BigJVOOREES

Am I the only one who thinks that the nes jason is stupid

1 minute ago, DeltaVenom said:

P.s. You count as a millennial, most think those that are 18-25 are millennials but that's because the word has been poorly used for years. Millennial = someone who became an adult, age wise, around the year 2000. Just some info for everyone out there that uses the term poorly :)

That's why I changed my age. I'm from the medieval times. I was a an awesome wizard. 

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

That's why I changed my age. I'm from the medieval times. I was a an awesome wizard. 

fireball ! 

Just now, shwag said:

fireball ! 

I just summoned Dragon's to do that. I was a lazy wizard. 

1 hour ago, BigJVOOREES said:

I'm sorry I loved the nes game. Back in 89!!!! Not in 2017. I'm really not looking forward to this bullshit cause it will completely ruin my immersion in game when a fucking purple jason is chasing me to some 8bit chase music. Fucking stupid!!! 

I completely agree with you. I think it does hurt immersion, and I thought the NES game was a terrible cheesefest that was evidentally made by people who weren't F13 fans, they couldn't even get the palette colours correct (and now that shoddiness is being tributed!! lol)

People have been banging on about his inclusion since the very first days of the Kickstarter campaign though, so I can understand why he has been added. Personally, I doubt I will ever use him. If it becomes a too cheesy and annoying experience, I'll probably just leave lobbies/games where people have chosen him. I can see him being utilised by trolls that enjoy f**king about. It's a bit like having a cartoon character in a GTA gameworld. Doesn't fit for me.   

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I just summoned Dragon's to do that. I was a lazy wizard. 

i prefer werebears, not to over the top but will maul that shit out of parties worse then that bear rape scene in that leo movie   

6 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

I completely agree with you. I think it does hurt immersion, and I thought the NES game was a terrible cheesefest that was evidentally made by people who weren't F13 fans, they couldn't even get the palette colours correct (and now that shoddiness is being tributed!! lol)

People have been banging on about his inclusion since the very first days of the Kickstarter campaign though, so I can understand why he has been added. Personally, I doubt I will ever use him. If it becomes a too cheesy and annoying experience, I'll probably just leave lobbies/games where people have chosen him. I can see him being utilised by trolls that enjoy f**king about. It's a bit like having a cartoon character in a GTA gameworld. Doesn't fit for me.   

was any movie tie in game in that year or up to the 90's ever really accurate though. it was nes for gods sake lol  

3 minutes ago, shwag said:

i prefer werebears, not to over the top but will maul that shit out of parties worse then that bear rape scene in that leo movie   

Manbearpig, that's the guy I summon when I just wanna watch the world burn

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Manbearpig, that's the guy I summon when I just wanna watch the world burn

yeah that dude tears that shit down like a kegger at prom night. 

@shwag I've merged two of your double posts. Please be wary when adding new content :)

2 minutes ago, shwag said:

yeah that dude tears that shit down like a kegger at prom night. 

Yeah he cries a lot. I feel sorry for the guy.

41 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

He does indeed. The main admins you'll see will be Ben and Jpops. There are 3 moderators: Ralph Wiggum, Damon and myself :)

@BigJVOOREES it was mostly for whomever posted the 'millenial' comment, came off as a bit derogatory. I'm on my phone right now so can't see the rest of these pages without going back through every post :)

And me ;) 

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

Yeah he cries a lot. I feel sorry for the guy.

hahah. damn it ! 

Just now, PowellCampsNAKED said:

And me ;) 

Close but no cigar :P by the way, you know you can see a custom forum title once you surpass 500 posts? I can't see whether you've got one set at the minute cause I'm still on my phone :)

Different people..different tastes...nom nom..oh!... sorry ;) 

I personally love that they did with this, really!

Would also love to see in the future the C-64 Jason, and Rick from the Splatterhouse arcade version as Jason ! (one can dream :) ....) 

As for the music;

That is awesome too, I LOVE what I heard.

I am really into horror soundtracks, creepy music and old retro stuff.

This music reminded me a lot of the old Splatterhouse music, and of music acts which I love tons like Carpenter Brut, and Perturbator.

So, for me this is an amazing gift.

anyone know by the way where I can download the song ? or retrieve it from the Steam files somehow ?

As for the OP not enjoying this retro fest ;  one can't please everyone, each to it's own. :) 

• Like 1

I hate it. I dont want to be against him. Breaks immersion completely. I already felt Jason wasnt scary enough and now we have a complete and utter joke Jason. 

BUT......the fans wanted it. Gun did it. Cant be upset about it. Game isnt only about me. Im glad to see Gun did it for all those that wanted it. Hopefully ill be able to find lobbies without it.....I will be leaving games where I see its NES. I just ..... no. Lol. Its too much of a joke. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, shwag said:

was any movie tie in game in that year or up to the 90's ever really accurate though. it was nes for gods sake lol  

Totally understand what you're saying. Yep, movie tie ins back then were often not that faithful to the source material. Some of the better ones were though. That NES game to me always felt like a cash in made by people who weren't fans themselves. "Get the Jason character and his Mother in the game, set it in a forest with killer birds and wolves, slap the F13 name on it and we've tapped the money well" :lol: One of the more prominent examples of that era in my mind.

Just now, Splatterhouse said:

Totally understand what you're saying. Yep, movie tie ins back then were often not that faithful to the source material. The better ones were though. That NES game to me always felt like a cash in made by people who weren't fans themselves. "Get the Jason character and his Mother in the game, set it in a forest with killer birds and wolves, slap the F13 name on it and we've tapped the money well" :lol: One of the more prominent examples of that era in my mind.

speaking of, that nightmare on elm street nes game tho LOL 

1 hour ago, hellspawnxxx said:

Watch out everyone another millennial with a complaint...

You do realize you can be considered a millennial if you were born in the late 70s and early 80s right?

1 minute ago, shwag said:

I don't think that even falls under cult classic.

I am super thrilled that they included NES Jason! He's a piece of FRIDAY THE 13TH history and a piece of gaming history, so his absence from a new FRIDAY THE 13TH video game would have been noticeable (in much the same way that no FVSJ or remake Jason is).

On my list of 13 things I wanted added to the game, I wrote that I hoped that they acquired the rights to all the Jasons, including NES Jason, and put them in the game. So I couldn't be more thrilled that, this early on, they have already started doing that :).  

1 minute ago, shwag said:

Lol yeah that was shockingly bad. About the only thing I liked about that game was that they utilised snake/worm Freddy in it. It was dire though. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Close but no cigar :P by the way, you know you can see a custom forum title once you surpass 500 posts? I can't see whether you've got one set at the minute cause I'm still on my phone :)

I have 1800 posts I'm a moderator that lurks in the distance 

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

@Tombstones no more of that. Keep it civil.

My apologies.
That just infuriated me.
Players are getting something for FREE and people just drop their digital pants & publicly take a dump all over it.
Its too far imo

It wasn't that they got the colors wrong on NES, the palette was pretty limited. I mean even Batman was purple and off color, Freddy was orange and had an orange and red sweater and a flesh toned claw glove.