Sign in to follow this  
Psychosocial23

Broken patch causing fatal errors and freezes (PC)

I have never had a game crash or freeze before this last patch and now every game I have played as Jason besides 3 in the past few days have caused random fatal errors and freezes when I get shot, hit or step in a bear trap.. It's very frustrating when you have to wait hours to play as Jason and when you finally get to the game blows up. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes.  I've mentioned it but I'm not getting any response.  Happens as a counselor with me.  I just get stuck, game freezes, I can still hear music but screen is locked.  Have to restart my comp and even then it doesn't always work.  The game won't launch after a crash.  All my other games are fine.  

3 minutes ago, Gdain said:

Yes.  I've mentioned it but I'm not getting any response.  Happens as a counselor with me.  I just get stuck, game freezes, I can still hear music but screen is locked.  Have to restart my comp and even then it doesn't always work.  The game won't launch after a crash.  All my other games are fine.  

Damn that is unfortunate i'm sorry.. I haven't had it happen to me as a counselor yet but I have had 2 different games where I couldn't interact with anything as a counselor. Everything worked fine for me until this patch which is a real bummer. I would rather deal with the plague of exploiters again than have the game keep crashing..

I had that happen but I think the host had a huge lag spike.  I just figured it was my computer, but after running all these tests and checks and everything coming back fine, I just have to assume it's the game.  

Yeah, its been happening in the game all day, I've been hoping the devs would respond.  I updated all my drivers and everything thinking maybe there was an issue there, but nope, game still randomly freezes.  Starting to become quite annoying TBH. 

I just had the same issue. Game froze, I couldn't close it, so I had to restart my PC.

same issue here needs fixed and a bug that doesn't let you aim your gun after being grabbed by jason from inside a car or getting sunk on a boat.

21 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I have never had a game crash or freeze before this last patch and now every game I have played as Jason besides 3 in the past few days have caused random fatal errors and freezes when I get shot, hit or step in a bear trap.. It's very frustrating when you have to wait hours to play as Jason and when you finally get to the game blows up. Anyone else having this issue?

This is why I came to the forums today.  CTD happens about every 4th or 5th game, Jason or counselor.  I cannot reproduce, nor find an specific event.  Does this game come with an error reporting tool I just haven't found yet?  Having the game of my life as Jason, last kill, take the final swing....frozen.  Had to hard restart my rig.

I have 2 videos of these events, 2 minutes before they happen...IF I get any Dev request, I'll upload them, but not going to waste fat pipes for deaf ears.

I'm having the same issues.

The game freezes (what appears to be) randomly every now and then.

For what it's worth I'm playing on PC, and am using a i7-6670k with a nVidia GTX 980.

Hope the devs can find a workaround.

1 hour ago, SunnySolaire said:

I'm having the same issues.

The game freezes (what appears to be) randomly every now and then.

For what it's worth I'm playing on PC, and am using a i7-6670k with a nVidia GTX 980.

Hope the devs can find a workaround.

I have tested this on 4 rigs now all with different hardware and unfortunately the issue persists and in fact has gotten worse over the past few days. It now happens every 3-4 games even if I am a counselor.. This is definitely a problem on their end so there isn't much we can do about it unfortunately..

I was getting these freezes one the first game of every fresh start.  Then about every 3rd game.  It looked like something int he game was acting like a trigger.  Jason kill animation, or a Jason shift....crawling out a window.  Probably just coincidence....then.....it just stopped.  I got my first fatal error in a week about 15 minutes ago.  I had just finished a game, and was trying to connect to a new lobby.  CTD - FE.

8 hours ago, Psychosocial23 said:

I have tested this on 4 rigs now all with different hardware and unfortunately the issue persists and in fact has gotten worse over the past few days. It now happens every 3-4 games even if I am a counselor.. This is definitely a problem on their end so there isn't much we can do about it unfortunately..

I verified my game files and didn't get any more errors for 6 more hours of playing. Could this be the fix?

Can it maybe be a problem with the EAC? because this update i had many problems with that too all of a sudden. And the file that gets redownloaded after a verify appears to be an EAC file according to some googling, but i can be wrong on that since i don't know how to see what file gets downloaded after verifying.

Edit:

Forget i said anything, the game froze again so that debunks this theory.

Sign in to follow this