Sign in to follow this  
RKSDooM

A (Mostly) Calm Plea for Better Communication and Foresight

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Amazing insight, Powell. Thank you for that. :P

(Obvious sarcasm is obvious.)

Gee, Bears, thanks for explaining this to the rest of us, Captain Obvious Sarcasm! Hahaha

2 hours ago, 2fast4u said:

ben doesnt care what u or i think. ben cares about his money

Please stop 2fast... this is getting ridiculous and you are intentionally  contributing to a negative experience for other forum members, including myself, with all of your hostility.  There are plenty of people who are upset about the game that manage to express themselves in adult, respectful ways,  including many people in this thread. 

I get it – you're furious. You feel that there is a conspiracy and that there are lies and greed going on here rather than an honest attempt for a small company to continually repair and improve a game they are clearly very passionate about.  We get your position. I even sympathize with you regarding some of the things you've said. But posting comments like this or repeating the same negative points over and over and over achieves nothing but a lousy experience for people who are here to really enjoy the game and the community. 

I'm trying to be respectful - I hope you realize that. I've honestly thought about leaving the forum just because of all the negativity here over such small things – over a little silly video game no less. I've got real problems in the world, real things to deal with, and maybe I'm going to sound entitled by saying this, but I feel should be able to come here for an escape. Disagreements and debates are welcome! I don't care if people agree with me or disagree with me, and I don't care if people have real, genuine problems with the game and its release and want to express them. But what you're doing is not debate. It is trolling and flaming, pure and simple, and that is against the rules of this forum.  Similarly, attacking administrators and moderators is also a violation of the terms of this forum. 

I realize I am not an administrator or a moderator, and even besides that you have no reason or duty to listen to me or  even consider what I say. I'm just a forum member who hopes that you can take a look at how you're approaching your contributions and consider the enjoyment of your fellow community members. 

Alternatively, maybe just do yourself a favor and step away from the forum and the game for a while, since it is causing you so much stress. I'm sure you're really nice guy in person, and maybe we're just catching you at a bad moment. I'm sorry that things with the game haven't gone the way you hoped.  But I have faith that you can consider what you have to say and not let your anger affect others who have no control over the situation.  I'm not even trying to single you out, though I know it looks like it – I say this for everybody who is taking things too far and losing perspective of what I consider the big picture, which is enjoying each other and enjoying the game.  Anyway, thanks for reading and sorry that was so long!!!?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bigfoot said:

Gee, Bears, thanks for explaining this to the rest of us, Captain Obvious Sarcasm! Hahaha

What? Guys come on seriously my brain hurts from some of these!

5 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

What? Guys come on seriously my brain hurts from some of these!

VsdmFpm0sIjAMNSH2P9kE8GVxpu8GtUFmkUCQZHV

2 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Its a shame because @RKSDooM really knocked it out of the park and I can see this getting closed because of some of the comments.

at least it served it's purpose. if it dies it dies. (insert dolph meme here)

Great post OP.

and @JPops your response was also spot on.

im just gonna put my two cents in. I'm not mad that a free update got delayed. But I am mad that the devs couldn't tell us that the patch was rejected by Microsoft earlier in the day. Instead they waited until 7 eastern time to basically tell 1/3 of their fan base that the other two platforms are getting the patch and they don't know when the Xbox will get it.

THAT is what ticks me off. Now with that being said idk if their are any NDAs with Microsoft's certification process, and if there are then I can understand the late info.

But after the other patch was delayed for 5 days, then the we are sorry update gets delayed, it just feels like the Xbox version is that unwanted step child.

And I know that's not the case.

I'm being as patient as I can be, but I'll be honest, after the huge clusterfuck that was the Master Chief Collection, my patience is VERY thin when it comes to games that don't work for multiple weeks post launch.

Short of it is; mistakes were made. We believed that the slight content update would go through. This memory leak is tricky as it is seemingly random. It's a known issue that we ran into on day 1 and remains as such. Our team is grabbing people left and right with expertise, but it takes time. The patch for XB1 was only to include the skin swap and music and did not change anything else. Still, the memory leak issue chose to propagate and it's hard to detect things when we can't get specific data on why that's occurring. 

Did we jump the gun? Absolutely. 

We will ensure that communication is better. This never should have happened and frankly we're all pissed at ourselves as well. We know the backlash is justified and our team is working hard to get things to a state where people are arguing about gameplay and not performance. 

We are doing that, I promise you. We are bringing more people in, more experience and are ramping things up. We were a Kickstarted-game that blew up way past projections. I can't wait to get more info to you guys, but we aren't twiddling our thumbs. These things take time and we kinda got a bit eager to get you guys something that we hope everyone can enjoy to let you know we hear you and we're working. 

And the delayed announcement on XB1 was that we were waiting for final word from MS. Shortly after we knew, we posted up. Yes, it came down to the wire. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Short of it is; mistakes were made. We believed that the slight content update would go through. This memory leak is tricky as it is seemingly random. It's a known issue that we ran into on day 1 and remains as such. Our team is grabbing people left and right with expertise, but it takes time. The patch for XB1 was only to include the skin swap and music and did not change anything else. Still, the memory leak issue chose to propagate and it's hard to detect things when we can't get specific data on why that's occurring. 

