1 minute ago, Shadesofjoe said:

I was a bit leery about getting this game for console rather than PC, but I have been remarkably happy with my PS4 experience. I haven't ever felt like I was losing graphics or gameplay quality. The only drawback (and admittedly it's a big one) is the lack of dedicated servers. 

I was away for the past 4 days but so far the patch has seemed to fixed a lot of the crashing on xb1. Ive only been dashboarded once in maybe 15ish games; the quick play is getting a little better. Still 50/50 you get a lobby by yourself that doesn't fill up which is annoying, so they are definitely going in the right direction 

2 minutes ago, FSB75 said:

I assure you....the PC "dedicated servers" are not that different from the console P2P connections.

Then we're all in the same boat... Ladies and gentleman.. it's time.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

Yea thats what I figured so depending on when they actually submitted it to them thats your answer.

That doesnt explain why Steam is waiting...

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, CatherineWalk said:

I just got this same error trying to like that post :)

I'm out of likes to even like your post lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThePainkiller said:

That doesnt explain why Steam is waiting...

Yeah.. good point. 

The 20th is over in close to 2 hours in my time zone. It's ok, I mean the devs are located in the US. My guess is that it will be released reeeallly late, like around 11 pm PST or something.

Does steam not have any sort of authentication process or something? 

12 minutes ago, FSB75 said:

Hopefully I'll be able to get in on some of that double XP this weekend, perhaps an hour or so both days.

Oh, so you might be able to get in half a game, then. That lags out.

18 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

Yea thats what I figured so depending on when they actually submitted it to them thats your answer.

Yeah, kinda. It's not a large update, so the approval process should be relatively quick and painless. Sony and Microsoft are businesses though and their employees do sleep so if Gun didn't submit the patch till last night, it's likely that no one started working on approving it till this morning or afternoon. 

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah.. good point. 

I think they want all Platforms to have the DLC'S out at the same time. No favorites. Tho I would understand PC if they got it first, I know how consoles can be. Too much paperwork. tenor.gif

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

giphy.gif

Quite ambitious aren't you?

Nothing, and I mean nothing will change anything.

I try to avoid using absolutes, and I'm fully aware both "nothing" and "anything" are absolutes, but I'll make an exception in this case.  As a former champion for a few games (CoD, CoD:UO, CoD:MW2, WoW, RtCW, BF2, etc. etc.) over the last 20 years, I used to type and type and type for the "rights" of gamers.  Breaks down like this.....is all about the $$$$$.  Do NOT be fooled for one second.  Developers will do what Publisher pay them to do and nothing more.

Back when I was younger and a lot more naive, there was a forum for Call of Duty.  Infinity Ward developers actually posted and responded there.  Not community managers, not PR, not forums moderator, actual developers.  It was there that my faith in game developers was rocked to my very core.  High on the success of Call of Duty, and the fact that IW was bought by Activision before the first game was even released, many players were asking about the decision to take the series away from WWII and into the present.  CoD:MW.  Long story short, IW-Krunko decided to post a thread entitled, "Who is buying a 360 for the release"....remember, CoD:MW was a release title for the 360.  Oh we complained about how "console" the game was starting to feel, elements of the game that screamed the series was turning into a port for the PC. Deaf ears.  Don't even get me started on Watch Dogs....but the IW developers were actually "dumbing down" the game graphics to console limitations.  Who does that, really?

Point is....if Ft13th devs say the game has to be played on a dial up connection....even if the game dies, that is what will happen.  Trust me.  I mean developers are paid by publishers to make a game...most decisions are actually made by the publisher.

12 minutes ago, CatherineWalk said:

I just got this same error trying to like that post :)

Has anyone asked for more Likes yet on the forums?  Everyone needs to stop being so likable as I run out before I even leave for work :)

Just now, FSB75 said:

Quite ambitious aren't you?

A little too ambitious if you couldn't tell it was a joke. My bad.

1 minute ago, CatherineWalk said:

Has anyone asked for more Likes yet on the forums?  Everyone needs to stop being so likable as I run out before I even leave for work :)

It's been a topic of debate since opening the forums. But I believe that it was buried.

8 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Oh, so you might be able to get in half a game, then. That lags out.

That's only IF I don't get frozen because I tried to shift as Jason or open a window with Bugz.  Lag out....man, you're a dreamer.  You're talking about the 3rd most common way the game crashes, I'm just trying to get by the first 2....LOL.

• Like 1

Remember guys "tomorrow"  translates to at least a week in Gun time.

I hope I'm wrong about that but this has been a trend.

• Like 1

Just now, FlameRiderSD said:

still not updated here in canada its 4:26

It'a 3:28 here. I'm in the U.S. I would make a joke about it being out but I know many would send Jason to my house and have him slam me against the tree till I'm just a bag of jello. Hopefully soon we get it. 

5 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Remember guys "tomorrow"  translates to at least a week in Gun time.

I hope I'm wrong about that but this has been a trend.

:lol:

Any1 else who gets a little bit pissed of if the update not launches this evening?

1 minute ago, Joahen said:

Any1 else who gets a little bit pissed of if the update not launches this evening?

I'll be a little pissed. Mainly because of the irony of the situation. But we'll get it eventually. 

Gun just needs to triple fucking check their release dates.

2 minutes ago, Joahen said:

I'll be a little disappointed but shit happens. It's not like I paid for this stuff.

• Like 2