I do not play Jason very well against experienced, teamwork-focused groups of counselors, which obviously will just take practice which will be easier once single-player mode allows everyone to play as Jason as many times as they want to practice shift grabbing and other techniques, but I ran into a problem the other day that I couldn't figure out how to solve.

If the counselors get the car up and running and you morph in front of it but they get going in reverse before you can hit the car, how do you stop it?  If you morph behind them they can just go forward, then morph is recovering while they book it to the exit.  If you don't, they can drive to the exit in reverse.

Suggestions please?

PSN:  TreeburnerCT

Well, you have to find a way for it. Adapt. Practice.

Stop them from getting the car ready. Lay traps.

It's all about mind games. You need to be in front of the car if they are going forward to stop it, and behind the car of they are going backward to stop it. The problem, like you mentioned is yourabilities have coodowns. 

You need to strategize and not lose your cool and get frustrated. As soon as they see you shift, they will usually start going the other direction. When they hear your music get louder (whileyou are shifting closer to the car) they also are warned.

My suggestion? Use stalk + shift and make sure you start shift while out of sight. They will have absolutely no ideaif you are coming from the front or back while you do this, so it puts the odds more in your favor.

Making your abilities count while chasing a car is very important. Even more sobefore you have rage

• Like 1

Watching streams and playing against other Jason's I've noticed the player morphs right behind the rear or front of the car. This is where a lot of Jason's get tripped up with your scenario. Normally when the car starts up Jason has stalk. USE IT! and only morph way ahead or behind the car then wait. Watch your map to know the location of the car. Then shift right before they see you but just enough to catch up to them.

I've bested counselors the last couple games I've played using this technique. Every single time. They normally go ape shit too because they weren't expecting you as they didn't hear your music and thought they were free and clear.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  So you can hit the back of the car to disable it too?  Thought that only worked in front of the car.

3 minutes ago, TreeburnerCT said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  So you can hit the back of the car to disable it too?  Thought that only worked in front of the car.

I've never done it. I mentioned this once and was pretty much told it could be done so I figured it was a glitch when I saw Jason get pushed aside. Night before last, I was playing Jason and i'll be damned if I didn't try to stop a car in reverse and it didn't push me right outta the way while I hit it. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrella said:

My suggestion? Use stalk + shift and make sure you start shift while out of sight. They will have absolutely no ideaif you are coming from the front or back while you do this, so it puts the odds more in your favor.

Making your abilities count while chasing a car is very important. Even more sobefore you have rage

This is a good suggestion. I'd say intercept the car first and block the road. Keep walking forwards towards them as they reverse until you're out of their sight. Using stalk and shift and hitting them by surprise is the best way of stopping the car if they keep changing directions :)

The car will stop if you reverse it into Jason.

Activate stalk, then start your actions.  That way they can't track you on the Mini map.  Morph out of Line of sight so they can' visibly see you, then shift and slam the car.

If you're in front of the car, don't shift/morph behind it. Shift/morph CLOSER in front of it. They'll think you're warping behind it and will gun it right into you.

The key is to not be so predictable.

Your first shot is your best chance by far. This works best for me. 

I always trap the car and monitor it well but if they manage to get it running, open the mini map and see what route they are going. I will then morph quite a distance infront of where they are driving (preferably a junction) and activate my stalk. I will wait until I see them getting close and then just shift into the car.

If they try reversing plenty just wait for them to get some distance and just morph behind them and stalk shift into the rear of the car.

This kind of sounds like this may just have been an oversight by the developers or they didn't expect players to drive the car backwards as much. It kind sounds like it could be an exploit they didn't think of. One way to fix the problem would to allow Jason to damage the rear of the car like he can the front.  

2 hours ago, Darth Drago said:

This kind of sounds like this may just have been an oversight by the developers or they didn't expect players to drive the car backwards as much. It kind sounds like it could be an exploit they didn't think of. One way to fix the problem would to allow Jason to damage the rear of the car like he can the front.  

