Brigadius

Avoid Player List Feature (TKs, trolls, cheaters, etc)

4 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

Dedicated would be nice or host migration. If one of those are added then I don't think it would be an issue anymore. I think that issue will be addressed rather soon with all the complaints they've received. 

Host migration would also be an ok solution. I've started taking note of who the host is every game if if they quit I report them on xbox for quitting early.

11 minutes ago, StormShadow said:

Host migration would also be an ok solution. I've started taking note of who the host is every game if if they quit I report them on xbox for quitting early.

Yeah but quitting early reports do nothing but lower the players rep, they can't actually get banned or anything significant. Reporting is a good strategy, but if the host doesn't remove negative rep players, then the problem still persists.

19 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

if the host doesn't remove negative rep players, then the problem still persists.

On Xbox once your rep gets low enough though you only get matched with other low rep players so if someone quits often and gets reported every time they eventually will not be matched with those of us who stay in the game.

19 hours ago, StormShadow said:

On Xbox once your rep gets low enough though you only get matched with other low rep players so if someone quits often and gets reported every time they eventually will not be matched with those of us who stay in the game.

While that was true on 360, that's not true on Xbox One

On 21-6-2017 at 9:50 PM, Brigadius said:

Finds potential lobby, checks your list of blocked players, checks if your blocked, no blocked players join, blocker players skip. Seems pretty straight forward. 

It might add a few seconds to each lobby search in the beginning but the only people it will really affect are the undesirable players. Over time those players will have a harder time finding a lobby and once they have been filtered out of the majority of players playlists the finding a lobby time shouldn't take much of a hit. 

Just for the sake of discussion. But what if that list turns very very long because people are reported by sore losers etc.? Very long lists to check while searching for lobbies will definitely increase searching times.

Also, everyone will be affected because everyone still needs to be checked on the list. After all you can't check anybody until they actually JOIN the lobby.

26 minutes ago, Metalalbert said:

Just for the sake of discussion. But what if that list turns very very long because people are reported by sore losers etc.? Very long lists to check while searching for lobbies will definitely increase searching times.

It checks your list and the list of people in the lobby. It wouldn't be a global list.  But even if the list is long it still wouldn't take much time at all. After all it's a computer not the old man behind the counter at the dmv. With the size of the player base even if it had to check everyone I doubt it would add more than a few seconds per lobby search. 

It would be your personal avoid list. Your choice of who you want to avoid. Your list would not affect others in the sense that they could never play with someone you avoided. 

37 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

It checks your list and the list of people in the lobby. It wouldn't be a global list.  But even if the list is long it still wouldn't take much time at all. After all it's a computer not the old man behind the counter at the dmv. With the size of the player base even if it had to check everyone I doubt it would add more than a few seconds per lobby search. 

It would be your personal avoid list. Your choice of who you want to avoid. Your list would not affect others in the sense that they could never play with someone you avoided. 

Ah. I probably misread your post then.

But in order to be really effective and make sure that for example hackers, or maybe even notorious trolls and griefers, wouldn't be able to spoil anyone's fun it may be wise to maintain a global list. That would be a totally different thing to manage though.

But your idea sounds plausible. May very well work.

12 minutes ago, Metalalbert said:

Ah. I probably misread your post then.

But in order to be really effective and make sure that for example hackers, or maybe even notorious trolls and griefers, wouldn't be able to spoil anyone's fun it may be wise to maintain a global list. That would be a totally different thing to manage though.

But your idea sounds plausible. May very well work.

Yeah, I'm sure gun has been banning people and have a whole list for that. But to get someone put on that list you have to provide video proof of hacking, cheating, or whatever criteria Gun is going by.

9 hours ago, Brigadius said:

This would be fantastic. I would love to have an avoid on the person who just team killed me while yelling racist crap. 

On 6/21/2017 at 5:53 AM, Brigadius said:

Gun should add an avoid player feature. This would allow you to add people you don't wish to play with. You can add cheaters, glitchers, exploiters, boring players(ie jasons that just swing), whoever you want. Then it would just filter those players out while searching for a game. Eventually cheaters, glitchers, and exploiters will only be able to play with themselves. 

Maybe have the feature have levels of avoidance like never play with this person(cheater) or avoid but not completely block for a boring player. This could be a great way to filter out the people that ruin the game for others.

