9 minutes ago, Sweedy said:

The last update was around 8pm GMT for me, so I expected it to be this evening. Why does everyone else think it should be available first thing in the morning? Just like GTA DLC is Tuesdays at around 11am, has been since forever, so F13 is Tuesdays at 8pm, no? 

It's past 8PM over here already, so the day is pretty much gone. Point is, if you don't want upset people considering that you are dealing with all regions around the world, simply just don't announce it. Post the video after releasing the content, that way people can watch it and understand why they got free stuff, and it was to say "Sorry guys, we gave you something that had more bugs than the Amazon, here is some cool free goodies to try and make up for everything"

Instead they worked arse to front, releasing a video that got people hyped, and the majority are disappointed, because the 20th is a subjective date where the release time is determined by when they feel it's necessary to release

Still has to be approved by sony and microsoft don't it?

Just now, Arcanecynic said:

It's past 8PM over here already 

That's why I said GMT.

We almost got two completely different stories:

1. A movie that remakes 1-2-3,features Elias,Pamela AND Jason as killers. It also tried to subtly explain Jason's origins. (Gusakowski draft)

2. A balls out ultimate Friday homage,set in the 80s. (Antosca draft)

Personally I thought the Antosca draft was fantastic and we were robbed the chance to see it on the big screen.

2 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Platinum Dunes was about to start a new one, but mercifully Paramount pulled the plug due to RINGS bombing.

Now that's just a rumor that because Rings was a bad movie that's why the pulled it, we really don't know what happened behind the scenes. It sucks, but all we can do is hope someone over there changes their minds and get it working. 

2 minutes ago, Arcanecynic said:

It's past 8PM over here already, so the day is pretty much gone. Point is, if you don't want upset people considering that you are dealing with all regions around the world, simply just don't announce it. Post the video after releasing the content, that way people can watch it and understand why they got free stuff, and it was to say "Sorry guys, we have you something that had more bugs than the Amazon, here is some cool free goodies to try and make up for everything"

Instead they worked arse to front, releasing a video that got people hyped, and the majority are disappointed, because the 20th is a subjective date where the release time is determined by when they feel it's necessary to release

Some fair points actually.  It's 19:30 here in the UK. I'll be getting off soon and will be back online tomorrow,  hopefully you guys get some games as retro Jason tonight. 

3 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well it's updated, still would be copyrighted. They could have had the rights for the music to be remade but other then that I'm still happy we are getting something while we wait for the new maps and single player. 

You don't actually need to get authorization to cover a song, you just need to give songwriting credit to the original author. Otherwise Weird Al would probably never have had a career. 

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Well they are a big company, Sony and Microsoft have to please them, smaller companies they could care less about. I mean look what happened to PS4 when they had the DLC leak. It was a mess, that wouldn't have happen if Gun was a bigger company. 

I swear to god that small team excuse doesn't work for me. Will Sony/MS make exceptions for big $$$ devs? ofcourse, I don't doubt that for a second. However if the small teams do their responsibilities and submit the completed and correct data needed at the deadline Sony/MS would not shun them. 

The hotfixes(lack of) still drives me nuts; I see smaller teams using these as workarounds but Ben said they are not able to yet. Something along the lines of once they do  x amount of patches then they will be able to take advantage of that solution which will make life so much better. I am not going to call him a liar on that because I don't know. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

You don't actually need to get authorization to cover a song, you just need to give songwriting credit to the original author. Otherwise Weird Al would probably never have had a career. 

I know there is credit but from how youtube acts with the copyright claims it's weird. I love Weird Al, he cracks me up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

weird al asked for permission for all of his covers though as a courtesy 

• Like 1

So when a game just does a normal update no dlc addon ect does it still have to be approved by sony and micro?

1 minute ago, urbt said:

I swear to god that small team excuse doesn't work for me. Will Sony/MS make exceptions for big $$$ devs? ofcourse, I don't doubt that for a second. However if the small teams do their responsibilities and submit the completed and correct data needed at the deadline Sony/MS would not shun them. 

