Unclebunt

Do you get annoyed by "Chopper Jason's"?

There seems to be mixed thoughts about how people should play Jason so I'm just after some general info on what you guys think.

As said in the title what do you think of "chopper Jason's" as in, a Jason who just melees you to death without grab kill or trap etc etc.

Personally I don't care how a Jason chooses to kill me by traps, grabs or melee. Jason's job is to KILL you any way he sees fit there shouldn't be an "unwritten rule" on how he should kill. Let him play as he wants and just enjoy the game.

EDIT: If this In any way turns into another Savini thread I'm gonna report it myself to be locked.

I don't care how others play but having those part 3 guys that like to chop everyone to death makes for very boring gameplay and spectating. Personally I only swing if there are a group of counselors zerging me with weapons or if it is a fast counselor and I want them in a wounded state before I finish them off so they can't get too far if they have a knife.

If people complain about how you like to play just mute, block and move on.

I only use melee attacks to slow down counselors I am pursuing, to combat groups, or if someone approaches me in a combat stance.

But I have, literally, seen people complain about just about every single way that Jason kills, so I wouldn't take any of it to heart.

1IIp-pDxew2eii5PLlElkCH04xLrO9pU_i-Bs0X-

• Like 2

When people have pocket knives they hate slasher Jason. 

Then they have thick skin, med sprays, and combat perks they hate grab Jason. 

They also hate Jason that traps things.  

And Jason that is good with his throwing knife. 

Or not being able to outswim Jason and drowning.

I guess some people complain about any way they end up dying. 

• Like 8

Personally, don't like playing against slasher Jason's. I think the grab executions look cool, which is why I do them.

It would be cool if gun could manage to put some cutscenes in for when you get a guy down to low health and hit him for the last time a execution video plays. Then I probably wouldn't have a problem with slashers.

But even though I don't like playing against them, I won't talk shit about their play style. Everyone can play the game how they want too.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

When people have pocket knives they hate slasher Jason. 

Then they have thick skin, med sprays, and combat perks they hate grab Jason. 

They also hate Jason that traps things.  

And Jason that is good with his throwing knife. 

Or not being able to outswim Jason and drowning.

I guess some people complain about any way they end up dying. 

This. 1000% this. 

Iv had people complain over literally every kill possible. I tend to kill them in whichever way they're complaining. So if I hack a dude and he starts whining that I'm "chopping" well then I'm going to keep chopping. 

• Like 6

I kill however I feel like. If I want to chop them down I will. I dont care if they like it or not, bothers me none. Doesn't ruin my experience. If I think you got a knife, im not grabbing. Seen all kills hundreds of times, doesn't matter.

• Like 1

I might hack at a counselor to debilitate them before I grab them in case they have a knife. That way they can only very slowly walk away while I recover from the stun (unless they have medical spray), and then I go in for a grand style grab kill.

During the early days of the beta, I dubbed these players 'noob chopper Jasons' and it just kinda stuck with me since then lol. I don't generally insult people and call them noob choppers, but I will say "we're up against a chopper Jason here" or something similar.

It generally doesn't matter how Jason chooses to kill people. I used to get a little annoyed before I got thick skinned and I would just get whacked by part 3's but if that's how Jason wants to play, then that's how Jason plays :) As Bunt said, it's up to Jason to decide how he wants to kill people and killing people is his entire game experience. He can play exactly how he wants, as long as he doesn't use exploits.

• Like 2

I'm close to a heart attack for a couple of minutes because of upset after being chopped but relatively calm again after additional minutes. Part of my nature. :D

9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I find that those who hate this "chopper" style rely on pocket knives too much.

Haha, thats exactly what it is too! I hate being Jason and getting stunned by a stupid pocket-knife. Never again. I'm going to melee everyone to death until the last counselor or 2 is alive. Even then it  depends on how hard it was to catch them.

I've noticed that everyone just whines about however they die...

