Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, II_Punisher_II said:

I shouldn't have to create a private game to play this game fun though.

Why shouldn't you? Private matches give you a chance to filter out cheaters, kids,Jason/counselor collaborators, and just flat out annoying players.

Quick match, aka RANDOMS puts you at the mercy of who you are matched with. There is no kick feature.nothing to prevent people from being grouped up and trolling. That's just how the quickmatch matchmaking works currently sadly.

You want GAURANTEED fun matches? Find/form a group for privacy matches (there are ALWAYS lots of groups in the large ps4 cimmunity. Even during "slow" hours.)

You want to test your luck in the cesspool that is quickmatch? Go right ahead. Its your time. Waste it as you will.

Remember, you choose your own experience. You can't control random people you play with, but you have some control in private matches.

 

8 hours ago, II_Punisher_II said:

but surely you'd want to work with teammates and escape for 200 exp instead of sitting in a glitch spot for 20 minutes of your life, having 0 fun and ruining the game for everyone.

Why do you assume sitting in a glitched spot? I've survived numerous times as Jenny after everyone died by hiding with sense avoidance perks and clever use of the Hold Breath mechanic while hiding.

It's the most intense time for me as you don't know if he is near, using stalk - if it's safe to hold breath or not (it removes you from sense while you use it but does that loud exhale when you let go.)

If a Jason is stalking nearby, you might think you are safe, after making the loud exhale noise but he might start coming for you before you realize he heard you (since you would have no music cue) absolutely Most intense games for me have been those situations. It's pure mind games between the last survivor and Jason at this point and its fucking THRILLING. people watching don't like it? Tough shit

Not Every One has to cheat to win by time runningout.

Only losers

And boy are glitchers big fucking losers. I do enjoy shaming them in matches when I survive legitimately though.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, II_Punisher_II said:

90% of games have a party of friends that if chosen as Jason will not kill their friends and make it very clear they're friends as the counselors will run around with him and lead Jason to you everytime, and if they're not cheating this way you'll get people sitting in the many glitch spots this game currently has to wait out the 20 minute time limit. this is a very confusing tactic as you don't get any exp for living only for escaping. 

 

This game is great and alot of fun when played correctly but with all this cheating i can't imagine the life expectancy will be long if this dirty game-play continues.

Okay there are two groups that you mention, Glitchers and groups of friends that team up with Jason.

When it comes to glitchers the devs are working on patching out those glitches. Being a small dev it will take time. They have stated glitch exploiters will not be banned, only that glitches will be fixed. So nothing can be done with glitch exploiters.

As to the people who team up with Jason what do you think they can do to stop it? Remember again this is a fairly small studio with a limited amount of personnel. Say they allow people to report such behavior, how many people would correctly or wrongly report people? How long do you think it would take their limited staff to go through all of them and how long the delay would be to actually impose a judgement on the validity of the report? What level of proof do you expect them to require to impose a penalty or ban? ... Doesn't sound likely.

So what about them not allowing people who are friends quick play publically? how exactly would they go about knowing who is on anyone's friends list? should they have access to everyone's friends list? do you think that A - that is possible? if so B - that Steam, Microsoft and Sony would let them do that? and  C - if so would it cause a massive shit-storm with users understandably screaming "big brother" and invasion of privacy? ... You can see why that wouldn't be an option.

Yes that sort of behavior sucks and does ruin what could be a fun match but sadly there is not much that can be done about it. That's why Quick Play should be used to find likeminded users, find people that like to play fun matches and then get to know them, hell even friend them. Once you do that enough to have a functional group go and start playing private matches with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, e.txcountryboy said:

Okay there are two groups that you mention, Glitchers and groups of friends that team up with Jason.

When it comes to glitchers the devs are working on patching out those glitches. Being a small dev it will take time. They have stated glitch exploiters will not be banned, only that glitches will be fixed. So nothing can be done with glitch exploiters.

As to the people who team up with Jason what do you think they can do to stop it? Remember again this is a fairly small studio with a limited amount of personnel. Say they allow people to report such behavior, how many people would correctly or wrongly report people? How long do you think it would take their limited staff to go through all of them and how long the delay would be to actually impose a judgement on the validity of the report? What level of proof do you expect them to require to impose a penalty or ban? ... Doesn't sound likely.

So what about them not allowing people who are friends quick play publically? how exactly would they go about knowing who is on anyone's friends list? should they have access to everyone's friends list? do you think that A - that is possible? if so B - that Steam, Microsoft and Sony would let them do that? and  C - if so would it cause a massive shit-storm with users understandably screaming "big brother" and invasion of privacy? ... You can see why that wouldn't be an option.

