Sign in to follow this  

15 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason would never catch anyone unless they were at zero stamina if they put a delay on grab after shift. Instead put a delay before kills can be done after a successful grab, then your team could free you if they are next to you. If you were alone, you'll die because that's what happens when you're alone with Jason.

I call BS to this argument. Even undead Jasons can easily outpace a wounded councilor. Between Shift Melee Strikes and throwing knives, Jason would still be more than capable of cleaning house.

2 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

Or maybe just make kill animations interruptible. That would be useful, wink wink GUN/ILLFONIC

I agree with that as a possible balance option too, say with weapon kills you should be able to disrupt it up until the weapon first makes contact with the counsellor

13 hours ago, bobmussini said:

Guys,
In my opinion, there is no need to create more delay after the Shift-Grab move.
There is already a delay between Jason grabbing and execute a counselor.
Often, Jason needs to move a little after the grab to take up space for an execution.
It is very easy, today, to another counselor help a friend in this time span.
Besides, Shift+Grab is not as simple as it sounds.
ANd.... if You are at high fear level and / or standing still, it is a natural risk of the game to get caught by Jason's shift-Grab.

Couselors can run much more than Jason, they have time to get loose, have the option of having a pocketknife, can make Jason stunt.
On the other side, Jason players only has the talent to know how to use Shift+Grab as a resource. And still requires recharge time to use.
It's not fair to take this from Jason.
Let's find more ways to play better as counselors without nerfing Jason, Guys.

No clue what game you've been playing. It sounds like the opposite of the current game mechanics.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

No clue what game you've been playing. It sounds like the opposite of the current game mechanics.

No he encountered councelors that know what they are doing. Just because most players suck does mean that all of them do. Good councellors wipe the floor with jasons in a duo for 20 minutes straight if need be.

9 hours ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

So... Point where I'm wrong.

I believe the idea Lex had would solve this issue. Typically a shift grab is instant death because Jason will use the quick easy kill over and over instead of going for a little style. If his grab kills are consumable "limited to how many times he can use each of his 4 kills" it would give the counselors a slight edge in breaking free because he will need to find a good spot to use some of the more complicated kills once he burns his quick easy kills. 

Good god no.

Idk why so many people want nerfs to Jason, he's suppose to be OP. You are suppose to die even if you do everything right.

And I really hope the devs don't take advice from a macro user. Watched a cheater on livestream yesterday using a macro and was able to teleport before a stun animation was over when he was Jason.

12 hours ago, The Arrogant Man said:

I call BS to this argument. Even undead Jasons can easily outpace a wounded councilor. Between Shift Melee Strikes and throwing knives, Jason would still be more than capable of cleaning house.

In my opinion we should also get rid of shift-melee, but what you say is not entirely correct. With people getting epic damage resistance, it takes a good amount of swings to slow down a survivor.

I also think Voorheesajollygoodfellow's argument is BS.

A small delay of 0.5 seconds is all that's needed.
With this Jason can still kill everyone without hitting/grabbing straight out of a shift.

Sometimes you will have to drain their stamina, yes, but why is that bad that that is there?

• Like 1

On 19/06/2017 at 2:17 PM, bobmussini said:

Guys,
In my opinion, there is no need to create more delay after the Shift-Grab move.
There is already a delay between Jason grabbing and execute a counselor.
Often, Jason needs to move a little after the grab to take up space for an execution.
It is very easy, today, to another counselor help a friend in this time span.
Besides, Shift+Grab is not as simple as it sounds.
ANd.... if You are at high fear level and / or standing still, it is a natural risk of the game to get caught by Jason's shift-Grab.

Couselors can run much more than Jason, they have time to get loose, have the option of having a pocketknife, can make Jason stunt.
On the other side, Jason players only has the talent to know how to use Shift+Grab as a resource. And still requires recharge time to use.
It's not fair to take this from Jason.
Let's find more ways to play better as counselors without nerfing Jason, Guys.

Ok, well since you asked, the only thing I'd agree with is if you are at high fear level or standing still its a risk to get caught, but considering his unrealistic grab length it's a bit iffy when you are trying to escape.

The delay and movement between Jason grabbing and killing is dismissable, it's almost an instant kill. A flick of the analog stick and the press of a button and you are good to go. And in most cases it can happen before the counselor can do anything. I would be ok with this if his grab range wasn't so unrealistic.

Saving a team member in any game that has been grabbed by jason is rare unless Jason is standing still, there is a small gap, that's all. A counselors attack range is hardly long enough to attack a walking Jason. Or even a walking counselor. Unless you are in a large group.

Shift grab is really simple, I play the game, I've been able to do this since I started, you just press the shift button, fly into a counselors rear, then press the grab button, works everytime. For me anyway.