We will ensure that communication is better. This never should have happened and frankly we're all pissed at ourselves as well. We know the backlash is justified and our team is working hard to get things to a state where people are arguing about gameplay and not performance. 

We are doing that, I promise you. We are bringing more people in, more experience and are ramping things up. We were a Kickstarted-game that blew up way past projections. I can't wait to get more info to you guys, but we aren't twiddling our thumbs. These things take time and we kinda got a bit eager to get you guys something that we hope everyone can enjoy to let you know we hear you and we're working. 

Thank you for responding. Any response, even is its bad news, is better than no response.

Hopefully you guys can get the Xbox version up to speed with little to no crashes very soon!

2 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

And the delayed announcement on XB1 was that we were waiting for final word from MS. Shortly after we knew, we posted up. Yes, it came down to the wire. 

This is exactly what myself and most others want to hear. You came on here, owned up and provided reasons why it happened this way with a promise of better communication. I really do appreciate this and please consider letting us know about a mess up. I think most would let it slide without much backlash at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skynyrd said:

This is exactly what myself and most others want to hear. You came on here, owned up and provided reasons why it happened this way with a promise of better communication. I really do appreciate this and please consider letting us know about a mess up. I think most would let it slide without much backlash at all.

Agreed.

@GunMedia_Ben 

Thank you very much for taking the time to make that statement, it genuinely means a lot that you did so.

11 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Is it me or does this post feel like a crock of shit?

i need a Beer a tall boy! 

I see u say this many times on here and I have to ask what is a tall boy?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davidt said:

25 ounce can of beer you can get in a convenience store.  They usually come as singles or packs of 3 here.

Image result for budweiser tall boy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr B DDS said:

25 ounce can of beer you can get in a convenience store.  They usually come as singles or packs of 3 here.

Image result for budweiser tall boy

Yeah don't think we get beers quite that big in Australia 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Yeah don't think we get beers quite that big in Australia 

Does Fosters sell the "oil can" there?  That's how I normally get it here as it tastes better that way versus bottle (just my opinion).  I prefer Coopers, but can't find it here any more since the one restaurant that had it stopped selling it.

Image result for fosters oil can

1 minute ago, Dr B DDS said:

Does Fosters sell the "oil can" there?  That's how I normally get it here as it tastes better that way versus bottle (just my opinion).  I prefer Coopers, but can't find it here any more since the one restaurant that had it stopped selling it.

Don't think so but I don't really like beer so I'm probably not aware of all the different types we have for sale. Also this is going a bit off topic now 

11 minutes ago, Davidt said:

Don't think so but I don't really like beer so I'm probably not aware of all the different types we have for sale. Also this is going a bit off topic now 

Very much so.  I shall refrain from posting further about booze.  Carry on!  B)

9 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I respect that you've replied to this poster. It is truly a great original post and I honestly feel he represented everyone across all consoles, despite him being a XBOX player (at least that is what I believe he is). Communication is definitely a big problem thus far, but I can't help but feel that there is a bigger issue plaguing Gun or Illfonic. It is impossible for us as a consumer to know exactly, but I suspect Gun, Illfonic or both are well aware of the internal problem. I speculate that the problem lies with the decision maker(s), whoever is calling the shots is costing you your success at the moment. You can't afford any more mishaps and you've got to see by now that its negatively impacting your product. Whoever is saying "Yeah, this is suitable for our customers." is clearly making the wrong decision and needs to push the team.  

Genuinely I believe you had good intentions with your free DLC, however in 2017 the bar is much higher and people very clearly understand quality content. When a product is released simply as reskins, we do not see that as quality. In conjunction with the amount of problems players have experienced this displays a huge lack of effort because the product looks cheap. It's unfortunate, because in reality, I know the team probably worked very hard. You have to understand, perhaps, if F13 had not experienced any problems up until now this wouldn't be an issue, but at this point we are expecting top quality for any content release due to the amount of time its been since release and its price point but MOST importantly because of the amount of problems we've gone through since release and are still here. A new cosmetic sweater, Jason, sneakers, etc. that uses the same model as before just isn't enough at this point. We want more than whats already in the game for DLC. (As well as the bugs fixed obviously).

I accept your apology. Unfortunately this is the second time I believe there has been a statement of apology, as time goes on this will mean less and less to the community and we will lose any faith in competency we have left the more mishaps like this happen. The community wants quality results and at this stage the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior and that is very very unfortunate for everyone.

1 hour ago, Davidt said:

Damn man now you got me thinking of beer and it's only noon!!!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

You're not wrong. I had to restart my game several weeks in because FUCKING TINKER TOM WOULDN'T TALK TO ME ABOUT THE GODDAMN BALLISTIC FIBER.

Please tell me that worked for you in the end. Strolling around in the post-apocalypse in a natty blue hat, suit and tie all boosted up massively with ballistic fiber is a simple joy in my Fallout 4 life.

• Like 1