Hey guys! Throw your perk ideas in the comments.

Gambler - Start the game with a random weapon.

The Hero in Me - Increase your chances for coming back as Tommy Jarvis. 

Natural Instinct - Increase your chances for  spawning near the Radio or Phone Box.

Distraction - Start the game with a flare gun or pocket knife.

Just ideas so don't kill me on this thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bags said:

Hey guys! Throw your perk ideas in the comments.

Gambler - Start the game with a random weapon.

The Hero in Me - Increase your chances for coming back as Tommy Jarvis. 

Natural Instinct - Increase your chances for  spawning near the Radio or Phone Box.

Distraction - Start the game with a flare gun or pocket knife.

Just ideas so don't kill me on this thread

Sadly, i feel all of these suggestions pale in comparison to the current "best" perks. Only one that may be enticing wouldbe starting with pocket knife.

For example, i would never choose gambler over the perk thatstarts you with a  bat - Even if gambler had a chance to start you with a shotgun. It's too conditional. 

Natural instinct sounds interesting but again, its too conditional. You may or may not spawn by the phone box. Even if you do, after the game starts the perk pales in comparison to arguably much better perks because its doing noting

The one with Tommy could also be bad, as you could have a game where everyone is using that perk, effectively nerfing every counselor in the match to 2 perks. And if someone else dies/escapes before you do? Wasted perk slot. 

A lot of these would need good side bonuses:

for example, the Starting with the map is a pretty god awful perk by itself. Easily nullified by finding a map in  first cabin. But it also as a fear resistance bonus. Makes it much more enticing.

• Like 1

I completely understand everything you're saying. However, I have some counter-counter claims. I think that the Gambler perk (as you yourself said, and a lot of others probably) wouldn't use it because of the bat perk. Don't forget, a lot of side notes come with this perk, the oppurtunities are endless. Ex: if you get this perk epic, it would drastically increase your chances of you spawning with the shotgun, whereas the common one would make it more likely for a 2x4 or wrench. Also, a lot of the people I have come across don't like to come back as Tommy, so this perk would hopefully be used by the 2 or 3 people in a lobby who wants to come back. And natural instinct could be changed as well, you could also include increasing the chances of spawning near a vehicle part or keys. Lastly, I really hope they add a pocket knife/flare gun spawn perk because those 2 would be lifesavers from the spawn-right-on-you-when-the-game-starts Jasons haha.

- Faster generating stamina when near Jason (Slower generating when not near Jason)

- Makes minigames easier but makes them slower (Not sure if that's the same as faster repair)

- Percent chance that Jason will not hear you make mistakes on minigame

I don't know, just a few at the top of my head

I wasn't meaning to "shit all over" your ideas bags. Hopefully it didn't come off that way. 

A lot of the current perks we have are either close to being useless or too conditional. I think the biggest offender personally of a perk being too conditional is the boat speed.

Half the time the map doesn't even spawn with a boat lollllll. 

I like your ideas for the side bonuses :) I actually like all of your perk ideas - I just can't even see them competing with the current "best" perks in the game rigt now, except for the pocketknife one.

Imo, the pocketknife perk would be a great addition. If they made it increase stun on Jason it'd be very tempting. Problem is though, it would most likely become one of the "required" perks