Counselors, can run, but they also take damage, lose stamina, make noise when they run. Jason has infinite stamina, can teleport and shift. So I'd say that out does anything a counselor can do. They have hardly anytime to get out of his grab unless he is doing an environmental kill and pocket knives are quite uncommon.

So all in all I'd say that making a delay between shift and grab is hardly going to make Jason become as weak as Calista Flockhart.

18 minutes ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

The delay and movement between Jason grabbing and killing is dismissable, it's almost an instant kill. A flick of the analog stick and the press of a button and you are good to go. And in most cases it can happen before the counselor can do anything. I would be ok with this if his grab range wasn't so unrealistic.

Thank you, man,
So... That's the part that shows why I desagree.... I never had this instant kill oportunity and always need to walk a little to do so... And I have seeing a lot o Jasons taking a hard (stunning) time when surrounded.
Maybe Its just a case of me don't see these instant kills often like you... And maybe I'm a bad Jason player, too.
I try to kill fast and instant kill, but I never succeed.

30 minutes ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

Ok, well since you asked, the only thing I'd agree with is if you are at high fear level or standing still its a risk to get caught, but considering his unrealistic grab length it's a bit iffy when you are trying to escape.

Saving a team member in any game that has been grabbed by jason is rare unless Jason is standing still, there is a small gap, that's all. A counselors attack range is hardly long enough to attack a walking Jason. Or even a walking counselor. Unless you are in a large group.

Shift grab is really simple, I play the game, I've been able to do this since I started, you just press the shift button, fly into a counselors rear, then press the grab button, works everytime. For me anyway.

Counselors, can run, but they also take damage, lose stamina, make noise when they run. Jason has infinite stamina, can teleport and shift. So I'd say that out does anything a counselor can do. They have hardly anytime to get out of his grab unless he is doing an environmental kill and pocket knives are quite uncommon.

So all in all I'd say that making a delay between shift and grab is hardly going to make Jason become as weak as Calista Flockhart.

One more reason why I could not perform insta-kills:

I never use Choke, all my choices of kills must be slow and need more space to execute. That's why I need to walk a little

2 hours ago, bobmussini said:

I never use Choke, all my choices of kills must be slow and need more space to execute. That's why I need to walk a little

Yeah but most people will use choke, which is frustrating because as if the grab range wasn't annoying enough.

I don't use choke either because I bought kills that are far more awesome and because I feel like it's more fair to other players.

I don't shift grab anymore as I know how annoying it can be. The thing is, the idea of a delay between shift and grab sounds reasonable, with Jasons grab range being the distance of two doorways and grab strength which is completely ridiculous, not to mention they can be grabbed around objects/furniture and Jason doesn't even have to be directly looking at them. If they fixed that, then Shift grabbing would not be a problem. If they changed shift grab to a more powerful shift and slash that would be ok with the current mechanics.

16 hours ago, bobmussini said:

So... Point where I'm wrong.

Every5hing. Literally everything you said. Wrong.

On 21/06/2017 at 1:22 AM, Pikalicious said:

Every5hing. Literally everything you said. Wrong.

Calm down.

If I see, in my experience, that Jason always has a delay time between grabbing, lift the victim (take a second or more) and the execution - even if it is tha called insta-kill, it is clear that there is already time to other conselours prevent the execution.
You have SOME reason, but I am not too wrong. Even -nsta-kills take a second to lift the counselors.
And even if it was instantaneous, my point of view is that the Counselor already has the resources to defend himself (flee, pocketknives, form groups, etc.) If he was caught it's unlucky for him. Everyone must be tired of seeing Jason surrounded and struggling, with instant execution or not.
take a search on this forum and you will found guys talking about Jason surrounded and getting stunned.

On 20/06/2017 at 1:57 PM, MidnightCallerXx said:

Yeah but most people will use choke, which is frustrating because as if the grab range wasn't annoying enough.

I don't use choke either because I bought kills that are far more awesome and because I feel like it's more fair to other players.

I don't shift grab anymore as I know how annoying it can be. The thing is, the idea of a delay between shift and grab sounds reasonable, with Jasons grab range being the distance of two doorways and grab strength which is completely ridiculous, not to mention they can be grabbed around objects/furniture and Jason doesn't even have to be directly looking at them. If they fixed that, then Shift grabbing would not be a problem. If they changed shift grab to a more powerful shift and slash that would be ok with the current mechanics.

Yes, grab range needs to be adjusted.

I'll throw my two cents in.

shift grab is an obvious issue but its a necessity if you are are undead Jason.

I propose a decrease in grab range at the very least. A delay for grab out of shift could hurt undead Jasons exponentially. Part 7 would become literally unusable for me.

With the running jasons you can easily catch wounded or out of stamina counselors. But undead Jasons still have a rough time keeping up. I've had Vanessa out run me when she's out of stamina. So, yeah. I shift grabbed her and stuck a pitchfork in the back of her head.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'll throw my two cents in.

