chaosguy67

Why did you guys lie about dedicated servers on console?

32 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Azrael008uk said:

He asked an important question rudely by saying that the Publisher and Developers have lied because he doesn't have a dedicated server hosting his games right now.

When the game launched it didn't work right.

From what the Publisher and Developers have had to say about this I believe they did not plan to make a game that did not work right.

I have every right to ask for my money back but the gameplay I'd experienced kept me wanting to stick it out and I'm glad I did since after the latest patch the game functions as it should most of the time.

So I understand that despite the best laid plans things don't always go as expected but they promised to get on top of it and delivered on that promise and so I believe they will continue to improve the game and that should lead eventually to the promised Dedicated Servers being available for play.

If matchmaking isn't working in the first place then prioritising Dedicated Servers for a game no one can actually join would be a waste of time and effort.

Once the game is working properly, and hopefully we are much closer to this being fully achieved, then I'm sure the Dedicated Servers will be looked at and implemented as promised.

That's the exact definition of a lie. What you're doing is defending the lie, not explaining why it isn't a lie.

24 minutes ago, Slashin' Passion said:

So I guess from that we can see that they will be adding dedicated servers for public matches on console.  Great news! Now we just need to wait it out.

When that was posted, it was when public (Quick Match) games were still screwed up for consoles, mind. So dedicated for public games on console may still be what it's been running with since the fixes, as designed.

I haven't found anything yet that says console matches are P2P for both Quick and Private matches.

Sorry if the answers haven't been satisfying so far, including mine.

(btw, Slashin', nice to bump into a game you were playing in last night!)

1 person likes this

I know they initially talked about dedicated servers for public matches on console.  But I think at this point we need to wait it out. They've stated that they're continuing to work on improving matchmaking.

It's likely that they're being careful about announcing anything in case testing doesn't go to plan or takes longer than they are anticipating.  If they announce dedicated servers before they can be 100% sure and then have to delay them,  people will just call them liars again.

? FYI ? - It's not really lying if they announced something that at the time of announcement they believe to be accurate and true. Complications and problems occur during testing. 

Edit - Damon, Oh yeah, I remember. Was that the super quick car escape that then disconnected?  Sulk.

2 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

When that was posted, it was when public (Quick Match) games were still screwed up for consoles, mind. So dedicated for public games on console may still be what it's been running with since the fixes, as designed.

I haven't found anything yet that says console matches are P2P for both Quick and Private matches.

Sorry if the answers haven't been satisfying so far, including mine.

(btw, Slashin', nice to bump into a game you were playing in last night!)

Matches are P2P for both private and quick matches.

The silence on this particular issue as well as blatantly ignoring this topic is baffling to me. They refuse to acknowledge or answer any questions about dedicated servers when before release we were promised them. 

2 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

? FYI ? - It's not really lying if they announced something that at the time of announcement they believe to be accurate and true. Complications and problems occur during testing. 

So it's not really lying if you don't know your lying? I'd prefer notice in advance and for them to come clean. I know we won't get dedicated servers at this point. I just want a damn good explanation on why and why all of a sudden it can't happen.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Matches are P2P for both private and quick matches.

The silence on this particular issue as well as blatantly ignoring this topic is baffling to me. They refuse to acknowledge or answer any questions about dedicated servers when before release we were promised them. 

So it's not really lying if you don't know your lying? I'd prefer notice in advance and for them to come clean. I know we won't get dedicated servers at this point. I just want a damn good explanation on why and why all of a sudden it can't happen.

Maybe I wasn't so clear, apologies. I meant that when they stated dedicated servers for public on console. Perhaps they had no reason to think they'd encounter issues. Now that they've had launch issues, making an announcement that dedicated servers are on route, could be a bad idea if they encounter anymore issues in testing. 

So yeah. It's not lying if you believe what you are saying is accurate and true. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Slashin' Passion said:

Maybe I wasn't so clear, apologies. I meant that when they stated dedicated servers for public on console. Perhaps they had no reason to think they'd encounter issues. Now that they've had launch issues, making an announcement that dedicated servers are on route, could be a bad idea if they encounter anymore issues in testing. 

That is what is not clear. The whole time during the debacle on xb1 they kept saying use lfg private matches until we can get quick play fixed up; that it was p2p and a workaround. Those statements lent me(and a lot of others by these threads) to believe that quick play was on dedicated. 

11 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

It's a fair question. ;)

It's a fair question, and the number one question thus far. We'll get an answer at some point.