NEXUS_uk

Penalty system for people who leave sessions

Im seeing a trend lately where people who are being killed or have been killed by jason are quitting matches, this really is frustrating and sometimes the kills wont count toward the final score when ppl leave and it screws the session up.  

Can you please design a penalty system for session quitters who quit during a kill or after?  Like ban them from sessions for a certain amount of minutes or revoke their xp if they do quit?

• Like 1

I don't know why it's taking so long, it's easy to fix, just a combination of 2 things

1. Give exp at the start of animation

2. Set a timer to leavers (10 secs like in MMO)

and stupid questions before leaving (are you sure ? "yes" , you know you will not getting xp after that ? "yes", and you will get a 10 secs timer also ? YESSSSSSS!!!!!) @joke

• Like 3

Just want to up this thing.

The second idea is very good, with the 10 seconds. It should be fixxed ASAP. I can't play with such idiot players.

• Like 1

This happens to me, people quitting when I grab them so I don't get the 100 points and this also means, sometimes, I also don't get 250 points for killing all councillors. Jason should be awarded kills for players who quit or are disconnected. Also why do so-called Suicides not count for Jason? He still caused the councillors death! This is so unfair. If even just one councillor player quits then Jason player has lost minimum 350 points.

Like others, I have been chosen to be Jason, I had only collected the first knife in the hut, when the host quit, most likely, because this sodding crybaby, didn't get to be Jason. So sick of it.

13 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

Also why do so-called Suicides not count for Jason? He still caused the councillors death!

That is very untrue! You can step in counselor placed traps and die. You can be climbing in a broken window and die. 

You can do either of the two on purpose, but that doesn't mean he should be awarded points for someone choosing to kill themselves if they don't want Jason to get the satisfaction of doing it. I always do it if I get a cocky Jason player screaming over the mic and I'm the last one alive with no hope for escaping.

If you're pursuing a counselor as Jason and they are hurt and go into a broken window and die - well.. 

tenor.gif

You gotta be quicker than that!

1 minute ago, BetsyPalmer said:

That is very untrue! You can step in counselor placed traps and die. You can be climbing in a broken window and die. 

It is true. Councillors are placing traps because of Jason. So it is the fault of Jason they die; therefore suicides should count towards his kills. Also suicide is another way selfish gamers deny the Jason player a kill, for spite.

18 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

It is true. Councillors are placing traps because of Jason. So it is the fault of Jason they die; therefore suicides should count towards his kills.

NO. It is untrue. Trolls are even placing traps by WINDOWS to KILL counselors. Should Jason get the XP for that?

18 minutes ago, Peter1970 said:

Also suicide is another way selfish gamers deny the Jason player a kill, for spite.

And you're damn right. 

(Read my edit.)

Edit: Saying it's 100% always Jason's fault a counselor dies means you are being ignorant to other factors of the game. Let's say I am immobile for X reason and I try searching cabins for a health spray. If I am unaware of how little health I have and I climb in through a broken window and it kills me, it would be an accident and entirely my fault. Jason would have NOTHING to do with that.

1 hour ago, BetsyPalmer said:

NO. It is untrue. Trolls are even placing traps by WINDOWS to KILL counselors. Should Jason get the XP for that?

And you're damn right. 

(Read my edit.)

Edit: Saying it's 100% always Jason's fault a counselor dies means you are being ignorant to other factors of the game. Let's say I am immobile for X reason and I try searching cabins for a health spray. If I am unaware of how little health I have and I climb in through a broken window and it kills me, it would be an accident and entirely my fault. Jason would have NOTHING to do with that.

You are totally wrong. The whole point people are running away, setting traps etc is because of Jason. You are delusional.

1 hour ago, Peter1970 said:

You are totally wrong. The whole point people are running away, setting traps etc is because of Jason. You are delusional.

You literally didn't address anything I just stated. But I am delusional for stating facts. OK.

Denying that trolls set traps by windows to harm counselors or the FACT that there are other reasons to die from suicide than just from running away from Jason, just goes to show how uninformed you are about the topic or how little you play the game.

25 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

You literally didn't address anything I just stated. But I am delusional for stating facts. OK.

Denying that trolls set traps by windows to harm counselors or the FACT that there are other reasons to die from suicide than just from running away from Jason, just goes to show how uninformed you are about the topic or how little you play the game.

