What are our thoughts? After listening to all of them, my opinions are very mixed. There's a lot I didn't like. Namely Pamela outright confessing to murder, running out of the police station while making threats, and the police saying "eh, fuck it." Pamela outright cursing Crystal Lake was a bit over the top as well. But some other things leave me conflicted. Jason being a child of rape for example. It's even implied Jason's father was possibly a supernatural force. It's also implied Jason's had a 'connection' with his mother since childhood. So what's everyone's opinion? I'm curious.

50 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

What are our thoughts? After listening to all of them, my opinions are very mixed. There's a lot I didn't like. Namely Pamela outright confessing to murder, running out of the police station while making threats, and the police saying "eh, fuck it." Pamela outright cursing Crystal Lake was a bit over the top as well. But some other things leave me conflicted. Jason being a child of rape for example. It's even implied Jason's father was possibly a supernatural force. It's also implied Jason's had a 'connection' with his mother since childhood. So what's everyone's opinion? I'm curious.

They are Friday the 13th's equivalent of the Star Wars Christmas Special. All copies need to be deleted and the hard drives they were on burned. 

They confirm Jason definitely drowned, a mystery that never needed solving. Pamela was raped by a mysterious man: poorly written, handled, and inexcusable. Elias being her husband, not the father of Jason, and her killing him because "Jason told me to" is terrible. Tommy's dad being the doctor seeing her for...reasons, since he says he is not a shrink, just to connect the Jarvis family is unnecessary and stupid. All in all, they were worse than Ridley Scott deciding to explain the xenomorph's origins and were the quality of writing I would expect from Rob Zombie. 

They have seriously made me question the team's taste going forward with the future of the game. Hearing them yesterday made me not even want to play the game and I would likely ragequit if I found one. 

22 minutes ago, Ban_All_Music said:

They are Friday the 13th's equivalent of the Star Wars Christmas Special. All copies need to be deleted and the hard drives they were on burned. 

They confirm Jason definitely drowned, a mystery that never needed solving. Pamela was raped by a mysterious man: poorly written, handled, and inexcusable. Elias being her husband, not the father of Jason, and her killing him because "Jason told me to" is terrible. Tommy's dad being the doctor seeing her for...reasons, since he says he is not a shrink, just to connect the Jarvis family is unnecessary and stupid. All in all, they were worse than Ridley Scott deciding to explain the xenomorph's origins and were the quality of writing I would expect from Rob Zombie. 

They have seriously made me question the team's taste going forward with the future of the game. Hearing them yesterday made me not even want to play the game and I would likely ragequit if I found one.

Maybe chill? Also "They confirm Jason definitely drowned" That is simply not true. Your statement is incorrect and unrepresentative of reality. "Pamela was raped by a mysterious man: poorly written, handled, and inexcusable." Care to elaborate? As for everything else you said, I think I mostly agree. The writing was certainly clunky as hell.

I haven't come across a single one of these in the God-knows-how-many games I've played since release.

Yeah how the heck did you get all the tapes already? I really want to hear them all.

35 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

Maybe chill? Also "They confirm Jason definitely drowned" That is simply not true. Your statement is incorrect and unrepresentative of reality. "Pamela was raped by a mysterious man: poorly written, handled, and inexcusable." Care to elaborate? As for everything else you said, I think I mostly agree. The writing was certainly clunky as hell.

Unfortunately listened back. When Tommy's dad is called back, it is implied that a body was found. Whether or not it was Jason or Elias wasn't confirmed, though implied to be Elias. You are correct there. Side note, what is with Tom's obsession with Elias? If he had his way, there would now be two different Elias's...one that Pam married and killed and one that is Jason's rapist dad who is doing...something. 

Reasons why Pam's rape is poorly written, handled, and inexcusable: possibly the worst thing you can do to a woman, gives her a reason to be crazy(as if her mentally handicapped son drowning wasn't enough), and gives further evidence that Jason more than likely raped Chris. If his father is some implied supernatural raping entity that is possibly stalking a woman he "assaulted" and Jason possesses those same supernatural evil qualities from him...yeah.

It's also stepping on Freddy's turf...the "bastard son of a hundred maniacs." 

I'm chill. I am looking at it from an objective perspective. Take out the terrible lore and you still have bad writing due to the overuse of profanity, which would work if this was a reboot. It goes against her as a character. 

Away from writing, the editing is kinda funny. Tape 10 is Pam turning on the recorder for...reasons. They try to turn it off and then Tape 11 immediately picks up with Pamela's last line and Lee trying to turn on the recorder that was never turned off. 

@JohnnyKapow Someone on YouTube got them, uploaded them, and apparently posted directions on how to get them. 

These tapes make me wonder if the team actually even watched the full Friday the 13th series or just the first 6..

Because this whole mystery man rape conception of Jason completely invalidates Jason Goes to Hell.