The hotfixes(lack of) still drives me nuts; I see smaller teams using these as workarounds but Ben said they are not able to yet. Something along the lines of once they do  x amount of patches then they will be able to take advantage of that solution which will make life so much better. I am not going to call him a liar on that because I don't know. 

Alright, I'll remember this when you start up a small team and are being hounded by people. I mean they have like 7 people working on all of this. Yes if you promise something you gotta stick to it and I agree but when it's all about money with big companies they don't really care for the little guy. The dev team is working on this and yes I want this DLC out like everyone else. We all should be working together to make this all work.

2 minutes ago, Bigurn said:

So when a game just does a normal update no dlc addon ect does it still have to be approved by sony and micro?

Probably, yes. Which is what i'm fearing since we saw how shit like that went in the past.

5 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

Now that's just a rumor that because Rings was a bad movie that's why the pulled it, we really don't know what happened behind the scenes. It sucks, but all we can do is hope someone over there changes their minds and get it working. 

Paramount needs to give it to someone else, other than Platinum Dunes. Platinum Dunes has proven they aren't qualified to handle the franchise. We need a producer who is actually a fan, and who is actually talented, and not grasping for a trendy vision that they thing will ring true with the zeitgeist, like they are.

Quit your belly aching you cry babies! They said it would come today...and...(shock)...today isn't over yet. Christ, are you guys like this all the time?:lol:

Wait...nevermind. 

• Like 2

Just now, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Paramount needs to give it to someone else, other than Platinum Dunes. Platinum Dunes has proven they aren't qualified to handle the franchise. We need a producer who is actually a fan, and who is actually talented, and not grasping for a trendy vision that they thing will ring true with the zeitgeist, like they are.

I agree, fans can make and ruin films. So you gotta be careful they don't stay too true to the movies, I would like to see either a remake or a retelling of the films, maybe more like how Friday the 13th the game is doing. Finding the tapes help bring in more lore for me. 

Just now, VideodromeStereo said:

Quit your belly aching you cry babies! They said it would come today...and...(shock)...today isn't over yet. Christ, are you guys like this all the time?:lol:

Wait...nevermind. 

Given past experiences with patches, how the devs said they don't even know what time it comes, and how it's already half way through the day and well past hours when the store updates, people have a right to be suspicious and voice their concerns.

Saying everyone here are "cry babies" does not help your case. It just makes you look like an asshole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VideodromeStereo said:

Wait...nevermind. 

I'm fine. I'm not crying, I'm just eating some pizza and waiting. Until the clock hits midnight then I'm not gonna cry. XW5FDnh.gif

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Probably, yes. Which is what i'm fearing since we saw how shit like that went in the past.

Yeah the only reason I ask is I never heard of this update till like 2 day's ago, so if they did just suddenly announce it it's doubtful it will come out today as it can take awhile for approval. I could be wrong of course 

7 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I mean they have like 7 people working on all of this. 

Illfonic has around 30 employees working on it. So they are definitely a small team,but it's not "3 people working in a refrigerator box with software from 2001" that everyone sometimes equates it to.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigurn said:

Yeah the only reason I ask is I never heard of this update till like 2 day's ago, so if they did just suddenly announce it it's doubtful it will come out today as it can take awhile for approval. I could be wrong of course 

They announced this update yesterday.... are you from the future? tumblr_inline_opqhj99vhp1r8272g_400.gif

1 minute ago, Bigurn said:

I think they've been working on this and planning it for at least a week. But as someone mentioned above, they might have hit a snag.

Just now, Ghostboy20 said:

They announced this update yesterday.... are you from the future? 

I also second this.

Just now, thatdudescott said:

Illfonic has around 30 employees working on it. So they are definitely a small team,but it's not "3 people working in a refrigerator box with software from 2001" that people sometimes equate it to.

Didn't know it was 30, I kept hearing it was a small small team lol Well, still, they don't have so many hands to keep up like big companies, I let it slide just a hair, I'm still wanting them to stay true to their words but it's hard for them to keep afloat when you have big name companies with far more money and power to get what they want.