In just 9 weeks I have reached level 81!!!! I have played a huge amount. I am aware that trolls, or simple idiots, set traps at windows, but again the reason for the situation of trap setting is Jason.

2 hours ago, Peter1970 said:

In just 9 weeks I have reached level 81!!!! I have played a huge amount. I am aware that trolls, or simple idiots, set traps at windows, but again the reason for the situation of trap setting is Jason.

I bought this game the last week of July and I'm level 91. 

Good, glad we can reestablish that traps are meant for Jason but that trolls and "idiots" set traps in open windows to harm/kill counselors.

If you DIE from said trap, as you should know, the death says "suicide" not "betrayed" or "murdered." - Why on Earth should Jason be given XP from a counselor dying from a misplaced trap? He had 0 to do with it. If you're going to assume all counselors are always running from Jason you'd be wrong. You are not running away from Jason the entire game. (If you are, then you are playing with a dumb Jason that doesn't utilize his traps responsibly and care to kill other counselors.)

Your logic is that because the traps are meant for Jason that Jason should get the kill for a counselor dying from it. (Technically they are meant for bears as they are bear traps - sarcasm ;)) Well, the car isn't meant for running people over but people still get betrayed from it. Guns are meant for shooting and stunning Jason, machetes and axes are meant for taking off his mask, but people still get betrayed by these items, should Jason get XP for that too? Hmm...

2 hours ago, BetsyPalmer said:

I bought this game the last week of July and I'm level 91. 

Then I'd guess you using PC with dedicated servers unlike the xbox which frequently looses connection costing lots of point loss.

Just now, Peter1970 said:

Then I'd guess you using PC with dedicated servers unlike the xbox which frequently looses connection costing lots of point loss.

PS4

@Peter1970 I am level 101 and I am on xbox as well. When my lobby kills Jason. We take his maks off and then ether team kill each other or kill ourselves through windows and traps, broken and set by us. We do this to spawn tommy jarvis without letting Jason get any kills.  We dont run from Jason. We jump him.  

Besides the fact that you are completely wrong, delusional, and ignorant..., once you hit level 31 why would you even care about xp? All you unlock is aesthetics. Clothing will not improve your performance in gameplay. 

Jason should not get XP for a consler killing themselves. It is unearned and undeserved.

• Like 3

I happened to run into someone as jason who Alt-F4 to spite me so i wouldn't get a perfect. Currently level 17.

Also, some people who "leave" may not actually be doing so of their own volition. Perhaps a middle ground is best where the player is given some time to reconnect and if that time expires, then they are removed and someone can backfill (...especially Jason. I play on the PC and I'm unsure why if a Jason leaves, the game ends.) This would be fair to those whose game crashes or have a legit disconnect and would allow Jason players to dispose of the people trying to prevent them from securing a kill. I'm not sure on how technically difficult this would be to implement or if i'm missing potential downside.

As for people committing suicide to spite Jason, i just ran into that yesterday. Some kid wanted me to join him constantly jumping through a window to kill ourselves to spite a savini jason player. Not sure why it being savini mattered. Also not sure there is an easy solution to solving this one as both sides have some good points. = /

3 hours ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Besides the fact that you are completely wrong, delusional, and ignorant..., once you hit level 31 why would you even care about xp? All you unlock is aesthetics. Clothing will not improve your performance in gameplay. 

Same to you!

Nothing wrong with unlocking clothing and wanting to reach level 101. As far as suicide in the game, it is the fault of Jason. Do you think these councillors would have killed themselves without Jason being present? Of course not! So Jason still caused their death. Some gamers deliberately kill themselves to deny the Jason player points which is selfish.

Quote: "We dont run from Jason. We jump him." - WOW you are all sooooooo brave!

1 minute ago, Peter1970 said:

Same to you!

Nothing wrong with unlocking clothing and wanting to reach level 101. As far as suicide in the game, it is the fault of Jason. Do you think these councillors would have killed themselves without Jason being present? Of course not! So Jason still caused there death. Some gamers deliberately kill themselves to deny the Jason player points which is selfish.

How do you manage to kill yourselves after killing Jason?? Very curious to know because, killing Jason, ENDS THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: "We dont run from Jason. We jump him." - WOW you are all sooooooo brave!

