Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The trophy "A Ph.D in Murder" is still glitched on PS4. Are the Devs not bothering to fix this? This is a known issue, even FT13 twitter has confirmed they know about it. The trophy works on Steam. Xbox wise, the Devs said it was fixed in the last update but there are still 0 achievers. @GunMedia_Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JasonX316 said:

The achievement is glitched for us on Xbox. 

Yup, I checked on TrueAchievements and it's still at 0 achievers. 

Here's the link that shows the patch notes for Xbox One for the update that went live on the 14th: 

 

In the patch notes they say they fixed it but I think thats a load of crap.

Steam was able to earn the trophy, in fact its not even the most rarest trophy, it's 2.3%. I doubt that there's 0 achievers because we haven't found a kill. If Steam found them all, console must have too. Friday the 13th's twitter account ignores my tweets about this issue. In fact, seems like we're being ignored by the developers here about this issue. I tagged @GunMedia_Ben 3 minutes after he made a post on the forum and he was on 3 hours afterwards, no reply yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea they said they fixed it in the Xbox patch a few days ago. It allowed our progress tracker to increase but now it's stuck at 96%. I know the boat kill is glitched but kind of figuring there's one more unaccounted for. I went off the list at true achievements 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JasonX316 said:

Yea they said they fixed it in the Xbox patch a few days ago. It allowed our progress tracker to increase but now it's stuck at 96%. I know the boat kill is glitched but kind of figuring there's one more unaccounted for. I went off the list at true achievements 

 

It's awesome Xbox gets a progress tracker, wish PS4 would incorporate that. I've heard the same thing about the boat kill, I guess it was a thing in the beta but it's glitched in the release. I just find it baffling that there has been 5 patch updates for FT13 on PS4 and a simple trophy fix still can't be included in them. Not sure why the development team couldn't just earn all the trophies themselves to test if they work, guess they couldn't be bothered. If they don't want to pay employees to do that, contact me FT13 Devs, I'll do it for free.

Anyway, I just pray to God that this doesn't reflect the skill level of the developers at Gun Media. I also pray that they don't turn into Overkill Studios and end up fixing "A Ph.D in Murder" but glitching other trophies as the result of the patch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't be investing a penny in this game until this trophy/achievement is fixed i'm afraid. The least I expect to commit to investment is developer competence: enough to code a trophy/achievement list at least. The game seems very good and it's pretty unique and I would like to buy it the second this trophy is confirmed fixed.

I think you guys are INFINITELY more obliged to fix this issue than other developers are: the whole game was made with fans cash and we made it's inception possible. It's almost verging on scandalous and farcical that there even is a glitched trophy in the first place for this reason alone. 
What makes it worse is the fact that you guys offered fans to make a trophy/achievement bundle if they donated over $2000...so you are well aware of the concept of trophies/achievements. If I donated $2000 and then one of my trophies I came up with was glitched..I'd be banging on your door night and day demanding a full refund. It's just not good enough for a game that is entirely funded by fans. 

Please fix the trophy/achievement Gun Media. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Potent said:

I won't be investing a penny in this game until this trophy/achievement is fixed i'm afraid. The least I expect to commit to investment is developer competence: enough to code a trophy/achievement list at least. The game seems very good and it's pretty unique and I would like to buy it the second this trophy is confirmed fixed.

I think you guys are INFINITELY more obliged to fix this issue than other developers are: the whole game was made with fans cash and we made it's inception possible. It's almost verging on scandalous and farcical that there even is a glitched trophy in the first place for this reason alone. 
What makes it worse is the fact that you guys offered fans to make a trophy/achievement bundle if they donated over $2000...so you are well aware of the concept of trophies/achievements. If I donated $2000 and then one of my trophies I came up with was glitched..I'd be banging on your door night and day demanding a full refund. It's just not good enough for a game that is entirely funded by fans. 

Please fix the trophy/achievement Gun Media. 

well Don't buy it period if you Don't wanna support it now we don't need ur money later....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is a great game when everything works right and I stress WHEN it works right. I normally don't ever play a game until someone has all the achievements or trophies. I made a exception for this game because F13 is my peanut butter and jam, but I would like to finish this game. I'm sitting at 96% for A PhD in murder and I've killed all 7 counselors and tommy Jarvis at least 6-7 times, so the One for Good Measure achievement is glitched also. I've tried to email them and I never got a response. I know their very busy but i just wanted to know if they knew about the  issue. Hopefully a future patch will fix everything. And us Xbox users are still waiting for our free Shit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Potent said:

I won't be investing a penny in this game until this trophy/achievement is fixed i'm afraid. The least I expect to commit to investment is developer competence: enough to code a trophy/achievement list at least. The game seems very good and it's pretty unique and I would like to buy it the second this trophy is confirmed fixed.