Originally Elias Voorhees married Pam, got her pregnant, but then left her because of unknown reasons (though some people have claimed it was because Pamela started hearing her unborn son talk to her while she was still pregnant), he then remarried and fathered Diana Voorhees (later Diana Kimble after her half brother became infamous), and then of course Diana had Jessica and Jessica had Stephanie.  Either way, 3 blood relatives to Jason, and Elias Voorhees' whereabouts were unknown.

It was because of Diana and her daughter and granddaughter's blood relationship to Jason that they were both a threat to him and a means of rebirth for him.

Now Jason Goes to Hell had already retconned that Jason never originally drowned which had been the explanation for Jason in parts 2-4 and he only became supernatural in part 6 and beyond.  Jason Goes to Hell involved the Necronomicon and something along the lines of Pamela using the Necronomicon to bring Jason "back" so he was always supernatural (possessed by an evil spirit in his body)

But the Pamela tapes... retcon Jason Goes to Hell, claiming Elias was not Jason's father, meaning that Diana and Jessica Kimble were NOT blood relatives of his so they wouldn't have been able to kill or revive him.  It washes the whole plot out the window.

2 hours ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Yeah how the heck did you get all the tapes already? I really want to hear them all.

He probably listened to them on YouTube. I am close to level 50 and haven't come across a single tape so far.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rok73 said:

He probably listened to them on YouTube. I am close to level 50 and haven't come across a single tape so far.

Bingo!

10 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

I'm chill. I am looking at it from an objective perspective. Take out the terrible lore and you still have bad writing due to the overuse of profanity, which would work if this was a reboot. It goes against her as a character.

"Hearing them yesterday made me not even want to play the game and I would likely ragequit if I found one.  "

4 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

Bingo!

"Hearing them yesterday made me not even want to play the game and I would likely ragequit if I found one.  "

Because they were so bad and from what Wes said, sounded like we were in for something good. You know when you are watching a movie or tv show and they do something that is so bad you want to throw the remote and/or not finish it? Same feelings. Can look at it objectively and still feel that I want to walk far away from it. 

4 hours ago, Ban_All_Music said:

Because they were so bad and from what Wes said, sounded like we were in for something good. You know when you are watching a movie or tv show and they do something that is so bad you want to throw the remote and/or not finish it? Same feelings. Can look at it objectively and still feel that I want to walk far away from it. 

Yeah I haven't found one yet but if they really are using rape as you mentioned, I am not down with that in the least. 

2 minutes ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

Yeah I haven't found one yet but if they really are using rape as you mentioned, I am not down with that in the least. 

Since you are in the spoiler topic...doesn't get too detailed, she says he held her down and there was nothing she could do but let him do what he did. She had Jason, then married Elias to feel safe cause she felt like the rapist was out there watching her. Goes crazy, kills Elias. Whether Jason drowned or not, Pam was going to go on a murder spree eventually since she was already hearing "Kill him, mommy" in her head.

Found another Pamela tape tonight. Was clearing out my Dad's attic, helping them move to their new house...the Pamela Anderson VHS tape my older brother kept under the bed in the 90's....was finally discovered by our Mum, she was another level of pissed off! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Ick. Don't like the sound of this at all. As someone already pointed out, it contradicts JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY, and even the cut scenes from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI with Jason's father (that are still in the novelization).

It's a cute little extra for the game, but as far as my head canon goes, I'll be putting this alongside the flashbacks to Jason's childhood in the JASON VS. LEATHERFACE comics (which also showed Pamela killing Elias).

15 minutes ago, RKSDooM said:

Ick. Don't like the sound of this at all. As someone already pointed out, it contradicts JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY, and even the cut scenes from FRIDAY THE 13TH PART VI with Jason's father (that are still in the novelization).

It's a cute little extra for the game, but as far as my head canon goes, I'll be putting this alongside the flashbacks to Jason's childhood in the JASON VS. LEATHERFACE comics (which also showed Pamela killing Elias).

Trust me Dr Doom, when you find that Pamela tape - it's 1990's perfection!

17 hours ago, I Hate Spectate said:

These tapes make me wonder if the team actually even watched the full Friday the 13th series or just the first 6..

Because this whole mystery man rape conception of Jason completely invalidates Jason Goes to Hell.

Originally Elias Voorhees married Pam, got her pregnant, but then left her because of unknown reasons (though some people have claimed it was because Pamela started hearing her unborn son talk to her while she was still pregnant), he then remarried and fathered Diana Voorhees (later Diana Kimble after her half brother became infamous), and then of course Diana had Jessica and Jessica had Stephanie.  Either way, 3 blood relatives to Jason, and Elias Voorhees' whereabouts were unknown.

It was because of Diana and her daughter and granddaughter's blood relationship to Jason that they were both a threat to him and a means of rebirth for him.

Now Jason Goes to Hell had already retconned that Jason never originally drowned which had been the explanation for Jason in parts 2-4 and he only became supernatural in part 6 and beyond.  Jason Goes to Hell involved the Necronomicon and something along the lines of Pamela using the Necronomicon to bring Jason "back" so he was always supernatural (possessed by an evil spirit in his body)

But the Pamela tapes... retcon Jason Goes to Hell, claiming Elias was not Jason's father, meaning that Diana and Jessica Kimble were NOT blood relatives of his so they wouldn't have been able to kill or revive him.  It washes the whole plot out the window.