Stop trolling. They will NEVER change that. TCU ZiG ZaG or HG Erimial... Hmu on xbox and get killed as Jason.

59 minutes ago, ZiG ZaG said:

Stop trolling. They will NEVER change that. TCU ZiG ZaG or HG Erimial... Hmu on xbox and get killed as Jason.

Now you are accusing me of being a Troll!!! Get lost dude.

I've already done that in private matches with some online friends. I'll look you up when I feel like it dude.

On 9/9/2017 at 1:22 PM, Peter1970 said:

As far as suicide in the game, it is the fault of Jason. Do you think these councillors would have killed themselves without Jason being present? Of course not! So Jason still caused their death

Are you serious?!

NOT. all. suicide. is. from. counselors. running. from. Jason.

Jason. is. not. the. cause. of. everyone's. death.

Yes, if Jason hadn't had showed up there wouldn't be a reason for counselors to attempt to leave the camp HENCE - we would have NO game.  

Say you were driving home one day and some person is in the middle of the road, so they get up and run out of the way but they trip onto a metal pipe and kill themselves.

IS that YOUR FAULT?!

Better yet - 

Do you think these counselors would have killed themselves without Pamela giving birth to Jason? Of course not! So Pamela is the cause of their death

Do you think these counselors would have killed themselves without Camp Crystal Lake being a place? Of course not! So Camp Crystal Lake is the cause of their death

Do you think these counselors would have killed themselves without Gun Media allowing it to happen? Of course not! So Gun Media is the cause of their death

For the love of Pete...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BetsyPalmer said:

Are you serious?!

Yes, if Jason hadn't had showed up there wouldn't be a reason for counselors to attempt to leave the camp HENCE - we would have NO game.  

Say you were driving home one day and some person is in the middle of the road, so they get up and run out of the way but they trip onto a metal pipe and kill themselves.

IS that YOUR FAULT?!

Better yet - 

Do you think these counselors would have killed themselves without Pamela giving birth to Jason? Of course not! So Pamela is the cause of their death

Do you think these counselors would have killed themselves without Camp Crystal Lake being a place? Of course not! So Camp Crystal Lake is the cause of their death

Do you think these counselors would have killed themselves without Gun Media allowing it to happen? Of course not! So Gun Media is the cause of their death

For the love of Pete...

Couldnt of explained this any better. 

@Peter1970 so with your logic.. Jason shouldn't get any xp for kills ether. All the xp should goto pamela for birthing Jason. Matter fact... who was pamela's ancestors, we might as well reward them the xp for anyone that dies by suicide or Jason in this game. #facepalm

On 9/7/2017 at 2:28 PM, Peter1970 said:

In just 9 weeks I have reached level 81!!!!

Why do I find that hard to believe...?

Is glitching through the map a suicide that should be credited to Jason? Just sayin' . . . 

Back on topic, though. Rage quitting or impatience quitting -- especially until the dedicated servers are rolled out -- should definitely be punished, or at least regulated. 

Thoughts:

• Leaving of game less than four times per month should result in loss of all session-accrued XP 
  • Leaving of game 4-6 times a month should result in loss of all session-accrued XP plus a set amount of historically accrued XP (enough to sting)
  • Leaving of game more than six times per month should result in a day-long ban
  • Leaving of game beyond that should result in a longer ban

I feel like we should have SOME leeway to leave a few times monthly to allow for legitimate reasons for leaving. (i.e., unplayable glitch game; teaming trolls, etc.) And also, there should be a website-based appeal system if you were punished for leaving when matters were out of your control.

Right now, game leaving is being enormously taken advantage of, and it's at the expense of the other players. Pissy trolls should not have that much power over others. Impatience and anger should not be an acceptable reason for terminating your game. There needs to be heavier accountability.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Why do I find that hard to believe...?

I often play as much as 8 hours most days. I just got to level 85 tonight. I bought the game on 30th June, clearly stated on my bank statement. 

For Cokeyskunk "Is glitching through the map a suicide that should be credited to Jason? Just sayin' . . . " No, JUST SAYIN

4 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:
  • Leaving of game less than four times per month should result in loss of all session-accrued XP 
  • Leaving of game 4-6 times a month should result in loss of all session-accrued XP plus a set amount of historically accrued XP (enough to sting)

What happens to level 101s?