NEXUS_uk

Penalty system for people who leave sessions

This post is for a suggestion. Leave your petty squabbles for your pm's. Not directed at anyone specifically, just everyone. Stay on topic or make your own thread...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

I have posted the coc regarding this issue in so many threads already. 

They have an escalating penalty for repeated leavers listed, but I don't think they have the monitoring in place. Likely they are waiting on dedicated server parity across platforms. 

I didn't even know they had a way of keeping tabs already. (I read in their updated Code of Conduct before about the situation, but it never seemed to me as if they ever did anything about it, thanks for clarifying.)

37 minutes ago, Definitelynotjason said:

Dedicated servers and give Jason the kill points for all disconnects. 

People who leave are already punished by having wasted their time and receiving nothing for it. Dedicated servers will keep the match going, and giving Jason the points will solve that concern. Anything else is just wanting a pound of flesh for a pet peeve. 

Amen!

28 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

There are many ways you can look at this. Let's look at one:

You're an awesome player. (Perhaps you really are, but this is for academic purposes) You're almost always one of the last ones killed or one of the first to create an escape route. You immediately call Tommy Jarvis. But one by one, as Jason snags other players (who don't have knives), they drop out of the game and Jason is left to strangle thin air. After awhile, it's just you and Jason. When will Jarvis show up? Never. Everyone has left and gone onto another game. So there's no one left to play him. 

In fact, that happens more often than not. If something goes wrong with the "perfect game" for these people -- or hell, even if they get bored for a fraction of a second -- they're gone. And that sucks.

The entire purpose of this game is to instill a feeling of being trapped and helpless. Where is that feeling when you can simply teleport out of the game and into another one if your little plan didn't go perfectly? It's just too much power. And the entire Friday the 13th franchise has always been all about people being helplessly held hostage and power being forcibly taken away from them. 

You opt to play a game? You're stuck there until the game ends, unless you want a penalty. That's exactly what this game is lacking. 

I seriously couldn't agree more. To me it's more frustrating when there is still people left in game and you call Tommy Jarvis but Tommy Jarvis spawns and leaves the game.

I personally think there should be a larger penalty to people who leave as TJ.

Everyone wants to win and no one wants to lose. Losers leave lobbies, winners know how to "play correctly" and stay in the game.

• Like 1

My guess is we will get 10 quits for day. If your all out of quits you can't quit until the next day.

See what I did there. 10 likes. All out of likes for today:lol:

People let's keep the discussion on topic and civil if you can not do that please refrain from speaking to one another to avoid unnecessary back and forths in topics.

• Like 2

I just hope a penalty wouldn't be given for someone leaving a match when they're already dead and back in the lobby. At that point, they're done and Jason got his XP from the kill. 

The only reason I say no to thisis because when you get in a game with a bad host connection wise, and he abusesit as Jason, he doesn't deserve the kill

I think that if a counselor quits the game when ur playing as Jason it should count as a kill. Just like if Jason quits everyone survives. :)

No, too many people work with Jason. If this is added it will increase this kind of trolling just to falsely penalize people.

If anything, you shod just report it like a glitch, get a vid and send it in.

Just played 5 games this afternoon on xbox. In three games in a row the person playing Jason quit, not at the start but after the halfway point. I had just escaped with the Police in the first of these games and the Jason quit, I lost the 200 points. Seems too much of a coincidence this happens three gams in a row. Probably the retards who used to team kill finding new ways to troll the game. 

There should be quite serious penalties for Jason's who quit, not just councillors.

On 9/29/2017 at 9:34 PM, Zombie Walker said:

There already is a penalty in place of you rage quit, no xp gained.

Even still, rage quitting when grabbed by Jason is now becoming the norm. One of the game's biggest advocates and online players, Swiftor, recently posted just one game where almost EVERY player quit before he (as Jason) could even ATTEMPT to kill them. 

Take a look. It's a short (albeit he keeps it entertaining) watch. You'll see what I mean within the first six minutes. This current video really showcases one of the major downfalls of the game. There really needs to be a large enough penalty for leaving the game that it dissuades pathetic game play like this.

There are two (major) kinds of people who quit early:

1.  As discussed in the thread a lot, the get grabbed RQ to exit the game.  Simple solution:  Have a 2-5+ second delay between when you say "exit game" and when you actually leave the game to go back to the main game screen. 

2.  The leave immediately 1-2 players, every time, who only play Jason as he is the most powerful person and they cant stand players the underdog/less powerful side.   Make anyone who leaves the game in the first 5 minutes (while alive) have a reduced to zero chance of being Jason for a period of hours.  Jason only players now know they can't just RQ at the start because they didn't get to be Jason.  Like it or not whomever is playing Jason depends upon a body of people to play the counselors.  The more the game favors Jason and the less to the counselors the more people only will want to play the side with the advantage. 

I have never left during a grab.  Full disclosure:  I have quit a game when I spawned in the phone house and the Jason player was such an annoying trash talker I decided to not stick around for the verbal abuse.  No weapons and no items makes the struggle already decided and when incessant abusive trash talk on top, you're damn right I left. 

how about they just add a option for public matches when you hit quick play it should ask you jason or counselor 

On 10/6/2017 at 0:06 PM, va_ghost said:

I have never left during a grab.  Full disclosure:  I have quit a game when I spawned in the phone house and the Jason player was such an annoying trash talker I decided to not stick around for the verbal abuse.  No weapons and no items makes the struggle already decided and when incessant abusive trash talk on top, you're damn right I left. 

And well you should have. Don't get me wrong: never would I advocate NO game-leaving for any reason. If one, or several, players are being super-irritating to the point where you're just no longer enjoying the round, by all means, you should be allowed to leave. Perhaps "rage quit" is the wrong term for this, as that name indicates a rare occurrence when something happens to make you insanely mad. Ditching the game because "you're probably about to die" is really not technically a "rage quit." Maybe we should call it "death dump," or something like that. Constant quitting JUST because you're about to die (or you did die) should be something different altogether. This is the biggest quitting issue I see. 

In your example, I likely would have done the same as you.