This is a far better solution than -1000xp for team killers too. If they keep up there trollful ways they will have nobody to play with. 

So I guess Jason’s who just go right for the Neck Squeeze you will block as well since it’s a fast kill as well I’m sorry but if you don’t like being slashed to death don’t have Jason find you or just out run him

5 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

So I guess Jason’s who just go right for the Neck Squeeze you will block as well since it’s a fast kill as well I’m sorry but if you don’t like being slashed to death don’t have Jason find you or just out run him

You can avoid whoever you want. People will just rage quit if they die fast anyway. I suggested levels of avoidance so you can completely avoid Some(tks and cheaters) while preferring not to play with others (annoying or boring). The levels makes the system a little more complex than a straight blocking system but it's doable. People who block lots of others just because they die fast will have to realize that the more they block people for stupid reasons they will just be hurting themselves. If they block bad players and others block bad players then the game quality improves. By avoiding players because you suck will only filter yourself out of playing opportunities, but that's your choice. You can always remove people from the list once you figure that out, if your block happy. 

Your point of just stay alive is a very weak argument point. Of course people are going to try and stay alive that's the whole point as a counselor. 

If we include this it'll turn into a witch hunt. People will report people others over Jason play styles, people will fake evidence,  people will abuse it. 

This is just what happens when game forums include name and shame threads. 

2 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

If we include this it'll turn into a witch hunt. People will report people others over Jason play styles, people will fake evidence,  people will abuse it. 

But it's not a global list. It's your own personal people I want to avoid list. If you add a ton of people for no reason other than you don't like losing than you are just limiting yourself. It won't affect others ability to play. And if you add someone based off of one video someone posted on a forum that's on you for judging someone before you play with them. Most people aren't petty enough to add someone to a list because they came across one video of that person playing poorly. 

You report a lot of people for stupid stuff you hurt yourself. You report griefers/cheaters you help yourself and the community. 

5 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

Don’t forget if we have a list of people we don’t wanna play with what if the 7 other players don’t have them on that list will that stop them from joining your game

I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be able to control a player like that that’s way to much power

Yeah pretty sure you are still wrong considering how often I get matchmade with low reputation people, I am in the green zone.

On 6/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It would be better if you could add people to a list, and if they show up in a lobby you're in ever again in the future, their name is highlighted or otherwise marked, so you can leave the lobby. But it doesn't make sense to give people the power to control where other people wind up. For example, if you add someone to your list and join a lobby first, then the system won't let them join that lobby? What if no one else in that lobby has a problem with that guy or gal? That's too much power. But if they show up and you can tell that you've marked them, then you can just leave and join a different lobby.

Intriguing idea.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:27 PM, Brigadius said:

This is a feature you wouldn't want to use all willy nilly. I wouldn't just avoid someone because of a TK. If they showed a pattern and TK many, actively glitched, cheated or helped Jason then yes. And if they continue to act like that others would avoid them too. So it's unlikely they would just receive few avoids if that's how they played. 

This feature teamed with a lobby vote to kick function would free lobbies from bad players and make room for good ones. 

Maybe they could add a review option on avoided players after a certain amount of time and ask if you want to unavoidable someone. That would allow you to reassess your standing on that player in case maybe you changed your mind. And of course you could always remove them from list at anytime.

I think it would ultimately make bad players weed themselves out.

Another intriguing idea.

18 hours ago, GrandMasterLynx said:

Don’t forget if we have a list of people we don’t wanna play with what if the 7 other players don’t have them on that list will that stop them from joining your game

I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be able to control a player like that that’s way to much power

Yes they wouldn't be able to join a game you're in if they are completely blocked. 

Think about it this way. They are adding a report feature. Let's think how that's going to work. It probably works like once you been reported so many times you are banned. That way completely bans you, my way just limits cheaters, glitchers and tkers to lobbies with like minded players. 

My way isn't an immediate solution either. It will take a little while to weed out bad players. It doesn't stop them from playing just stops them from ruining legit gameplay. You can also chose to remove people from list. I doubt they will unban people. 

They already said they won’t ban people who do Glitches solo cello it’s upto them to fix it also with TK if they don’t want people doing this they would remove the option to do it