Sign in to follow this  
lHeartBreakerl

-1000 EXP for Betrayal

-1000 exp for Betrayal  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is -1000 exp for team killing a good or a bad thing for players? Note: Please read through posts in this thread and hear voices throughout the community before having an answer.

• Good thing
    • Bad thing

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I'm thinking about the new comers, it's gonna ruin the game for them. 

As far as that goes there are currently quite a few glitches and bugs that will turn off new players faster then a one thousand point betrayal penalty. 

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

As far as that goes there are currently quite a few glitches and bugs that will turn off new players faster then a one thousand point betrayal penalty. 

True but once those are fixed, then they will have trolls, what I think should happen if you kill people you lose XP and the more you lose the more levels you loose as well, which would then lock the Jason's and clothing you've unlocked. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

True but once those are fixed, then they will have trolls, what I think should happen if you kill people you lose XP and the more you lose the more levels you loose as well, which would then lock the Jason's and clothing you've unlocked. 

Well to be fair Ive accidentally betrayed a few people since the update went live.

And at the end of the match I've never had negative exp in the end game screen.

Its always stopped at 1 exp. So I don't really think you can lose a level by continually betraying.

Maybe I'll make a smurf account and test it, but I really don't wanna be that guy who betrays people.

9 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

But that is an even more severe penalty for accidents.

I've had quite a few games played thus far, almost level thirty. I've never killed a fellow counselor up to this point, it's bound to happen at some point but within those rounds I drove the car around others, shot to save others with the shotgun and flare gun by aiming at Jason's feet, combat with melee weapons to save others and every single match I set traps in front of locked cabin doors when one is found inside.

I have been killed/betrayed three times but all of those were clearly accidents and only provided a good laugh.

So it's not really something that happens too often when the game is being played for objectives by most of the people apart of the lobby.

They do need to fix the shotgun shot in Jason's back when he is holding somebody and somebody tries to save them, along with traps shouldn't count as a betrayal since obviously somebody getting killed by one is simply their own fault.

Based on that I don't think the penalty is too harsh.

6 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Well to be fair Ive accidentally betrayed a few people since the update went live.

And at the end of the match I've never had negative exp in the end game screen.

Its always stopped at 1 exp. So I don't really think you can lose a level by continually betraying.

Maybe I'll make a smurf account and test it, but I really don't wanna be that guy who betrays people.

It's not in the game, I was basically putting in a if you kill soo many campers you start to loose levels. As of right now you loose -1000 XP for killing someone, even if you didn't mean too. Like oops couldn't stop so now my friend is street pizza, so you loose -1000 XP. Remember that beartrap? Oh well a troll saw it and now killed themselves on it, you loose -1000 XP.  Once you have everything you want there really isn't a need for XP. But to new comers the trolls will go for them. 

9 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

But that is an even more severe penalty for accidents.

Yeah, it's just some ideas I've been throwing around, another one is go back to -200 XP being taken away and once you kill a second camper you get -400 and then it keeps going higher. Or just have a kick button, go back to the -200 and have people use a kick so they can kick people who will kill, even tho it's another way to get things if someone isn't listen, got the keys, yeah but I'm not gonna hand them over, I'm gonna run around. Well that person needs a bullet in the skull. Either way you look at it, no matter what they do people will troll.

Accident or not, if a counselor kills another counselor, its punishment. It's well deserved punishment. You negatively effected the game, cost that player exp, and cost the Jason player exp. Well deserved.

On 2017-06-14 at 8:48 PM, Unclebunt said:

They should have an increased penalty system that increases each time you kill someone.

I have been run over by terrible drivers, shot with the shotgun whilst grabbed by Jason and many more that were not deliberate.

start at 200xp penalty, then 400, 600, 800 then capped at 1000 for 24 hours then reset to 200 again. Maybe repeat offenders get a week cap at 1000....

I can go for that. Great suggestion.