Yes that sort of behavior sucks and does ruin what could be a fun match but sadly there is not much that can be done about it. That's why Quick Play should be used to find likeminded users, find people that like to play fun matches and then get to know them, hell even friend them. Once you do that enough to have a functional group go and start playing private matches with them.

Hit the nail on the head.

People telling others "make friends"and "play private matches with said friends" aren't trying to be condescending or arrogant, or tell you how to play. They are simply giving insight on how they have found an enjoyable experience in this game and trying to share that idea withothers.

This game really is betterwith a full private match of like minded players imo anyways.

If someone's answer is "im not very social" or "I don't have any friends". 

Well, my answer to you is "that's your fault, your problem, and can only be changed and fixed by YOU"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scoundrella said:

If someone's answer is "im not very social" or "I don't have any friends". 

Well, my answer to you is "that's your fault, your problem, and can only be changed and fixed by YOI"

I agree though I wouldn't personally put it that way. If someone has social anxiety, hey I can sympathize, but I would have to question why they would want to play a multiplayer online game in the first place since all online multiplayer games have their fair share of idiots and games like this are best played with friends. That if their anxiety or awkwardness is that much of an issue then it might be best to refund said game and go for a game that requires less social interaction in order to really get the most out of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shwag said:

i highly recommend you go to the pinned post with gamer tags and add some people from there, private games are the way to go you never have to deal with these party pricks 

these party guys will get bored long before the game dies, they have low attention spans. 

What happens when your looking for tapes that don't show up in private matches, going to tell us to make a private for that since right now ps4 gets a blue screen the moment you add 5 players to a party or more i have everything but the tapes.Yes only way to get rid of the toxic players is private,they can also force players out of party chat or when match starts its not hard to do,as for glitchers i just shoot them or ask someone else to if i'm jason.Theres many ways to fix said problems which they need to fast before any dlc.But once again dlc before anything is fixed thats just a re skin of part 3 so ya at this rate i give it 3 months till this game dies like For Honor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tim said:

I want a refund? Who do I contact about that? 

The service you bought it from (Microsoft, Sony or Steam).

But don't expect one if you've been playing the game a long time.

You bought it knowing it's an online only game and that you'll be playing with strangers for the most part.

It's a great game but it's only as good as the people you're playing with.

That's not always going to be top drawer but more often than not you can have good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yes only way to get rid of the toxic players is private,they can also force players out of party chat or when match starts its not hard to do.

Yes they could do that but I doubt that would stop it from happening. It's the whole "build a better mouse trap creates better mice" situation. Say they force players out of party chat, those same people will just open up skype, start a group call, open the game, start a public match as a small party and there you go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, e.txcountryboy said:

Yes they could do that but I doubt that would stop it from happening. It's the whole "build a better mouse trap creates better mice" situation. Say they force players out of party chat, those same people will just open up skype, start a group call, open the game, start a public match as a small party and there you go.

Can't do that on PS4 atleast not sure if they can or can't on Xbox PC is different they could figure it out i'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Can't do that on PS4 atleast not sure if they can or can't on Xbox PC is different they could figure it out i'm sure.

I think it would be possible even with the consoles if those wanting to do so had skype on their phone. think there is a group call feature for the cell phone skype app. Again, if there is a will, there is a way. that's why ultimately trying to prevent groups from messing with public games while can be discouraged is not ultimately preventable if those wanting to do so are dead set on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I left a lobby yesterday as soon as I heard a guy say to his buddy "Man, go into party chat, now before it starts".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps all the glitchers are Nightmare on elm street fans just mad that they don't have a game yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

No disrespect but I don't know that I would compare this to Destiny.  I played Destiny from Day 1 and while it had its problems, there was a variety of things to accomplish in game.  And the initial content was enough to keep many of us interested until a new DLC was released.  I enjoy FT13 but for the game to be out such a short time and so little to do, its a bit troublesome.  If you have a good group of friends, it can at least be entertaining but playing solo in Quickplay is turning many of us off. Once you hit the 30 levels, not much incentive to keep playing minus having fun with friends.  I don't know if there are plans for a new DLC or new content in the near future but I would definitely say that would be appreciated as the same 3 maps consistently is a bit lackluster.  If players must deal with the griefers, cheaters and team killers, it would be nice to at least have some variety in game. This is just my constructive criticism for a game with great potential but a bit of a mess at the moment.

In lieu of Destiny, I would actually compare it to Last of Us.  After the story mode, you are left with pvp and they also have very limited maps that were not updated for years but similar in approach.  I actually still play Last of Us from time to time but its a similar situation in that you are playing the same content over and over with little growth or plan for growth as a player.

