Kodiak

Tips for those of you who are having trouble!

232 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Confused Counsellor said:

I thought composure affected your chances?

You say spam so can Jason initiate the kill before the window of opportunity for the counselor has closed? 

Composure effects breaking free on ur own.. less clicks to break free

For Jason I mean I spam the grab execution button instead of waiting for it to light up

@Confused Counsellor As Jason, If your kills aren't lit up, you can't perform them (whether they light up or not is based on the space required for the kill animation to play out). That's why you'll often see Jason grabbing a counselor and start walking around with them a bit , because they're most likely trying to get a specific kill to light up so they can perform it. I guess in that sense, button mashing would insure you get a kill as soon as one lights up, but you could basically achieve the exact same thing by just pressing a single button immediately as it lights up red. It's up to you to decide which method suits you better.  

On 30/05/2017 at 1:59 PM, Kodiak said:

Lots of words from the first post, and I (kittybites) didn't read the rule properly about quoting excessively long posts.

Love love love

1 person likes this

Can we get an addition to the guide that explains all game symbols and how to read them? Even if it's obvious.

Many of us were not aware of the little hand icon or what it meant

I also am a bit confused about the "mash X to break free from Jason's grab". I know composure and strength affect the amount of taps needed to break free, however does it really matter? It seems to me than Jason always has enough time to at least perform the one-handed choke kill if nothing else is available.

In my experience I've only broken free via mashing X once with AJ and I think the killer was trolling. And whenever I've played Jason, no one has been able to break free from my grabs by mashing X. So doesn't it sort of make the mash X to escape sort of obsolete?

2 hours ago, Raskkii said:

I also am a bit confused about the "mash X to break free from Jason's grab". I know composure and strength affect the amount of taps needed to break free, however does it really matter? It seems to me than Jason always has enough time to at least perform the one-handed choke kill if nothing else is available.

In my experience I've only broken free via mashing X once with AJ and I think the killer was trolling. And whenever I've played Jason, no one has been able to break free from my grabs by mashing X. So doesn't it sort of make the mash X to escape sort of obsolete?

yep.. at a high level composure and strength is useless