I think you guys are INFINITELY more obliged to fix this issue than other developers are: the whole game was made with fans cash and we made it's inception possible. It's almost verging on scandalous and farcical that there even is a glitched trophy in the first place for this reason alone. 
What makes it worse is the fact that you guys offered fans to make a trophy/achievement bundle if they donated over $2000...so you are well aware of the concept of trophies/achievements. If I donated $2000 and then one of my trophies I came up with was glitched..I'd be banging on your door night and day demanding a full refund. It's just not good enough for a game that is entirely funded by fans. 

Please fix the trophy/achievement Gun Media. 

Sucks to spend $40 on a game that is full of glitches. I feel like they should have delayed the launch of the game, but then again if they wouldn't bother to test the trophies, I doubt they'd bother to test much at all.

 

4 hours ago, undertaker9999 said:

well Don't buy it period if you Don't wanna support it now we don't need ur money later....

I'm happy you aren't affiliated with Gun Media, if you were you'd most likely make the game company go bankrupt.

 

1 hour ago, JasonX316 said:

It really is a great game when everything works right and I stress WHEN it works right. I normally don't ever play a game until someone has all the achievements or trophies. I made a exception for this game because F13 is my peanut butter and jam, but I would like to finish this game. I'm sitting at 96% for A PhD in murder and I've killed all 7 counselors and tommy Jarvis at least 6-7 times, so the One for Good Measure achievement is glitched also. I've tried to email them and I never got a response. I know their very busy but i just wanted to know if they knew about the  issue. Hopefully a future patch will fix everything. And us Xbox users are still waiting for our free Shit. 

I'm the same as you, normally I don't trust indie developers because they're known for glitched trophies and never fixing them. I purchased the game because I trusted Gun Media will fix it, but now I have my doubts. I realize they're busy, but I see them responding to tweets and other posts made on this forum, they're ignoring this issue. None of the admins even bothered to post anything here like, "Fix will be included in next patch" or "This fix is in the works". I hear Xbox One users have had it the worst, at least on PS4 the game is somewhat stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Xbox users got our update today. Wasn't worth what I read through yesterday but glad they did what they did. I ran across my first glitcher today and it ruined the game. Went 5/6 but he was by a rock on the packanack map, near where the boat spawns but out in the water. He was standing out there and I swam but Jason would never step out the water like he was able to. So I couldn't get him, he timed it out. I sent a nasty message and now my account is banned until tomm. Been a member with Xbox since 2005. Never had any problems until this game came out unfortunately. I love it to death but a lot of players and some members of this community have tarnished this for me. I'll be glad to have the single player update. I'm going to step away for a few weeks. Hopefully these issues with the achievements, quitters, and host migration get resolved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JasonX316 said:

Xbox users got our update today. Wasn't worth what I read through yesterday but glad they did what they did. I ran across my first glitcher today and it ruined the game. Went 5/6 but he was by a rock on the packanack map, near where the boat spawns but out in the water. He was standing out there and I swam but Jason would never step out the water like he was able to. So I couldn't get him, he timed it out. I sent a nasty message and now my account is banned until tomm. Been a member with Xbox since 2005. Never had any problems until this game came out unfortunately. I love it to death but a lot of players and some members of this community have tarnished this for me. I'll be glad to have the single player update. I'm going to step away for a few weeks. Hopefully these issues with the achievements, quitters, and host migration get resolved. 

Sucks to hear what happened to you, idiots out there just want to ruin the experience for everyone else. It also doesn't help that the game is riddled with bugs, so at the moment, the game is a train wreck. By the time the developers actually fully fix the game, the player base will have dwindled so much, everyone is just going to move on. 

