Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this has been said before but I think it would be a great idea to have an item that boosts your stamina.

Say you're just feet away from a cabin where the rest of your team are but you're being hunted by Jason and you're are out of stamina, using this item would give you a temporary boost of stamina, allowing you to get there while the item lasts.

This would be useful in numerous situations such as running to a car, to the police, to your team or just getting away from Jason.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just run to a teamate and smack him that will give you lots of stamina back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

Not sure if this has been said before but I think it would be a great idea to have an item that boosts your stamina.

Say you're just feet away from a cabin where the rest of your team are but you're being hunted by Jason and you're are out of stamina, using this item would give you a temporary boost of stamina, allowing you to get there while the item lasts.

This would be useful in numerous situations such as running to a car, to the police, to your team or just getting away from Jason.

 

 

The game is trying to stay true to the movies dude I can't really see this happening... Counsellors have enough advantages and disadvantages as it is, anymore can throw gameplay off badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

Not sure if this has been said before but I think it would be a great idea to have an item that boosts your stamina.

Say you're just feet away from a cabin where the rest of your team are but you're being hunted by Jason and you're are out of stamina, using this item would give you a temporary boost of stamina, allowing you to get there while the item lasts.

This would be useful in numerous situations such as running to a car, to the police, to your team or just getting away from Jason.

 

 

I was thinking something along the lines of a candy bar for some quick energy.  

2 hours ago, Unclebunt said:

The game is trying to stay true to the movies dude I can't really see this happening... Counsellors have enough advantages and disadvantages as it is, anymore can throw gameplay off badly.

If you add more pocket items while limiting their inventory to 3 items still, it just makes them choose between 1 item that might save their life vs another.  If they stockpile 3 pocket knives they're defenseless against slowly taking damage from melee, knives, and jumping through windows, or hitting traps.  They'll die.  It won't be fancy but they'll still die.  If they take 3 med sprays they can be grab executed without having any chance out, and obviously if they're carrying 3 items to help them survive they're not carrying the fuse or the keys that might let them escape.  Having a stamina item would be a tough choice vs carrying med spray, firecrackers, or pocket knives, as if you break out of a grab with a pocket knife, you also get stamina back, if you throw down firecrackers and stand in them, Jason won't be able to grab you while you regen stamina  A candy bar would just give you stamina back without letting you break from a grab or distract Jason, so it's fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of a stamina item. Perhaps not a candy bar, but something else. I am drawing from my experience with low stamina counselors such as Deborah. She has max repair and almost max stealth which suits my playing style, and her physical disadvantages seem like a fair trade off for the most part. But stamina-wise she is seriously disadvantaged, to the point that I sometimes get trapped on one side or area of the map and cannot escape when Jason is being persistent.

Again, because her physical stats are so poor (1 strength), you can't expect to have much of a chance face to face with Jason. The idea is to prevent that from happening at all ideally. Even stunning him or distracting him doesn't offer much advantage, since her lower composure will give her away soon enough, and she doesn't have the speed and certainly not the stamina to get away. She's one of the characters where a stamina item could help her get out of an impossible situation even just once.

I know someone will bring up her Stealth stat, which no doubt is great. But once fear takes over, which she is more vulnerable to, you can easily be found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of a stamina item added to the game. With players only able to have three items it gives them a difficult choice on what to grab and priority will be based on what counselor they are playing. Just like the other items their spawn rate will be limited for balance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, just no, its hard enough for Jason to catch a bugsy/tiffany/vanessa in a normal situation, now you want them to get even more stamina from a quick boost? They have perks that regenerate stamina faster, that should be enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Then why not consumable items for other stats? At what point does it end? Epi-pens for strength, repair manuals for repair, speed for... speed... a rabbit's foot for luck.

Not quite. Most of the stats all have something in common which stamina does not - they don't need repairing. Those stats themselves don't deplete. In which case, stamina is like health, both have something in common which is managing the mobility of your counselor. If you are injured and lose your health, you use a med kit. Likewise, the idea is that if you deplete your stamina, you could use something that would temporarily restore it to some degree.

