For those who want to hear the full song,here it is...

Im glad that Mitch kept some of the original game music in this chase theme.

I think it's close to the original theme in one section but I think they had someone produce something with a slightly similar sound so they could avoid any copyright, they also refer to him as retro Jason not Nes Jason to also avoid copyright.  My guess is they found a way to skirt the color scheme without asking for permission. 

35 minutes ago, somakurusu said:

I think it's close to the original theme in one section but I think they had someone produce something with a slightly similar sound so they could avoid any copyright, they also refer to him as retro Jason not Nes Jason to also avoid copyright.  My guess is they found a way to skirt the color scheme without asking for permission. 

I saw on the Steam forums a moderator posted on the Discord channel after doing some research, and found out they actually did own the rights to the NES game from what I understand, which is how they were able to include him in-game.

18 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

I saw on the Steam forums a moderator posted on the Discord channel after doing some research, and found out they actually did own the rights to the NES game from what I understand, which is how they were able to include him in-game.

Oh well if that's the case, that's good for them.  Color me impressed then.