ThePainkiller

So You Guys Knew XB1 Was Screwed?

29 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

Yeah but this is an exponentially smaller game. Its one mode on three maps...

With 70,000 people overloading servers trying to be managed by about 4 people. Yeah, way different beast.

GTAV also made a BILLION dollars in 3 days and with a proper sized dev team. Absolutely NO excuse for why GTAO launch was so disgusting. But, mistakes happen. Gun is no different.

Just give them some time, just like Rockstar needed some.

• Like 1

My question about this whole thing is are any of the exploits fixed? Is the overall game better?

59 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

My question about this whole thing is are any of the exploits fixed? Is the overall game better?

Short answer no...long answer meh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A.J. Mason said:

My point was simply that Gun has a tiny fraction of the resources available to them than a company like Rockstar. Yes they made money on the game but you can't just throw some money at it and it's magically fixed. Actual people need to do the work to fix it. If there is more work to do than manpower available its gonna take time. 

That doesn't excuse them though. The game clearly should not have been released so early. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

That doesn't excuse them though. The game clearly should not have been released so early. 

That may be true. I'm more interested in looking forward than second guessing a process (making and releasing a video game) I know nothing about. Gun has admitted they have had some missteps throughout this process. I'm sure they have learned from them which will make things that much smoother going forward.

Just now, A.J. Mason said:

That may be true. I'm more interested in looking forward than second guessing a process (making and releasing a video game) I know nothing about. Gun has admitted they have had some missteps throughout this process. I'm sure they have learned from them which will make things that much smoother going forward.

These aren't things they should be learning. There is no excuse for them releasing the game in this state. 

1 minute ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

These aren't things they should be learning. There is no excuse for them releasing the game in this state. 

To each their own. I'm having tons of fun with the game and am willing to cut them slack. You have every right to be frustrated with how things have been handled and not cut them any slack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weirdkid5 said:

With 70,000 people overloading servers trying to be managed by about 4 people. Yeah, way different beast.

The myths you guys believe is astounding lol

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, urbt said:

The myths you guys believe is astounding lol

How many people actually work on this game? Seems ambiguous to me :/

4 minutes ago, Scoundrella said:

How many people actually work on this game? Seems ambiguous to me :/

I think what people do is go on their website and only see 4 or 5 people that work under the Gun Media banner and they assume that's it. Illfonic is the team that is actually doing the game portion. They are a 50 person studio. 

The easiest way I think I can describe this(and I might not be 100%) is look at Wes as a customer...He gets this great idea to make a Friday the 13th game so he contacts Gun Media team. Gun-Wes is a project manager; he gathers the necessary permissions to use the intellectual property of F13, maps out the goals and the game he envisions. Gun-Wes hires Illfonic to make the actual game for them from ground up. 

This is a pretty generic way of looking at gun/illfonic partnership 

33 minutes ago, urbt said:

I think what people do is go on their website and only see 4 or 5 people that work under the Gun Media banner and they assume that's it. Illfonic is the team that is actually doing the game portion. They are a 50 person studio. 

The easiest way I think I can describe this(and I might not be 100%) is look at Wes as a customer...He gets this great idea to make a Friday the 13th game so he contacts Gun Media team. Gun-Wes is a project manager; he gathers the necessary permissions to use the intellectual property of F13, maps out the goals and the game he envisions. Gun-Wes hires Illfonic to make the actual game for them from ground up. 

This is a pretty generic way of looking at gun/illfonic partnership 

No...not how that works. 

Gun is 4 of us. Wes is the Studio Head. IllFonic has around 30 full time staff. That has gone up after launch and will continue to do so. Everyone else worked on contract items that weren't able to be performed by our team. 

Nice avatar. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

No...not how that works. 

Gun is 4 of us. Wes is the Studio Head. IllFonic has around 30 full time staff. That has gone up after launch and will continue to do so. Everyone else worked on contract items that weren't able to be performed by our team. 

Nice avatar. 

Yea I figured as much; its almost like the roles are reversed with this game release due to the nature; usually its the game studio that's out in front taking heat. 

The main point is its not 4 of you guys in a storage unit supporting 3 platforms like a lot of people seem to be under impression. 

ty!

3 minutes ago, urbt said:

Yea I figured as much; its almost like the roles are reversed with this game release due to the nature; usually its the game studio that's out in front taking heat. 

