Sign in to follow this  
MyNameJeff

Is it just me, or is the NES Jason Music a bit too quiet?

Yeah, and on XBOX his colors are too washed out.

He looks all green, beige and flesh colored.

:P

• Like 1

The music does seem a bit too quiet but it's so ridiculously out of place that it's at least noticeable. 

It is way too quiet. It is functioning like voice proximity chat. When he is chasing you, it gets quiet the further away you get from him. 

• Like 1

Glad I wasn't just imagining things. I too thought it was pretty quiet (compared to the other music we have gotten used to)

I noticed the volume fading out extremely fast when you put a little distance between you and him. similar to the voice chatproximity. 

His musics always been based on proximity but yes I also agree his music is too quiet. I seems like the fake tension music is the same as the old Jasons too which makes it easier to tell when hes really near or not. Theres only like 2 spots in the music that are really audible 

Not sure if it's intentional, but the chase theme music only seems to play for the players that are playing as counselors. The person playing as Jason only hears the default chase score. I thought the unique scores play for both the counselors and Jason while he is giving chase? If so, could this be a bug? It'd be nice to hear the 8-bit music as Jason, as well.

Can anyone confirm this?

1 minute ago, SciGuy said:

Not sure if it's intentional, but the chase theme music only seems to play for the players that are playing as counselors. The person playing as Jason only hears the default chase score. I thought the unique scores play for both the counselors and Jason while he is giving chase? If so, could this be a bug? It'd be nice to hear the 8-bit music as Jason, as well.

Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm this but I also don't know if it's a bug or intended. But I agree that as Jason, we should also get to enjoy the 8-bit music & skin!

It is absolutely too quiet, no doubt. I had a long playing session tonight and everytime NES Jason was picked, the drop was very noticeable. Everyone else in the matches thought so too. I like the theme itself but the way it's mixed totally lacks impact, which actually affected my gameplay.

I do think the music has a nice 8 bit feel to it.  I could hear it just fine on pc.  I was a bit surprised on the music they chose though for Jason.  When I played the old NES I remember when Jason was around the music kinda sounded like the Jaws theme.  I can see how that music could get annoying though.  Just surprised they didn't throw it in a little bit with the score.  

2 hours ago, SciGuy said:

Can anyone confirm this?

It does the same thing for Savini Jason.

2 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Gun could give people a free $100 PSN code and we'd still have a bitch thread on it.

Has nothing to do with just complaining. Its more an inquiry as to if the audio on Jasons side is bugged, and that the NES Jasons music seems too quiet.

Some people could see the lowered volume as giving that particular Jason an advantage and so on.

I know for instance in SMITE there have been issues before with Voice Packs where Hi Rez actually went back in and adjusted the audio levels base on community feedback. 

damn, I actually just ask others if it's quiet and people are dicks, not surprised. 

Jelly because my name Jeff, otherwise-- For people who actually stated back, thank ya'. I honestly thought it was just me, not having an issue until soooon. 

7 hours ago, Gdain said:

I do think the music has a nice 8 bit feel to it.  I could hear it just fine on pc.  I was a bit surprised on the music they chose though for Jason.  When I played the old NES I remember when Jason was around the music kinda sounded like the Jaws theme.  I can see how that music could get annoying though.  Just surprised they didn't throw it in a little bit with the score.  

Well they don't have the rights to that music.  They can't even call him the "NES Jason" they have to call him "Retro Jason" so they don't get sued.

15 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Well they don't have the rights to that music.  They can't even call him the "NES Jason" they have to call him "Retro Jason" so they don't get sued.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.  Why did I think they acquired the rights.  My bad.