The example was a bit drastic especially in terms of activision money backing the series for half a billion dollars but my point was the same. I used it because it was a very anticipated game that both sides were very vocal. I used the destiny forums for recruitment for raids and read threads. Every day a good portion of people would say the game was dead / dying. My experience personally with Destiny was good. I enjoyed it, played from day 1 up until the taken king every single day because I am a glutton for loot drops.  I completed every raid with the exception of wrath of the machine because the group fell apart after phase two of aksis and I did not feel like looking for another group and weekly reset was on my heels. Then I got distracted by other games and with destiny 2 on the horizon I am just going to save my grinding efforts for that. I was not making a comparison saying it was a bad game, my companion is that games get stale to people after some time. People leave, people come back. This game is really fun and I enjoy it as well. There are people who are bored but they will come and go. That's how games work. There are some people out there with unrealistic expectations even for an AAA company. People expect a flow of new content the moment they become bored. That's not how game design works. 

Speaking about the content drop today. It's 13,000 CP (perk roll away ladies and gents) two new outfits for each counselor and the thing I personally am excited for is NES Jason. NES Jason was highly requested and it was unclear if it was something that could happen with licensing but lo and behold here we are with NES Jason storming the camp grounds. Is it a new map? No, but it's new stuff that will give people something to play around with. That is the purpose of content drops is to give people something to play around with. It's new, it's shiny people want it. That too will die down. There is absolutely no content that can perpetually satisfy people's interests forever. It's a reality.

The game is far from dead and I feel a lot of flack is given out, some are valid concerns others are just people raging and wanting a company to fail because they had a bad experience. As this game progresses this will all be a thing of the past. I am primarily an Xbox player. I have the game on all 3 platforms but my heart is with Xbox (gotta get those achievement points) a lot of my friends are also on Xbox. My friends were pretty vocal to me about the issues and not being able to play ect. I told them wait, it will get fixed. It has got better for sure but still little kinks here and there. The point is my friends love the game now. In fact it's been awhile since they have reached out to me and asked we playing tonight? That's a good thing in my eyes and for the little faults left with the game it does not negate the fun that can happen when you are in game. That's my opinion and everyone is different. If a game makes anyone mad, take a break, see if the problem is fixed and give it a go when it is. 

I will cite one more example before I wrap this up and yes this is also an AAA title but I am a pretty big gears of war fan. The gnasher was a mess on launch. I got frustrated and tried to give some advice to the coalition (the developer of gears 4) they did nothing for months on end about it and just kept releasing new gears packs to buy. I stopped playing because admittedly I was mad. Long story shorter they eventually fixed it. I went back to play and had fun. I have not been playing it though because I am hooked on this game as my game to get a couple matches in before I have to do something. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion I am not saying anyone's is bad, I am just providing a different insight into things from my perspective that might let someone view it from a different angle. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing bringing this game down, is the part of the player base, where if I had to describe them.... would get me banned from the forums!

8 out of 10 public games I play.....

I wonder.... is that REALLY the sperm that won the race???!!!!!!......................

This game is fun as all hell when you act, talk, & play .... NORMAL!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, e.txcountryboy said:

Okay there are two groups that you mention, Glitchers and groups of friends that team up with Jason.

When it comes to glitchers the devs are working on patching out those glitches. Being a small dev it will take time. They have stated glitch exploiters will not be banned, only that glitches will be fixed. So nothing can be done with glitch exploiters.

As to the people who team up with Jason what do you think they can do to stop it? Remember again this is a fairly small studio with a limited amount of personnel. Say they allow people to report such behavior, how many people would correctly or wrongly report people? How long do you think it would take their limited staff to go through all of them and how long the delay would be to actually impose a judgement on the validity of the report? What level of proof do you expect them to require to impose a penalty or ban? ... Doesn't sound likely.

So what about them not allowing people who are friends quick play publically? how exactly would they go about knowing who is on anyone's friends list? should they have access to everyone's friends list? do you think that A - that is possible? if so B - that Steam, Microsoft and Sony would let them do that? and  C - if so would it cause a massive shit-storm with users understandably screaming "big brother" and invasion of privacy? ... You can see why that wouldn't be an option.

Yes that sort of behavior sucks and does ruin what could be a fun match but sadly there is not much that can be done about it. That's why Quick Play should be used to find likeminded users, find people that like to play fun matches and then get to know them, hell even friend them. Once you do that enough to have a functional group go and start playing private matches with them.

