BigJVOOREES

Am I the only one who thinks that the nes jason is stupid

1 minute ago, PixelProtocol said:

It wasn't that they got the colors wrong on NES, the palette was pretty limited. I mean even Batman was purple and off color, Freddy was orange and had an orange and red sweater and a flesh toned claw glove. 

Who am I to argue my pixel palette point with someone called "PixelProtocol" ;) But surely a white hockey mask and green clothes wouldn't have been too far a stretch?

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Who am I to argue my pixel palette point with someone called "PixelProtocol" ;) But surely a white hockey mask and green clothes wouldn't have been too far a stretch?

Touche haha. The green probably would have been a really crazy jell-o green though. I do find it odd though how all of those tie in games on the NES had off colors. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I have 1800 posts I'm a moderator that lurks in the distance 

I got more than u am i also a lurking moderator?

Host private match with strictly no NES Jason problem sorted.

Thread can be locked now.

2 hours ago, Davidt said:

I got more than u am i also a lurking moderator?

14 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I have 1800 posts I'm a moderator that lurks in the distance 

Afraid I'm obligated to say that until you guys get offered the position, neither of you gents are mods :) Don't want someone thinking "oh these guys must be mods as well!", even though it's fairly obvious, I still have to mention it.

I dig Retro Jason(being a huge Nintendo fan)  but after using him once and every subsequent match someone was him I'll main him as soon as the hype dies down(which it will) 

I can't say I'm a fan. It's like putting Adam West's Batman in a Chris Nolan Batman movie. He looks so out of place and goofy, his music is comical, and I laugh when I see him coming and hear that music. He looks like a giant grape on legs.

That's not me putting down all the people who like him and wanted him in the game. I am glad all those fans got their wish. Like all the other Jasons he is not compulsory to use if you don't like him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ste_Wolf said:

I can't say I'm a fan. It's like putting Adam West's Batman in a Chris Nolan Batman movie movie. He looks so out of place and goofy, his music is comical, and I laugh when I see him coming and hear that music. He looks like a giant grape on legs.

That's not me putting down all the people who like him and wanted him in the game. I am glad all those fans got their wish. Like all the other Jasons he is not compulsory to use if you don't like him.

I agree but they have done this. If you play batman arkham city and the other Batman games they have the Adam west in the game. He's a skin but it still out of place for that game, still a nice call back to the batman and it's the same here, I've seen him a few times and laughed so hard but I still love seeing it, I still get hyped when I hear the 8bit music getting louder. 

Agreed. Just been in a game with someone as him. Look rubbish. Shit music. Never gonna use him. Its a shame Ive gotta go against him in future matches and witness how lame he is all over again. Like the new clothes though.

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Agreed. Just been in a game with someone as him. Look rubbish. Shit music. Never gonna use him. Its a shame Ive gotta go against him in future matches and witness how lame he is all over again. Like the new clothes though.

Fair enough if you don't like him but do you really have to put it like that? Could just leave it at "he's not for me". Negativity breeds negativity and all that :)

On a side note how did you get to be a moderator? I remember like a week ago or something you were common folk like us

5 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

On a side note how did you get to be a moderator? I remember like a week ago or something you were common folk like us

I'm still "common folk" :) it's just I've been here quite a while, contributed to the community and have been assisting with highlighting areas where forum rules get broken. I was asked and said yes.

Cool just wondering I inquired about a mod job on another forum but got banned, maybe I worded it wrong 

2 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

Cool just wondering I inquired about a mod job on another forum but got banned, maybe I worded it wrong 

A lot of forums don't like it when you "apply". It's immediately a red flag for them.

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

A lot of forums don't like it when you "apply". It's immediately a red flag for them.

To be fair it wasn't really like I applied I simply said the mods on that particular forum were a bunch of [Omitted - Less of that!] and that I could a better a job, then asked where I could inquire 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

To be fair it wasn't really like I applied I simply said the mods on that particular forum were a bunch of Nazis and that I could a better a job, then asked where I could inquire 

It was probably the [Omitted] comment xD

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

To be fair it wasn't really like I applied I simply said the mods on that particular forum were a bunch of [Omitted] and that I could a better a job, then asked where I could inquire 

:lol::lol::lol:

See I guess that word is frowned upon. I wasn't calling anyone here that nor had any intention on using it in any other context other than this particular story just so you know. Who omitted the comment by the way? I always wondered why they had such a problem with that, please pm me if you don't mind as I'm curious.

6 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

See I guess that word is frowned upon. I wasn't calling anyone here that nor had any intention on using it in any other context other than this particular story just so you know. Who omitted the comment by the way? I always wondered why they had such a problem with that, please pm me if you don't mind as I'm curious.

It's just the possible implications for anyone who may have issues with it :) It could incite arguments amongst other members so its best to avoid using it.

I am not a fan of the NES Jason skin at all. I didn't like that game back in the day, and I think the skin looks out of place in this game.

That being said, I understand how there are nostalgic fans that love using it and wanted it added, and kudos to Gun for obliging them.

I just wish that I wasn't forced to play in matches with it. You can't choose what Jason type others pick though. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, JohnnyKapow said:

I am not a fan of the NES Jason skin at all. I didn't like that game back in the day, and I think the skin looks out of place in this game.

That being said, I understand how there are nostalgic fans that love using it and wanted it added, and kudos to Gun for obliging them.

I just wish that I wasn't forced to play in matches with it. You can't choose what Jason type others pick though. It is what it is.

Once the novelty wears off I'm sure we'll go back to seeing the normal jasons.

I could take or leave it, at the end of the day it's just a color swap really ain't it so really it's a purple jason 3. 

I just logged into the game on PS4 and I only have the regular Jasons. Also don't have the new outfits for the counsellors. 

Went to the PS store page and there weren't any free downloads there either.

Am I missing something?