Honestly, I consider the tapes just a fun non-canon dialogue to listen too. Keep in mind, Pamela could've just made up the rapist and Elias is still out there at tha t time. We don't know if Pamela might have abused Jason too from protecting him too much. She's always been seen in the worst mental state. Heck, in Pamela's tale from the Wildstorm comics, she kills Elias when she's pregnant with him because he told her to (Elias is portrayed like he always is as abusive white trash, but a huge guy).

Also, the Fridays after Part 6 were generally not well received.

10 minutes ago, Beetlejuice91 said:

Honestly, I consider the tapes just a fun non-canon dialogue to listen too. Keep in mind, Pamela could've just made up the rapist and Elias is still out there at tha t time. We don't know if Pamela might have abused Jason too from protecting him too much. She's always been seen in the worst mental state. Heck, in Pamela's tale from the Wildstorm comics, she kills Elias when she's pregnant with him because he told her to (Elias is portrayed like he always is as abusive white trash, but a huge guy).

Also, the Fridays after Part 6 were generally not well received.

Well received or not, canon is canon(he is also in the game). The comics are not canon, so any representation of Elias is fan fiction. We have only seen her after Jason was "dead," so we have no idea what her mental state was like before other than fan fiction.

MAJOR SPOILERS:

I don't think that it contradicts the current lore at all. Here are my take aways:

• -The interview takes place on June 15, 1957 - Jason's birthday. The detectives guess that he is 12, but she later corrects them and says he was 10. The two counselors killed at the beginning of Friday the 13th are killed in the "summer of 1958" - Almost assuredly on June 15th.
  • -Jason has obviously just drowned. The police are looking for his body during the interview. She keeps asking why the detectives aren't out looking with the others. An exchange with Dr. Jarvis goes like this:
    •     Dr. J - "They wanted me to talk to you. They are concerned about the...*hesitates* situation with your son"
    •     P - "What situation??"
    •     Dr. J - "Well, if they are unable to recover his-
    •     The are interrupted by an officer saying the doctor is needed at the camp ASAP. Pamela calls after him "Did they find my boy??"

They tell us in more than one way during these tapes - Jason drowns.

• - Over the course of the interview, Pamela blurts out that she killed her husband, Elias. This did not JUST happen, time wise. They did not find him at the camp. It slipped while they were going back and forth over the husband vs dad thing.
  • - Pamela states that Jason told her when he was very young to "Kill him mommy. He's hurting me again". This could very well fit with the lore. Pamela gets raped by the supernatural force, who then hovers around them, watching. She specifically says she married Elias to protect her from him/it. So the "rumors" from Jason Goes to Hell that he left her when she started hearing her unborn child talking to her are almost assuredly correct. He leaves her, and starts his new family. He is "hurting" Jason by having more and more children, so Jason send her out after him. 

So Pamela is at some location ("..it doesn't matter where I was") and gets raped by some guy who is hinted to be supernatural. His eyes burn with an intense hatred, and he doesn't talk. He leaves her, but she can feel him watching. She starts hearing the child talk to her WHILE ITS STILL IN HER. She continues hearing him throughout the rest of his life. My one hang up - why is he out in the lake? If he is a murderous, demon-like omen child, why go into the lake and "die"?

I have two theories on this:

He really did have a demonic intellect, and knew he would come back with the help of the Necronomicon. My second theory, and what I believe is the true story, is that the voice she was hearing all those years and all that time was never even Jason's. The dark force that raped her was never "out there" watching, it was IN her, growing. THAT is why Jason has those burning, hate-filled eyes. THAT is why he does not talk, like her rapist. A demon would also presumably know about the Necronomicon, and would plan to use it to come back to life. He would also plot to have Pamela kill Elias, knowing that that bloodline would be a danger to him.

What do you think? Listen to the tapes and reevaluate my theory/analysis :D 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2017 at 4:43 AM, Guy said:

I haven't come across a single one of these in the God-knows-how-many games I've played since release.

Same here.

18 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Found another Pamela tape tonight. Was clearing out my Dad's attic, helping them move to their new house...the Pamela Anderson VHS tape my older brother kept under the bed in the 90's....was finally discovered by our Mum, she was another level of pissed off! 

Winner winner chicken dinner!!! ?

15 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

MAJOR SPOILERS:

I don't think that it contradicts the current lore at all. Here are my take aways:

• -The interview takes place on June 15, 1957 - Jason's birthday. The detectives guess that he is 12, but she later corrects them and says he was 10. The two counselors killed at the beginning of Friday the 13th are killed in the "summer of 1958" - Almost assuredly on June 15th.

Jason's birthday was June 13th, not the 15th.

20 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

Found his old copy of Barb Wire, eh? 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Jason's birthday was June 13th, not the 15th.

I just re-listened to it and she says "He was 10 yesterday, did you know that?" Which would actually make it the 14th, according to his own mother :P I didn't realize there was other material that stated his birthday.