The main point is its not 4 of you guys in a storage unit supporting 3 platforms like a lot of people seem to be under impression. 

ty!

We have a shared office with three small rooms that shares space with a bunch of other small companies in down, if that helps. 

5 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We have a shared office with three small rooms that shares space with a bunch of other small companies in down, if that helps. 

Yea for sure, I just think people picture only you guys all huddled in a place the size of a bedroom trying to fix everything. You got Illfonic, QA people, and other people onboard/coming on board working on all platforms of the game per what Wes said in the other thread. 

14 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I hope when the dust settles you guys are able to take a much deserved vacation. The game has surpassed my expectations! Thanks for all the hard work you guys are putting in. I hope none of the negativity sours any of your love for all things Friday the 13th.

• Like 2

I tried out the new stuff last night and it's nothing to get upset about. No one liked the Retro Jason in our group. We thought it was goofy and many didn't even want to use it. The clothes are cool but just an aesthetic difference, just like the Jason. We played matches like normal. 

I'm sorry for you Xbox guys. It's a bummer and could've been handled better but honestly, this stuff isn't worth getting upset over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VideodromeStereo said:

I tried out the new stuff last night and it's nothing to get upset about. No one liked the Retro Jason in our group. We thought it was goofy and many didn't even want to use it. The clothes are cool but just an aesthetic difference, just like the Jason. We played matches like normal. 

I'm sorry for you Xbox guys. It's a bummer and could've been handled better but honestly, this stuff isn't worth getting upset over.

I'm upset at how sorry the state of the game is and a little pissed they gave us some lame content instead of fixing the multitude of problems the game has. It's like "Yeah, we didn't give you dedicated servers or make the game playable, but we changed the color of some clothes for your characters and added a new tune for your Jason"

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, VideodromeStereo said:

Oh yea its almost a running joke for us; I really aint mad anymore. Its like this :  ofEX5Eg.gif

I am more concerned with stability for xb1. After the most recent patch for me at least its been a vast improvement.

Can someone give me a clear non-bitter response  as to why when I go on Xbox I'm lucky if I get one other player in my lobby. Please try to be nice, I am a newbie when it comes to Xbox. I have no trouble getting into the Xbox game, but when I get there it seems like there's no one there.

Maybe your internet is bad. If it's not that, then it may be the matchmaking issue that F13 is having on Xbox right now. On PS4 I usually get in filled lobbies, but if my connection is bad, It'll throw me in to one by myself and no one else fills it up.

5 minutes ago, Zombie79 said:

Can someone give me a clear non-bitter response  as to why when I go on Xbox I'm lucky if I get one other player in my lobby. Please try to be nice, I am a newbie when it comes to Xbox. I have no trouble getting into the Xbox game, but when I get there it seems like there's no one there.

Zombie my experience is that it is 50/50 to fill up my lobby when I am by myself. I give it a minute and then search again. 

5 hours ago, Kato said:

I wonder if there is anyway i can get a refund so i can buy it on ps4. Every single update/ dlc will always come to xbox late.Thats just how it always seems to work with xbox. I made a huge mistake buying for this console. I really wish i woulda put the 36 levels ive already earned on ps4 

Try level 60 on my primary account at 10 days 22 hours logged. 8 levels on my secondary account and 16 levels on my backup account. 

28 minutes ago, RandallFlagg said:

Try level 60 on my primary account at 10 days 22 hours logged. 8 levels on my secondary account and 16 levels on my backup account. 

Why are you measuring epeen here º_0

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThePainkiller said:

"This was due in part to some instability of the new content AND the memory leak issue mentioned below."

First off, the new content wasnt even stable? I mean...what in the sweet baby Jesus are you doing? Why announce new content if it isnt stable? 

"We’ve narrowed some memory leak crashes down, and we are currently back in certification and are hoping to have the new content out to you just as soon as we can, however, we are not certain when that will be."

Because...you have no idea how to fix it. Isnt that why youve recruited "outside help"? Just tell us the XB version is screwed and youre dropping it so I can get my $ back.

"However, if we fail certification again, we will continue to work on fixes to get this content out ASAP." Which it will fail because you admit you dont know what the problem is...

Youre very excited for XB users to be able to enjoy the new content? How about youre excited that XB users can even complete a match. Amateurs...

Thanks for the clarification, when quoting the Dev/publisher could you link to the source?

It's just a lot easier for those of us that have been asleep and wake up looking for news.