works off of the fear mechanic. The more a counselor's afraid (you can tell by the look on their faces), the easier they are to spot for Jason's sense. The only way to avoid Jason's sense (outside of certain perks that give you a % chance of avoiding detection) is to hide under a bed, inside closets or tents. However, once Jason gets his Rage ability, he'll detect that you're inside a cabin even if you're hiding, though he won't know specifically which hiding spot you're in.

2) That's just a glitch. it sucks but it happens sometimes.

3) When Jason grabs counselors, he lifts them up to be at eye level with him. Once they're up there, Jason can perform any kills that light up red on his HUD (usually depends on the space needed for the kill animation). Basically, counselors have until Jason finishes lifting them up to fill up the escape bar by mashing buttons. If his kills light up red before you've escaped, you're a goner. For Jason, it's just the press of a button, no mashing required.

4) There's a dodge button you can use while in combat stance. It drains a bit of stamina when you use it and how it's performed depends on which platform you're playing on. I'm on Xbox, so I don't know how it's done on PS4. It's not a guaranteed evasion from a grab though. Your best chance is to try keeping some distance between Jason and yourself so you can see him.

5) Shift grabbing is difficult to master, especially now that they've nerfed Jason's grab range. First you go into shift and you try to go a little ahead of them (no more than a step or two) and from their left side, basically aiming at where they're going to be when you exit shift. Pressing the grab button at that point will exit shift and attempt to grab them.

Hope that helped a bit.     

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Malken said:

1) Jason's sense works off of the fear mechanic. The more a counselor's afraid (you can tell by the look on their faces), the easier they are to spot for Jason's sense. The only way to avoid Jason's sense (outside of certain perks that give you a % chance of avoiding detection) is to hide under a bed, inside closets or tents. However, once Jason gets his Rage ability, he'll detect that you're inside a cabin even if you're hiding, though he won't know specifically which hiding spot you're in.

2) That's just a glitch. it sucks but it happens sometimes.

3) When Jason grabs counselors, he lifts them up to be at eye level with him. Once they're up there, Jason can perform any kills that light up red on his HUD (usually depends on the space needed for the kill animation). Basically, counselors have until Jason finishes lifting them up to fill up the escape bar by mashing buttons. If his kills light up red before you've escaped, you're a goner. For Jason, it's just the press of a button, no mashing required.

Thanks very much for your help. So how exactly does the grab work? 

As a counsellor do you have a certain amount of time (before you are lifted fully up) to mash x, and whether it succeeds is down to how often you did it + luck? Once you are lifted up you can't do anything so Jason can e.g. drag you over to a fireplace.

And with Jason should I press the button only when it lights up & not before?

17 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

Thanks very much for your help. So how exactly does the grab work? 

As a counsellor do you have a certain amount of time (before you are lifted fully up) to mash x, and whether it succeeds is down to how often you did it + luck? Once you are lifted up you can't do anything so Jason can e.g. drag you over to a fireplace.

And with Jason should I press the button only when it lights up & not before?

You have until the grab is at it's peak. About 2 seconds. Luck or the counselor doesn't effect grab saves

As jason I just spam asphyxiation

24 minutes ago, Aaron said:

You have until the grab is at it's peak. About 2 seconds. Luck or the counselor doesn't effect grab saves

As jason I just spam asphyxiation

I thought composure affected your chances?

You say spam so can Jason initiate the kill before the window of opportunity for the counselor has closed?