 

Trophy wise, FT13's FB has made a few replies to some of the comments left on their post. They're insinuating that we haven't found all the kills yet but that they'll review the trophy. I can't stress enough how wrong they are, Steam has unlocked this trophy because they fixed it for them. So there's either a glitched kill, progress is resetting, or they're right and console has some exclusive kill. I think I'll put my money on that fact that it's glitched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I appreciate that. Yea it's just been a bad few days with some of these people in quick matches but I learned my lesson today. I've also been having a lot of problems with grabbing a counselor, performing a execution then somehow I'm still holding the counselor and I either have to walk in the water or get hit to release them. Been real frustrating but I keep coming back to it. Yea I got to say, I'm 100% sure the achievement is glitched. Me and a buddy went over everything we could find for days and I just don't think there is some hidden kill either. But the One for Good Measure achievement is glitched for sure. I don't know if they have acknowledged that or not. Yea I hope you are able to get the trophy but I think it will require a future patch for both systems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely glitched, not one single person on Xbox One or Playstation 4 has it, like many others I have gone over all the known kills many times just to be sure and still nothing. The fixed the torpedo badge but in doing so removed the kill for the boat in the process. It has been stated already that there definitely is a kill on pc for this like mentioned in the badge before it was patched " Kill a counselor while they are on the boat". All they did was change the requirements for the badge so now it is just knocking out of the boat, they did not fix the kill in question.

I really don't understand why they would say they fixed the PHD in murder achievement/trophy in the patch notes when it still looks like it is bugged for consoles. I really doubt there is some unknown kill that hundreds of thousands of players can not find on consoles yet players on pc have already unlocked early on in its release, has to be glitched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JasonX316 said:

Hey I appreciate that. Yea it's just been a bad few days with some of these people in quick matches but I learned my lesson today. I've also been having a lot of problems with grabbing a counselor, performing a execution then somehow I'm still holding the counselor and I either have to walk in the water or get hit to release them. Been real frustrating but I keep coming back to it. Yea I got to say, I'm 100% sure the achievement is glitched. Me and a buddy went over everything we could find for days and I just don't think there is some hidden kill either. But the One for Good Measure achievement is glitched for sure. I don't know if they have acknowledged that or not. Yea I hope you are able to get the trophy but I think it will require a future patch for both systems. 

Yeah, I'd laugh if they tried say "But the One for Good Measure" isn't glitched on Xbox One.

 

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=921968&anchor=7224360#m7224360

Here's a post saying that they're getting ignored by the Devs about the same issue as us.

13 hours ago, Geometrek said:

Definitely glitched, not one single person on Xbox One or Playstation 4 has it, like many others I have gone over all the known kills many times just to be sure and still nothing. The fixed the torpedo badge but in doing so removed the kill for the boat in the process. It has been stated already that there definitely is a kill on pc for this like mentioned in the badge before it was patched " Kill a counselor while they are on the boat". All they did was change the requirements for the badge so now it is just knocking out of the boat, they did not fix the kill in question.

I really don't understand why they would say they fixed the PHD in murder achievement/trophy in the patch notes when it still looks like it is bugged for consoles. I really doubt there is some unknown kill that hundreds of thousands of players can not find on consoles yet players on pc have already unlocked early on in its release, has to be glitched. 

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/438740/achievements

The trophy for get a sleeping bag kill is more rare than Ph.D in Murder!!

I wonder if they removed the kill and didn't update the trophy requirements. I guess when they said they fixed it, they just fixed the fact that the kills kept resetting. If it's not fixed by next update, I'm really going to start worrying that they'll never fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FT13Fanatic said:

Yeah, I'd laugh if they tried say "But the One for Good Measure" isn't glitched on Xbox One.

 

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=921968&anchor=7224360#m7224360

Here's a post saying that they're getting ignored by the Devs about the same issue as us.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/438740/achievements

The trophy for get a sleeping bag kill is more rare than Ph.D in Murder!!

I wonder if they removed the kill and didn't update the trophy requirements. I guess when they said they fixed it, they just fixed the fact that the kills kept resetting. If it's not fixed by next update, I'm really going to start worrying that they'll never fix it.

Funny that the sleeping bag kill is rarer than PH.D in Murder on Pc, good find. :lol: Maybe PC players just never hid in the tents? 

I reckon you could be spot on about removing the kill but not updating the trophy/achievement requirements, they did definitely fix the Xbox tracking for the all the kills, the max people have got is 96%.That is one thing I really think Sony should bring in an update, is tracking of trophies, it really is a great feature on Xbox and it sucks trying to keep a track of trophies like 1000 matches etc. 

That is what I am dreading the most is that the trophy/achievement is never fixed, I like to complete every game I get so it would really suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...