Dyson350

Would rather not get a free NES Jason reskin and buy a legit NES Jason instead

Was hyped for NES Jason but I would much rather have a unique version rather than just a reskin.

• Like 3

I'd prefer if it were $6 just like savini Jason. I like the idea of paying people for their work. Gun has done a phenomenal job with this game from the start. I'd like to continue supporting them and their team

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MyNameJeff said:

But.. Isn't the NES Jason based off of Part 3?...

Debatable, the cover art is of Part 7 Jason.

He does look more like Part 3 in game though.

Personally I would've bought this Jason if it was unique as well. But this will suffice.

Would you really want them to be spending a lot of time making a new Jason rather than spending time fixing their damn game?

• Like 1

Yup I pay money to play nice smooth running games I care less about skins or characters so I vote neither. 

1 hour ago, SlyJJ said:

I'd prefer if it were $6 just like savini Jason. I like the idea of paying people for their work. Gun has done a phenomenal job with this game from the start. I'd like to continue supporting them and their team

Someone must be playing a different game than I

1 hour ago, carnage4u said:

I'm sure that is coming. Just accept your Free item.

No, I don't want to accept that "free item". This "free item" is not a gift or a thank you to us, it's a robbery. They could have worked a few weeks on this Jason to make him great, as a single character, with own kills, own character slot & real nes clothes but what did they do? They decided to not do that, they decided to go the cheap half assed way and to cobble this mess together as fast as possible and taking the chance from us to EVER get a real NES Jason. They took that from the game forever and now we have to live with that half ass skin that magically transforms back in standard Friday 3 Jason in cutscenes. What a mess. I wish this "free item" would never have happen.

Thank you @GunMedia_Ben.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

The official NES Jason toy looks a lot like part 3 Jason. Axe and all.

JASON TOY.jpg

Guess that settles that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

No, I don't want to accept that "free item".

That's cool, then don't.

Man, that was an easy solution. I don't know why this thread is 13 posts long!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

No, I don't want to accept that "free item". This "free item" is not a gift or a thank you to us, it's a robbery. They could have worked a few weeks on this Jason to make him great, as a single character, with own kills, own character slot & real nes clothes but what did they do? They decided to not do that, they decided to go the cheap half assed way and to cobble this mess together as fast as possible and taking the chance from us to EVER get a real NES Jason. They took that from the game forever and now we have to live with that half ass skin that magically transforms back in standard Friday 3 Jason in cutscenes. What a mess. I wish this "free item" would never have happen.

Thank you @GunMedia_Ben.

Wow 

I can't imagine what it's like buying you a Christmas or birthday present. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, FlameRiderSD said:

retro edge who even said they wouldnt do another version besides this has its own music

And the music is way too quiet.

Because we have NES Jason now, a shitty one, a very very poor one, they will not do another one and put it in the game that is against every videogame and/or developer logic. I'm a gamer for over 20 years now and that's how stuff like this works.  They tried it, they tried to do something good for us but they half assed it and ruined it. Now NES Jason as a character is done, burned. They will move on to other stuff.

8 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

And the music is way too quiet.

Because we have NES Jason now, a shitty one, a very very poor one, they will not do another one and put it in the game that is against every videogame and/or developer logic. I'm a gamer for over 20 years now and that's how stuff like this works.  They tried it, they tried to do something good for us but they half assed it and ruined it. Now NES Jason as a character is done, burned. They will move on to other stuff.

While I think your attitude stinks, you make some fair points. It is after all, a recolour, a reskin. While retro NES Jason could have been a 3D model with a pixel art texture. Or even a voxel model, that would have been amazing.

While I'd personally rather pay for a fantastic new playable Jason, I can see why they've done this, it makes total sense. And it was really nice of them to do so.

I'm most excited about rolling perks galore and the new beats by Mitch Murder. Awesome.

• Like 1

I gotta say, I'm disappointed. Several things are wrong with the "Retro" Jason.

I really like that he has his own 8-bit music. It's actually a lot creepier than I would have thought. I would have liked for them to incorporate some of the music from the game itself. Who knows why they didn't do it, but it's not a big deal. Not being able to hear the music when playing him is a bummer.

I'm fine with it being just a re-skin. It's cheap and easy to do, and Jason 3 is a great match. I would rather they added him to the list of Jasons instead of having to click a different button to change an existing one. I like scrolling through all my different Jasons, not cycling through them, then swapping Jason 3's skin. It cheapens the "Retro" Jason. I have to put "Retro" in quotes because it doesn't exist. The name doesn't change. As is, it's just Jason 3 in an NES Jason costume.

I'm fine with him having the exact same Strengths, Weaknesses, and kills. I would rather he had different Stats (even one different stat to make him unique), or a machete. Way too many axes for a machete killer. Hell, Jason's killed more people with harpoons than axes, and I don't see any harpoon guns in this game, but that's a different can of worms.

I'm not cool with the icon for "Retro" Jason in the lobby being the same as Jason 3's. I really don't like that the cut scenes weren't changed, so it looks like the person is playing Jason 3 from the lobby and the cut scenes because they were too lazy to do a color swap. This further cheapens "Retro" Jason. You see Jason 3, then it's actually "Retro" Jason. It ruins the whole experience.

I would have gladly paid for a real Retro Jason. The one we got was free, and it looks and feels free. I hate to say it, but the more I think about it, the more I wish they hadn't bothered at all, if this is the end result. Just a couple changes and I would've been head over heels in excitement. As is, I'm just kind of meh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redmarble said:

dear god retro edge; get a grip...seriously..chill !

I am chilled, I'm just speaking the truth.

NES Jason is burned now and in the end, this half assed update will hurt them more as it gives them positive things.

This free update was a mistake.

4 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

I am chilled, I'm just speaking the truth.

NES Jason is burned now and in the end, this half assed update will hurt them more as it gives them positive things.

This free update was a mistake.

It's one thing to be honest, be a straight shooter, not sugar the pill.  But there's no need to create such negativity when posting. It sucks, but all Xbox One players were affected, so suck it up and come and play with us while you wait.

We're getting free content here and we dodged a bullet by the sounds of it. Steam and PS4 users are reporting more issues since the update. Maybe we'll bypass all the issues and get a more solid NES Jason content update. 

1 hour ago, Slashin' Passion said:

It's one thing to be honest, be a straight shooter, not sugar the pill.  But there's no need to create such negativity when posting. It sucks, but all Xbox One players were affected, so suck it up and come and play with us while you wait.

We're getting free content here and we dodged a bullet by the sounds of it. Steam and PS4 users are reporting more issues since the update. Maybe we'll bypass all the issues and get a more solid NES Jason content update. 

I would wish nothing more and I wish them all the luck and success in the future of this game. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I want to support it as hard as I can and would buy everything that they have to offer. I respect what these guys did with this franchise and I have the multiplayer fun of my life with it, I'm just disappointed in this thrown away opportunity and really think it could make them look even worse as they were before and I don't want that. I just can't understand why they do that so "half-assed" instead of doing it right with 2 more weeks waiting time. Nobody expected this gift, it was announced one day before so nobody knew that something like this would come anyway and therefore they could've used as much time as they needed. It's just sad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThePainkiller said:

Someone must be playing a different game than I

Perhaps. Many here cry so much they can't see what they're playing past their own tears...