He can.

2 hours ago, Darth Drago said:

Well we warned them about it before launch so either they didn't listen or it works as intended. 

Give Jason spike strips. I see a whole bunch a problems with this but if they made them so they could  be disabled he wouldn't plant them around car. He would be able to morph ahead of car and drop one and then be able to narrow the path of escape. A good driver could avoid but it would make two direction travel more difficult. 

5 hours ago, weirdkid5 said:

He can.

Do you have a video or a link of it occurring possibly?  I tried a couple times last night to stop a backwards driving car and couldn't seem to do it.

3 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

Do you have a video or a link of it occurring possibly?  I tried a couple times last night to stop a backwards driving car and couldn't seem to do it.

I don't have a video, but someone in this thread already stated, and it has been proven on the Steam forums that if you back into Jason the car breaks just the same as in the front.

You CAN do it. Plus people already gave advice on how to catch the car using Stalk mode. It isn't hard to get the car if you're mindful.

8 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

He can most definitely wreck the back of the car. 

One thing that is hanging up some Jasons is the fact that they took away the ability to shift into the car...you actually have to use the 'use' button now, or hope they ram into you.

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

One thing that is hanging up some Jasons is the fact that they took away the ability to shift into the car...you actually have to use the 'use' button now, or hope they ram into you.

No they don't? I just smashed a car several times using shift the old way last night. They didn't change that at all. You probably just missed.

When people get the car up and running I always use stalk, then morph a fair distance away from the car, then shift to the car and break it.

Works like a charm every single time. Bc as soon as the drivers screen does that little glitch out thing when Jason is near, he's backing up, but stalk prevents that from happening.

Just a little strat that I use for cars. Now if they get the car up and running before you get stalk, then that's an entirely different ball game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weirdkid5 said:

No they don't? I just smashed a car several times using shift the old way last night. They didn't change that at all. You probably just missed.

lol I don't "miss".

Aren't the console versions behind on patches or something? You most definitely cannot shift-smash the car on PC any more.

Just now, SolidusPrime said:

lol I don't "miss".

Aren't the console versions behind on patches or something? You most definitely cannot shift-smash care on PC any more.

The console versions are up to date with PC except for Xbox.

Everyone misses, human error is a real thing. We can go on PC right now and test this if you want. Add me, username is the same as on Steam.

9 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

No pop-up occurs like on the front, and collision mechanics seem to be messed up as it pushed me "away" and didn't "crash" like it does on the front.

I don't think it's working 100%.

Been searching videos and reading some other boards and people seem to be claiming the same as I.  Ironically, in ever single thread I saw though there is at least one person saying, "yea, it totes works" and when asked for video, no dice =)

I'll private match test it later for myself.

Just now, weirdkid5 said:

The console versions are up to date with PC except for Xbox.

Everyone misses, human error is a real thing. We can go on PC right now and test this if you want. Add me, username is the same as on Steam.

I'm working. But you're wrong. Just do it and record it and post it.

1 minute ago, SolidusPrime said:

lol I don't "miss".

Aren't the console versions behind on patches or something? You most definitely cannot shift-smash the car on PC any more.

Well on consoles you can still shift into the car. You just have to hit the car right in the middle of the hood.

Its very picky, too far to the left or right and it won't do it.

I REALLY hope Gun doesn't plan on taking that away, bc it makes getting an already started car that much harder to get. If that's changed on PC, then I feel for you guys.

2 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

I'm working. But you're wrong. Just do it and record it and post it.

Lmao that's not how proof works, you can't just say "you're ". You're at work but can post on a forum?

K buddy. Can't believe it's hard for you to fathom human error is capable even for a perfect being like you.

...that's exactly how proof works. You do something, record it, and show us as proof that it happened. Me and you going into a room proves nothing to these people.

I have a great IT job were I get to relax and do nothing all day while playing on the computer. It's amazing.