Sign in to follow this  
bcbuddy

Striking Jason

As many people are aware, there are certain(most) times where you should be running as opposed to attacking Jason due to his animation providing him with invincibility. For example, if you fail to attack him on time while he is raising a counselor up in the air with one of his grabs, he cannot be struck during the execution animation that takes place. A lot of players fail to realize this and will waste time taking swings at air until he finishes up and kills them as well.

When are other times that he is invincible? 

Can I strike him if he gets stuck in one of my bear traps? Or would he be invincible while trying to get out?

Can I strike him while he is in the middle of breaking down a door? I have heard somewhere that he is invincible here as well.

Any other times that a hit won't register on him? 

PS - I realize that counselors should rarely fight him, and it is a last resort. That being said, it would be helpful to know that when I run up to take a lucky swing, I won't be swinging at the mystical protective aura that surrounds him!

I've found a lot of times when swinging at him went straight through him whilst he was walking towards me.

A lot.

Sometimes two 'missed' swings through him before he gets a successful grab.

And then I die.

Annoyed

You can make him drop people in the "lift" window for an grab, but not after an execution animation begins. Whenever you stun Jason there is a 5 second cooldown after he starts moving again where he is immune to stun (technically he is still stunned, just mobile). As a Jason player it is reflected in the periphery black haze around your field of view. Counselors don't see this, but it is active, and many new players try to spam another stun on him. It won't work. He can be struck trying to break down a door (before the smashing animation). Once the "smashing animation" happens (invulnerable), then he is himself vulnerable for second or so as he recovers from the animation. Good time to stun him. He is invulnerable during most sequence animations (such as the smash door animation, or break power box/fuse box animation, setting a trap, smashing a hiding place, etc).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

You can make him drop people in the "lift" window for an grab, but not after an execution animation begins. Whenever you stun Jason there is a 5 second cooldown after he starts moving again where he is immune to stun. As a Jason player it is reflected in the periphery black haze around your field of view. Counselors don't see this, but it is active, and many new players try to spam another stun on him. It won't work. He can be struck trying to break down a door (before the smashing animation). Once the "smashing animation" happens, he is vulnerable and cannot act for like a second. Good time to stun him. He is invulnerable during most sequence animations (such as the smash door animation, or break power box/fuse box animation, setting a trap, smashing a hiding place, etc).

Shhh your giving away tips! You pretty much got everything right. 

14 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Shhh your giving away tips! You pretty much got everything right. 

Whoops my bad...LOL. Sequence animations are tricky. You can interrupt if he just started it for some, but others it can't be stopped. I've seen him stopped just as he was reaching to put down a trap, but if he begins setting it on the ground it is not stoppable. The little "windows of opportunity" you have given a particular action Jason is doing comes down to practice and experience. Times when weapons just pass through Jason are typically because you, the Jason player, or server is lagging. In most cases the damage still registers on Jason, but just hitting him isn't a guaranteed stun. A non-stunning but damaging hit won't even slow him down and he will grab you and end you.

• Like 1

You can hit him right after he breaks down a door (if he uses the "legit" method of just holdingRT or RMB instead of combat stance attacking)

--- **baseball bat highly reccommended for this**

a common tactic I use for this as Jenny is to wait right around a *barricaded* door, somewhat behind the wall just to the left or right of the door where he can't see you as he is breaking through, and as soon as he does his final swing, pop out from behind the wall (I believe every Jason except part 8 and savini take 6 swings, while part 8 and savini take 3)

This is very important to learn the amount of swings it takes for them to break the door, as if you anticipate him breaking through the door, but if he is only on swing 5 out of 6, for example, you will popout and hit the door, giving away your nefarious plan. 

Locked doors are always breakable with just 1swing I am sure. 

Now IF the Jason is using the combat stance attacking the door tactic, you can actually hit him Through the door right after he swings, as he doesn't have the invinc frames that the holding RT or RMB on the door has. So there are pros and cons for Jason using both.

The door has to have "a hole in it" (him hitting it acouple times). the timing can be tight as if you swing too early, you'll hit the door, and then he will hit you through the hole in the door. It's kinda like a little minigame of whackamole between you and Jason in this scenario LOL. 

You can do the exact same thing when he is breaking Windows (although I find these harder to hit him throughpersonally)

**note, if he is using combat stance, and you wait for him to break down the door like in the first example, he can turn around right after the door breaks, take a step or two outside, turn back around toward the door, and grab you.**

I find these tactics to be very effective at stalling jason. If you want to piss him off and havehim tunnel vision you so that others can repair a phone or car, this is a pretty good way to achieve that imo xD.

ALSO when Jason is in rage mode and does the "insta walk through doors thing", you will ALWAYS be able to get a free hit in if you are waiting and ready, and using the first tactic I mentioned as he is not invincible during that animation.

• Like 1