It is very difficult to identify the triggered traps on Jason's map. Especially when the trap icon is over another icon on the map.

Please, Devs, do something to better highlight which trap was triggered. Maybe changing its color.

• Like 3

100% agree. Triggered traps are very, very hard to pick out on the map. Just make the red diamond in the middle flash or something, please.

• Like 2

Yes please! I've I've waited so many morphs because I went back to the wrong trap.

• Like 1

I've got the same issue I can't really tell where the trap has gone off at on the map, and end up morphing to the wrong location. Giving the counselors enough time to finish what they were doing. Maybe an arrow icon thrown on top followed by the words triggered could be a simple fix?

• Like 1

It would be nice if untriggered traps were bright green and triggered traps turned red like they are now.

• Like 2

I disagree. Showing triggered traps will reduce strategy in the game. If you want to know where a trap was triggered, place only one trap at a time or check which trap is most important to check strategically. You should get punished for trap spamming. There has to be counter play to getting trapped or else getting trapped means guaranteed death which is dumb

Edited by havek
  • Like 1

I can see the point you make havek, but at the same time if a trap is triggered by a counsellor stepping in it, then I am all for its map icon being changed in some way so the Jason player knows which of their traps has been sprung and thereby knows where to Morph to, if his Morph ability is available, which is something only the Jason player can actually know, as even if you are aware of the skills allotted cooldown time for the Jason being used, you still have no way of knowing exactly when the Jason player uses their Morph skill unless they Morph into your path... of course if the trap is disarmed with a pocket knife the icon should not change unless the Jason character passes within a certain radius of the traps location, similar to how counsellor characters react to the presence of a team mate's corpse when you get within a certain distance

on a side note, don't know if such a perk already exists, but perhaps the introduction of a perk that grants a percentage chance that a pocket knife will not be expended when a trap is sprung, with the down side being a reduction in the amount of stamina regained when breaking free from Jason's grasp/or making it more difficult to escape Jason's grasp?

I mean, as much as I want to agree with you as a Jason player that loves to trap I feel this would make it even easier to kill. As a Counselor this would suck soooo bad... 

I don't remember but does the trap icon disappear when used? If that's the case then Just remember where your trap were placed.

Either make it more visible to see on the map by having it flash a bit more maybe in yellow for example or make a larger than usual "sound bubble" thing on the screen so you at least know the direction the trap that got set off is in.

By the way, spamming traps is a strategy for Jason just like a counselor using a packet knife to disarm these traps. Keep in min that not all Jason's have a lot of traps to use. I think its just Part two that starts off with 5 of them.

8 hours ago, havek said:

You should get punished for trap spamming. There has to be counter play to getting trapped or else getting trapped means guaranteed death which is dumb

Traps are there to be used. Using assets available to you, especially those of limited quantity, is not "spamming". The counter to being trapped is using a pocket knife to disarm the trap. However, for any add that would "buff" Jason I would suggest an equal measure to support and buff the counselor in the interest of game balance.

1) Make sprung and unsprung traps different colors. Sprung traps disappear from the map for Jason after 2 minutes.

2) Traps sprung by pocketknife continue to show as unsprung for a short duration. (Say 30 seconds).

3) Create a perk that buffs the duration of pocketknife sprung traps not displaying for Jason and allows counselors to break free of traps easier to replace to current one regarding breaking free of traps.

Creates strategy and helps both sides. If Jason hears a trap go off, but is giving chase to someone, he may miss of opportunity to notice a sprung trap since it will eventually fall off the map (better remember where you placed them). Also gives counselors willing to use the pocketknife on a trap some breathing space since the trap won't show immediately. Also allows them to gain a perk to make getting out of traps easier, and popping them with the knife more effective.

• Like 1

I disagree completely. Jason should not know which trap has gone off. Similar to repair fails. He shouldn't know the exact location. It's extremely one sided for Jason to stack 3 traps on a fuse box and he also automatically knows which trap was set off.

6 minutes ago, Donnie Deado said:

I disagree completely. Jason should not know which trap has gone off. Similar to repair fails. He shouldn't know the exact location. It's extremely one sided for Jason to stack 3 traps on a fuse box and he also automatically knows which trap was set off.

Can you literally stack three traps on top of another? I literally haven't tried or experienced this yet?

I agree with the original post, Some traps are really hard to see with the map icons under them.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 5:18 AM, havek said:

I disagree. Showing triggered traps will reduce strategy in the game. If you want to know where a trap was triggered, place only one trap at a time or check which trap is most important to check strategically. You should get punished for trap spamming. There has to be counter play to getting trapped or else getting trapped means guaranteed death which is dumb

Dear friend,
The triggered traps are already shown (the full diamond inside the trap on map). This is, the game already intends and wants to provide Jason with this information.
My suggestion is just to make this highlight be clearer and work as desired by the developers. Trap spamming dont exist... it's only 3, 5 or 7 traps against
dozen pocketknives and 7 counselors... a lot job, already, to Jason deal with.
Also consider that the map will only be checked if Jason, in the middle of this whole job, notices the sound of triggered traps warning and then goes to check the map. Sometimes he doesn't even notice the sound.

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 1:50 PM, Alkavian said:

Also allows them to gain a perk to make getting out of traps easier

Already exists... I found this perk two days ago:

Scout
Escape from Jason’s traps and counselor placed bear traps more easily.

• + Trap Escape Bonus
  • – More Damage Taken

1 minute ago, bobmussini said:

Already exists... I found this perk two days ago:

Scout
Escape from Jason’s traps and counselor placed bear traps more easily.

• + Trap Escape Bonus
  • – More Damage Taken

Correct. That is why I said to replace it in bullet #3. I could not remember the name of the perk when I made the post. Make the perk affect when Jason can perceive triggered traps in addition to giving a bonus to getting free of them.

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

Correct. That is why I said to replace it in bullet #3. I could not remember the name of the perk when I made the post. Make the perk affect when Jason can perceive triggered traps in addition to giving a bonus to getting free of them.

Ah ... Yes .... Now I got it right.