I propose a decrease in grab range at the very least. A delay for grab out of shift could hurt undead Jasons exponentially. Part 7 would become literally unusable for me.

With the running jasons you can easily catch wounded or out of stamina counselors. But undead Jasons still have a rough time keeping up. I've had Vanessa out run me when she's out of stamina. So, yeah. I shift grabbed her and stuck a pitchfork in the back of her head.

That's exactly my point...

Shift grab can be an advantage. But you cannot want to take out any advantage of Jason. A delay will impair the balance of the game. And I do not think there's an imbalance today.... beyond the clear absurdity of Jason's grab reach.

On 6/22/2017 at 7:36 AM, lHeartBreakerl said:

With the running jasons you can easily catch wounded or out of stamina counselors. But undead Jasons still have a rough time keeping up. 

This I all fundamentally agree with. Shift grab is absolutely necessary to keep within the game.

As I've stated before, there doesn't need to be a delay between shift and grab, there needs to be a delay between grab and execution.

On 6/20/2017 at 10:57 AM, MidnightCallerXx said:

I agree with this, but I don't have any statistics so I can't pretend it is factual that most people playing Jason would just resort to choke.

On 6/22/2017 at 5:07 AM, bobmussini said:

Jason always has a delay time between grabbing, lift the victim (take a second or more) and the execution - even if it is tha called insta-kill, it is clear that there is already time to other conselours prevent the execution.

That's just the thing, the "delay" Jason has when he picks counselors up is completely invulnerable. So no, there is not already time for other counselors to prevent the execution, they can try to hit Jason but his animation-- his "lift/pick-up" animation--cannot be interrupted. Also, during this invulnerable time, the counselor being picked up doesn't even have the bar yet to break free.

As soon as Jason's invulnerable period ends, he can commit an execution as long as he has the space necessary to perform it.

So yeah, executions are absolutely instant. And since most players just go around slinging choke, pretty much all counselors die without an opportunity to feel like their death was fair or earned.

And as stated, many people feel like the shift-grab can be a bit unfair. So, either we break shift-grab, or we add a delay to the time between a grab and an execution.

In my eyes, the solution is simple. Shift grab is necessary to the game. Also consider that shift grab is a lot less broken, if the grab is actually defeatable- which it isn't right now (You must have a pocket knife, you can't fight your way out of a Jason grab unless your Jason is trolling on purpose or trying too hard to get a specific environmental kill).

So solving the more actual primary issue resolves all derivative issues. If there is a delay between grab and execution, counselors would actually have time to struggle out of Jason's grab and save themselves, which would give purpose to composure and strength as stat assets that enable to escape Jason's grip more easily (which they don't actually do right now, which means the stats menu presents a blatant lie).

On 6/22/2017 at 5:07 AM, bobmussini said:

Everyone must be tired of seeing Jason surrounded and struggling, with instant execution or not.

For starters, I never see Jason struggle, I never see Jason have a hard time, unless it is Jason 7. 
So no I am not tired of seeing Jason struggling. I am tired of my friends hating this game. They say it is unbalanced.

They are right.

4 minutes ago, Pikalicious said:

That's just the thing, the time Jason has a a "delay" when he picks counselors up is invulnerable. So no, there is not already time for other counselors to prevent the execution, they can try to hit Jason but his animation cannot but his "lift/pick-up" animation cannot be interrupted. Also, during this invulnerable time, the counselor being picked up doesn't even have the bar yet to break free.

As soon as Jason's invulnerable period ends, he can commit an execution as long as he has the space necessary to perform it.

So yeah, executions are absolutely instant. And since most players just go around slinging choke, pretty much all counselors die without an opportunity to feel like their death was fair or earned.

Yeah I like how Jason can instant kill counselors as soon as he gets his hands on them. As a fan of the movies it is very accurate.

The only problem is that this isn't a movie, it's a game. Counselors virtually have no chance of survival when he grabs you which isn't fun for the counselors. There should be a better stat system in place for escaping his grasp, as well as some sort of delay or another variable to prevent him from insta killing. Unless, say it's an environmental kill.

I still say if he grabs you and an environmental is literally right there, that should be the only insta kill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Yeah I like how Jason can instant kill counselors as soon as he gets his hands on them. As a fan of the movies it is very accurate.

The only problem is that this isn't a movie, it's a game. Counselors virtually have no chance of survival when he grabs you which isn't fun for the counselors. There should be a better stat system in place for escaping his grasp, as well as some sort of delay or another variable to prevent him from insta killing. Unless, say it's an environmental kill.

I still say if he grabs you and an environmental is literally right there, that should be the only insta kill. 

antm-crying-gif.gif

Finally someone who agrees. Preach.

They need to read this

- From a crying counselor