I was fortunate enough to find a group of very young players playing seriously and added everyone as friends. (I'm 38 yo). A young staff that plays more serious than many mature ones out there.
I am Brazilian and often my ping is yellow (always between 180 and 280), and I have never succeeded in finding other Brazilians in the specific topics for this, neither here nor in the Steam forum.
I always play in the quick match and most of the time I play with decent players, since the game's launch, I think I've met people who team up with Jason no more than 3 times to date.
Now that I have found more Brazilian friends, I am adding each one and forming a group. This allows me now, for the first time, to play the game with decent ping, below 90 ms.

So, I have luck to did not need private matches or forums to find good players.

I think it's a matter of having a little patience, that we adapt and learn to deal with these boring things and extract the best of the game with people who are worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, II_Punisher_II said:

90% of games have a party of friends that if chosen as Jason will not kill their friends and make it very clear they're friends as the counselors will run around with him and lead Jason to you everytime, and if they're not cheating this way you'll get people sitting in the many glitch spots this game currently has to wait out the 20 minute time limit. this is a very confusing tactic as you don't get any exp for living only for escaping. 

 

This game is great and alot of fun when played correctly but with all this cheating i can't imagine the life expectancy will be long if this dirty game-play continues.

Don't play quick play, it's cancer. Play private = all problems solved & the time of your life.

 

The game will not die out because of this, anyone who isn't stupid plays private only anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tombstones said:

The only thing bringing this game down, is the part of the player base, where if I had to describe them.... would get me banned from the forums!

8 out of 10 public games I play.....

I wonder.... is that REALLY the sperm that won the race???!!!!!!......................

This game is fun as all hell when you act, talk, & play .... NORMAL!

With a good bunch of people this game is AMAZINGLY FUN.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

The game will not die out because of this, anyone who isn't stupid plays private only anyway.

You sound like the people that one tries to avoid in quick matches.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Retro Edge said:

Don't play quick play, it's cancer. Play private = all problems solved & the time of your life.

 

The game will not die out because of this, anyone who isn't stupid plays private only anyway.

^^^THIS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@II_Punisher_II I have merged your thread with another pre-existing one. Please use the search function before posting new threads :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

You sound like the people that one tries to avoid in quick matches.  

It's just the truth, if you play quick play it's your own fault.

Playing with random people will give you a bad experience in 85% of all rounds. People who teamkill, people who doesn't use mics, people who uses bugs. Its, like I said, cancer.

There is literally no reason to play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retro Edge said:

It's just the truth, if you play quick play it's your own fault.

Playing with random people will give you a bad experience in 85% of all rounds. People who teamkill, people who doesn't use mics, people who uses bugs. Its, like I said, cancer.

There is literally no reason to play it.

And no sooner had I typed my comment was I in a quick match, as Jason, and doing great...and then "You were kicked: Host has left the game". 

Because I killed him. 

People suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really struggling lately to be able to play with friends I have in my steam friend list. most of the times their parties are full.

 

So then the option is, the public groups, but as said elsewhere; they are so hit or miss.

It seems lately, my patience is growing thin with public groups.

 

So, and I really hate to say this, but to play this game ,and thus enjoy it.

is really getting less and less, with each public game I play.

 

I hope this will get better once the player base consists mostly out of fans, and people who do enjoy playing the game without being an utter pussbag.

 

Guess time will tell.

What a damn shame, I feel gutted to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashley said:

What happens when your looking for tapes that don't show up in private matches, going to tell us to make a private for that since right now ps4 gets a blue screen the moment you add 5 players to a party or more i have everything but the tapes.Yes only way to get rid of the toxic players is private,they can also force players out of party chat or when match starts its not hard to do,as for glitchers i just shoot them or ask someone else to if i'm jason.Theres many ways to fix said problems which they need to fast before any dlc.But once again dlc before anything is fixed thats just a re skin of part 3 so ya at this rate i give it 3 months till this game dies like For Honor.

i get blue screens but not when added five people at once, i add the full seven at once and still no blue screen. not sure what the pamela tapes have to do with this at all since you can get them in both qm and private matches. if you are not social or willing to play private matches, no one is forcing you to. i simply gave my advice. 

i played a lot of qm and it was hell for me. thus my reasoning on the topic.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ashley said:

What happens when your looking for tapes that don't show up in private matches

Has someone gotten official confirmation on this? Has anyone found a tape in private matches? Like, if someone could somehow post video footage or something would be AMAZING.

I made a post asking if tapes only appear on Fridays, and/or if they can only be found in quick match (read a speculation about them). 

But all I've seen is pure speculation and anecdotal evidence, and nothing but cryptic answers from Gunmedia. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...