"omg, you shift grab, you're lame"

"omg..you suck you had to slash me, you're lame"

"omg..you spammed me with throwing knives, that's so lame"

The point of this game is for Jason to KILL you..you died, deal with it

• Like 3

Doesn't bother me how they want to kill.  Heck, I kind of prefer chopper Jasons, since there are perks that help weather those kind of attacks.  If they want to go all Paul Bunyun on me, just give the rest of my team more time to stunlock him with a sucker punch.

Without reading any of the other replies (yet. Will do right after posting), I am totally okay with it.

Makes my thick skin and double healing spray perks very effective :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Sandman said:

I've noticed that everyone just whines about however they die...

"omg, you shift grab, you're lame"

"omg..you suck you had to slash me, you're lame"

"omg..you spammed me with throwing knives, that's so lame"

The point of this game is for Jason to KILL you..you died, deal with it

I had one guy screaming at me because he stepped into my trap at my hut, he was so mad he called me every name in the book, he then raged quit right after I killed him. Still got the kill. But everyone will complain about whatever. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I had one guy screaming at me because he stepped into my trap at my hut, he was so mad he called me every name in the book, he then raged quit right after I killed him. Still got the kill. But everyone will complain about whatever. 

Lol had almost the same thing happen to me the other day.

Guy steps into my trap at the phone box about 30 seconds into the game.

I go over there and grab him, and he goes "dude really your about to kill me in the first minute?"

So I reply "dude really, your trying to fix the phone box in the first minute."

So I killed him and apparently bc I didn't allow him to fix the easiest escape route possible he sends me a message calling me trash.

I swear you can't make this crap up with some people online lmao

• Like 1

If there's a way to play Jason, someone will have a problem with it. If this game has taught me anything it's that people will find something wrong with absolutely everything.

It's become pretty ridiculous.

As long as you're not a troll, you do Jason how you do Jason and I'll be cool with however you decide to execute me.

People want an even chance at surviving a close up encounter with Jason. That doesn't happen in this game. As it shouldn't 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Lol had almost the same thing happen to me the other day.

Guy steps into my trap at the phone box about 30 seconds into the game.

I go over there and grab him, and he goes "dude really your about to kill me in the first minute?"

So I reply "dude really, your trying to fix the phone box in the first minute."

So I killed him and apparently bc I didn't allow him to fix the easiest escape route possible he sends me a message calling me trash.

I swear you can't make this crap up with some people online lmao

I've had people message me the same thing. I got called out so many times for trapping people and I'm like "Weeeeell I have traps, I can place them anywhere I want... I'm gonna trap my hut, phone and maybe both cars, depending on if one is being worked on, so yeah no rules on the traps friend." Lol 

33 minutes ago, Scoundrella said:

Without reading any of the other replies (yet. Will do right after posting), I am totally okay with it.

Makes my thick skin and double healing spray perks very effective :D

I love my Epic Thick skinned perk, it's probably my #1 favorite out of them all. I don't have to worry at all about getting chopped up anymore, it takes a long time!  

Its crazy how good it is, you won't believe I went thru THREE of Jason's traps at his hut & still didn't die! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Personally, don't like playing against slasher Jason's. I think the grab executions look cool, which is why I do them.

It would be cool if gun could manage to put some cutscenes in for when you get a guy down to low health and hit him for the last time a execution video plays. Then I probably wouldn't have a problem with slashers.

But even though I don't like playing against them, I won't talk shit about their play style. Everyone can play the game how they want too.

I could totally go for this "finishing move". Since you're dead anyway with that last swing, the "cutscene" could be viewable by only you and those spectating without forcing Jason to wait around until it ends and allowing nearby counselors to escape...

14 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

I could totally go for this "finishing move". Since you're dead anyway with that last swing, the "cutscene" could be viewable by only you and those spectating without forcing Jason to wait around until it ends and allowing nearby counselors to escape...

Good idea.

I've noticed that if a counselor stops running from me, they probably have a knife.  So I'll hack them down and 9 times out of 10 a knife or two will fall out of them.  

The best part is that the person says, "Oh we have a swinger everyone." as all their knives drop to the floor. ?

• Like 2