Dyson350

Would rather not get a free NES Jason reskin and buy a legit NES Jason instead

Being just a skin kind of sucks but I wasn't hoping for or expecting more. Though maybe an update with unique strengths and weaknesses would be fun down the road but whatever. It's not a big deal for me. I'm happy to have the skin however quickly thrown together it may have been.

My only complaint is he appears as the regular Part 3 in the opening and closing cutscenes. I'm hoping we get proper cutscenes down the road but again, it's just a reskin of Part 3.

I should also mention I like the music but it doesn't really instil fear in people. It's pretty laid back. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

The official NES Jason toy looks a lot like part 3 Jason. Axe and all.

JASON TOY.jpg

If only Atlus knew the impact they'd have on this game almost three decades later. . .

10 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

The official NES Jason toy looks a lot like part 3 Jason. Axe and all.

JASON TOY.jpg

Where exactly did Jason find those shoes?  #mystery

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CatherineWalk said:

Where exactly did Jason find those shoes?  #mystery

IMG_2063.PNG

5 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

Being just a skin kind of sucks but I wasn't hoping for or expecting more. Though maybe an update with unique strengths and weaknesses would be fun down the road but whatever. It's not a big deal for me. I'm happy to have the skin however quickly thrown together it may have been.

My only complaint is he appears as the regular Part 3 in the opening and closing cutscenes. I'm hoping we get proper cutscenes down the road but again, it's just a reskin of Part 3.

I should also mention I like the music but it doesn't really instil fear in people. It's pretty laid back. 

Yeah I was super excited to play with him. And then it came. And I saw him. And the look totally took me out of the game

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

In game (left) - Toy (right)

Retro Jason Face.jpg

Damn even back in the day they nailed it with that toy. Very nice.

I don't mind that the retro Jason is an another skin for part 3 and even the same weapon, but it wouldn't hurt that the purple suit Voorhees would have different abilities than mister Brooker's classic take on Jason.

Just a suggestion, though.

The cut scene and lobby icon is the only thing that bothers me and I think they said the cutscene was a mistake and that it would be fixed, unless I misheard. 

1 hour ago, weirdkid5 said:

Damn even back in the day they nailed it with that toy. Very nice.

Back in the day? It was only 4 years ago!

2 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

Back in the day? It was only 4 years ago!

Figured the toy was made around the same time as the game.

2 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

In game (left) - Toy (right)

Retro Jason Face.jpg

Looks like a reskin of part 3 was all that was needed. Although, his own strengths and weaknesses would be nice.

Would say an exclusive kill but we saw how that worked out.

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Looks like a reskin of part 3 was all that was needed. Although, his own strengths and weaknesses would be nice.

Would say an exclusive kill but we saw how that worked out.

I'm okay with the look and music, but would be nice if I could have him in standard random rotation along with part 3. Hoping more for Pamela, and parts 4, 5, and 10.

Then there will be no more available, and I'll be sad.

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I'm okay with the look and music, but would be nice if I could have him in standard random rotation along with part 3. Hoping more for Pamela, and parts 4, 5, and 10.

Yeah, I wish there was an option to "tick" certain characters on and off the random selection. For instance, I'd like to play as part 3, 6, or 9 but I want it to be random. So i uncheck the other Jasons from the list and i'll spawn as one of those i mentioned before. Same goes for counselors.

I believe it was @Ban_All_Music who made a suggestion about that.

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Then there will be no more available, and I'll be sad.

We'll get part 4, 5, and pre and post uber Jason for sure. Pamela is unlikely. But there could be more Jasons coming along with "skins" like the LJN Jason.

After all, Savini is an original design. I don't see what's stopping them from making more.

@Kashyyyk please refrain from double posting. I have merged your posts, if you want to add onto something without conversation in between please use the edit button instead.

10 hours ago, Retro Edge said:

I would wish nothing more and I wish them all the luck and success in the future of this game. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I want to support it as hard as I can and would buy everything that they have to offer. I respect what these guys did with this franchise and I have the multiplayer fun of my life with it, I'm just disappointed in this thrown away opportunity and really think it could make them look even worse as they were before and I don't want that. I just can't understand why they do that so "half-assed" instead of doing it right with 2 more weeks waiting time. Nobody expected this gift, it was announced one day before so nobody knew that something like this would come anyway and therefore they could've used as much time as they needed. It's just sad.

While I loved everything you said in said quote you must know that a done "right" nes jason would have taken a hell of a lot longer than 2 weeks to create him. Wes has said in past that each jason in game took months each one 2 create so your "done right" nes jason may in theory would have been available by say idk early September. 

16 minutes ago, BigJVOOREES said:

While I loved everything you said in said quote you must know that a done "right" nes jason would have taken a hell of a lot longer than 2 weeks to create him. Wes has said in past that each jason in game took months each one 2 create so your "done right" nes jason may in theory would have been available by say idk early September. 

I would be ok with this and also paying for him. I've wanted NES Jason from the start. 

I'd rather have more maps and more content then a reskin jason free or not, we have too many jasons and counselors that i'm starting to get bored of the whole game lack of maps is the problem.

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I'd rather have more maps and more content then a reskin jason free or not, we have too many jasons and counselors that i'm starting to get bored of the whole game lack of maps is the problem.

I have no issues with only 3 maps. The maps aren't what make the game fun to me, its the gameplay. If they add a map that would be great but with that mindset it will get old just the same within a week or so.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:57 PM, dandop1984 said:

Wow 

I can't imagine what it's like buying you a Christmas or birthday present. 

???