1 hour ago, lazerus_86 said:

No, just no, its hard enough for Jason to catch a bugsy/tiffany/vanessa in a normal situation, now you want them to get even more stamina from a quick boost? They have perks that regenerate stamina faster, that should be enough.

 

The stamina item's use would not be to provide an additional boost on top of the stamina you already have. It would be only to restore depleted stamina. You would only be able to use it at the point where you are no longer able to run. There could be different ways to balance it out, such as having less of an effect on already high stamina characters. It doesn't necessarily have to last very long. 

And it's different to a perk because a perk is always active when equipped. Faster stamina regeneration would be happening the entire match. This would not, it's a one time temporary use, unless that's all you want to stock up on and that's assuming you find that many. But that would be your choice to make, at the cost of other important items. 

I imagine typical examples for its use would be a small boost to reach the police when Jason is on your tail. Or reach the car in time when your team mates are trying to pick you up. You would have to decide when is the right moment. It doesn't affect balance either because at the end of the day, Jason still has shift and morph. All he has to do is manage those abilities and time them correctly to counter the stamina boost.

That's my take on this idea at least. And there's certainly enough empty drawers in the game to include one more item.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

counselors don't need any additional help, they have all the tools in their arsenal they need,team work is the key to survival, not "let me be able to survive Jason if he finds me"  Have you seen the movies? Being 1v1 Jason is supposed to be a death sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

counselors don't need any additional help, they have all the tools in their arsenal they need,team work is the key to survival, not "let me be able to survive Jason if he finds me"  Have you seen the movies? Being 1v1 Jason is supposed to be a death sentence.

Did you actually read any of my post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, I did, you are complaining that you run out of stamina before reaching the police/exit  learn to conserve your stamina, and use your surroundings. Basically you want to screw over Jason on a run for the exit, because "oh crap, i'm about out of stamina, I can just use this to gain more so he doesn't catch me".  Counselors running out of stamina is one of Jasons KEY tactics, wear them out then kill them, if you take that away, your a nerfing Jason big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lazerus_86 said:

yes, I did, you are complaining that you run out of stamina before reaching the police/exit  learn to conserve your stamina, and use your surroundings. Basically you want to screw over Jason on a run for the exit, because "oh crap, i'm about out of stamina, I can just use this to gain more so he doesn't catch me".  Counselors running out of stamina is one of Jasons KEY tactics, wear them out then kill them, if you take that away, your a nerfing Jason big time.

I'm not complaining at all actually. We're all just sharing ideas here. Have you noticed you're in the suggestions forum? On the other hand, it seems you are actually complaining about this "screwing over" Jason. When you say conserve your stamina, I could just as well say conserve your shift or morph.

Those examples I gave about reaching the police in time, they're just that, examples. Typical uses I imagine. If you did indeed read my post then it seems you missed the main points.

Anyway we're just discussing an idea here, so relax.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are debating for it, I'm debating against it.  I look at it this way, for every edge they give a counselor, they would have to give Jason something to keep the game balanced.  Even something that gives a slight edge can tip the balance of game play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lazerus_86 said:

You are debating for it, I'm debating against it.  I look at it this way, for every edge they give a counselor, they would have to give Jason something to keep the game balanced.  Even something that gives a slight edge can tip the balance of game play.

I'm open to arguments against it, I just haven't seen any convincing ones yet. And I do believe the low stamina characters could do with an item that would give them the opportunity to escape Jason in a scenario they otherwise couldn't, without it affecting balance. I really don't see a temporary stamina restoration requiring Jason to have an additional counter ability when he already has Shift and Morph, as I've said many times already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And most lower stamina characters have higher stealth,meaning higher chances of not being detected by Jasons sense, thats why their running ability is so low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

And most lower stamina characters have higher stealth,meaning higher chances of not being detected by Jasons sense, thats why their running ability is so low.

I don't have a problem with the stats. Low physical stats is a fair trade off for high stealth and high repair. But nonetheless at some point you do encounter Jason in a match even with a high stealth character, unless you're extremely careful. So a stamina boost item could give you better chances in one or two instances of that happening, provided you have already run out of it. Notice I said chances. It's no guarantee at all that it would save you. Plus you're giving up having a pocket knife or firecrackers in the slot where you added stamina item.

And just to add, I've been playing almost every day since release so I have good experience with both Counselor and Jason. And as Jason I typically don't have a problem catching high stamina characters. Throwing knives do the bulk of the work slowing them down till you regain special abilities, there's no need to chase them till they run out of stamina. I believe throwing knives were made just for this purpose.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Then why not consumable items for other stats? At what point does it end? Epi-pens for strength, repair manuals for repair, speed for... speed... a rabbit's foot for luck.

Honestly, instead of multiple items they could just make the epi-pen idea an all around temp physical stat boost since epi-pens are a vasodilator which improves cardiovascular performance along with boosting adrenaline. Would be the same effect as when they're used in Left 4 Dead. It's not that bad of an idea, and at least gives counselors the option of choosing temporary escape over some other survival item. There could even be a side effect that the player is easier to sense while on one cause their heart beat is elevated or something so it's got a +/- to using them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lazerus_86 said:

And most lower stamina characters have higher stealth,meaning higher chances of not being detected by Jasons sense, thats why their running ability is so low.

very important distinction you either missed, forgot, or was unaware of:

Stealth prevents detection from sound pings.

Composure reduces the rate at which counselor generates fear.

Conclusion: the stealth stat has absolutely NO correlation with Jason's sense ability.

If your fear is high, Jason will detect you because you will glow red.

If your stealth stat is low, Jason will detect you because your sound pings are more evident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Honestly, instead of multiple items they could just make the epi-pen idea an all around temp physical stat boost since epi-pens are a vasodilator which improves cardiovascular performance along with boosting adrenaline. Would be the same effect as when they're used in Left 4 Dead. It's not that bad of an idea, and at least gives counselors the option of choosing temporary escape over some other survival item. There could even be a side effect that the player is easier to sense while on one cause their heart beat is elevated or something so it's got a +/- to using them. 

I do like the idea, however I'm on the fence about whether players should be easier to sense after they use it. It's logical, but if that were the case it might limit its use to that final dash for escape. If you have a low composure stat, your fear level is already going to make you easier to sense after a Jason encounter. Which would make it less optimal to use the item in other situations earlier on in the match.

A character with low physical stats must rely on their stealth ability to escape Jason, so if your composure and speed aren't high to begin with, then plus sense attribute would make the item less viable. I agree it would be good to balance it out somehow though, especially so that characters with high physical stats don't gain too much of an advantage, even if temporarily.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy86 said:

I do like the idea, however I'm on the fence about whether players should be easier to sense after they use it. It's logical, but if that were the case it might limit its use to that final dash for escape. If you have a low composure stat, your fear level is already going to make you easier to sense after a Jason encounter. Which would make it less optimal to use the item in other situations earlier on in the match.

A character with low physical stats must rely on their stealth ability to escape Jason, so if your composure and speed aren't high to begin with, then a minus stealth attribute would make the item less viable. I agree it would be good to balance it out somehow though, especially so that characters with high physical stats don't gain too much of an advantage, even if temporarily.

 

it wouldn't have a whole lot of uses early on anyways. I kinda envisioned it more as a "Jason's on my ass and I got to this far away cabin in order to survive" type of item. In that instance, the sense punishment would just make it easier for Jason to track where you're headed if a Vanessa or Bugsy character uses it to leave a zombie Jason in the dust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

it wouldn't have a whole lot of uses early on anyways. I kinda envisioned it more as a "Jason's on my ass and I got to this far away cabin in order to survive" type of item. In that instance, the sense punishment would just make it easier for Jason to track where you're headed if a Vanessa or Bugsy character uses it to leave a zombie Jason in the dust. 

True, that would be a good way to balance its use for high speed, high stamina characters. I do believe this would be a good item to include in the game. I have a feeling it might even show up at some point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...