chaosguy67

Why did you guys lie about dedicated servers on console?

32 posts in this topic

Why lie to us?  To make more money?  

And im sure a mod will comment on this saying they didnt lie...

Well they cant spend a minute to explain to all of the people asking them why there is no dedicated servers still

2 people like this

You bring a lot of hostility to the table. I love when rude people expect to be acknowledged. 

The game is great. Newly born and a labor of love. Great to see so many people make demands or slinging hate. 

3 people like this

51 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

Why lie to us?  To make more money?  

And im sure a mod will comment on this saying they didnt lie...

Well they cant spend a minute to explain to all of the people asking them why there is no dedicated servers still

It looks like they aren't ready to make a public statement on dedicated servers for consoles at this time. But they have said that they're continuing to update the matchmaking. 

1 hour ago, Campkill said:

You bring a lot of hostility to the table. I love when rude people expect to be acknowledged. 

The game is great. Newly born and a labor of love. Great to see so many people make demands or slinging hate. 

Haha, seriously? He asked an important question that needs to be answered and he's being hostile? Get out.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Glitchtastic said:

Haha, seriously? He asked an important question that needs to be answered and he's being hostile? Get out.

He asked an important question rudely by saying that the Publisher and Developers have lied because he doesn't have a dedicated server hosting his games right now.

When the game launched it didn't work right.

From what the Publisher and Developers have had to say about this I believe they did not plan to make a game that did not work right.

I have every right to ask for my money back but the gameplay I'd experienced kept me wanting to stick it out and I'm glad I did since after the latest patch the game functions as it should most of the time.

So I understand that despite the best laid plans things don't always go as expected but they promised to get on top of it and delivered on that promise and so I believe they will continue to improve the game and that should lead eventually to the promised Dedicated Servers being available for play.

If matchmaking isn't working in the first place then prioritising Dedicated Servers for a game no one can actually join would be a waste of time and effort.

Once the game is working properly, and hopefully we are much closer to this being fully achieved, then I'm sure the Dedicated Servers will be looked at and implemented as promised.

2 people like this

Dedicated servers cost more than p2p I'm guess? Also does bringing dedicated server's on ps4 cost extra as it goes through the PlayStation network?

7 hours ago, Campkill said:

Oh look, the kind of answer that provides nothing useful to the topic...  i guess i am the bad one for being irritated that i was lied to about what this game included..

5 minutes ago, chaosguy67 said:

Oh look, the kind of answer that provides nothing useful to the topic...  i guess i am the bad one for being irritated that i was lied to about what this game included..

You we're lied too?

Link plz

9 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

You we're lied too?

Link plz

Goes both ways. Prove they didn't.

Link plz

2 people like this

23 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Goes both ways. Prove they didn't.

Link plz

Prove that i have proof. 

Link plz.

And actually it doesnt go both ways.

If i have nothing to link to, then theres no proof, because it has to exist to be linked. Thus, no link, no proof, they said it? Link it. They didnt? Then you cannot.

Like seriously, did you come up with that counter point off the back of your favorite cereal box?

1 minute ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Prove that i have proof. 

Link plz.

And actually it doesnt go both ways.

If i have nothing to link to, then theres no proof, because it has to exist to be linked. Thus, no link, no proof, they said it? Link it. They didnt? Then you cannot.

Like seriously, did you come up with that counter point off the back of your favorite cereal box?

Yes. Yes, I got everything I wrote from the back of a cereal box.

You're capable of doing the research for yourself, try the other thread on this subject with the links and tweets provided in it.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Yes. Yes, I got everything I wrote from the back of a cereal box.

You're capable of doing the research for yourself, try the other thread on this subject with the links and tweets provided in it.

Well atleast your honest.

And i have done my own research, and NOWHERE at all did i ever see promised dedicated servers.

So i asked, Link it.

Since no one can, maybe they never did promise it, an everyone else is just crying.

Which thread is it? The top listed dedicated servers one?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

And i have done my own research, and NOWHERE at all did i ever see promised dedicated servers.

So i asked, Link it.

Since no one can, maybe they never did promise it, an everyone else is just crying.

Congratulations, you're the authority on this subject. And yes, that thread.

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

So i asked, Link it.

There are tweets that said there would be dedicated servers on all platforms.

And no I'm not going to link them bc I don't feel like going through 6 months worth of tweets to find them.

And that's if the devs decided not to delete them.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

Congratulations, you're the authority on this subject. And yes, that thread.

Oh man, ive always wanted to be an authority(not) but obviously you have your little panties twisted up on some high horse you got yourself up on.

I found the thread, im readin it, still haven't seen anything from f13 about it, just people sayin it was.

Just now, Bulldawg2010 said:

There are tweets that said there would be dedicated servers on all platforms.

And no I'm not going to link them bc I don't feel like going through 6 months worth of tweets to find them.

And that's if the devs decided not to delete them.

Im thinking they were deleted, because i really havent found anything yet.

An if we're talking 6 months ago i dont care enough to dig that far lol

1 minute ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Im thinking they were deleted, because i really havent found anything yet.

An if we're talking 6 months ago i dont care enough to dig that far lol

It was a loooonnggggg time ago that they talked about dedicated servers.

And if my memory serves correctly they responded to a tweet that asked if servers would be on consoles or not, and they said there would be dedicated servers for quick play but privates matches would be P2P.

I recognize however that my memory may be wrong. But I really don't feel like going through a bunch of tweets, so I'm not gonna lol.

10 minutes ago, B0bZomb1e said:

Oh man, ive always wanted to be an authority(not) but obviously you have your little panties twisted up on some high horse you got yourself up on.

I found the thread, im readin it, still haven't seen anything from f13 about it, just people sayin it was.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

It was a loooonnggggg time ago that they talked about dedicated servers.

And if my memory serves correctly they responded to a tweet that asked if servers would be on consoles or not, and they said there would be dedicated servers for quick play but privates matches would be P2P.

I recognize however that my memory may be wrong. But I really don't feel like going through a bunch of tweets, so I'm not gonna lol.

Most understandable.

I havent bin around long, an i always see people complaining about this, but i never manage to find or see anything to backup the claims.

But if its from that long ago, ill just assume everybody knows, because itll be almost impossible to find that now.

Threads like these are best settled in game. Work your frustration out there ladies and gents. You might feel better after that.

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Threads like these are best settled in game. Work your frustration out there ladies and gents. You might feel better after that.

It's a fair question. ;)

could have sworn they mentioned having dedicated servers on the kickstarter/backerkit pages.... i do not use twitter so i can't give any info on that.

I went and Googled these up, if they're helpful. Couple of the more recent mentions.

From the main Twitter page, at least, I didn't check the F13thGameSupport one.

1 person likes this

8 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

I went and Googled these up, if they're helpful. Couple of the more recent mentions.

From the main Twitter page, at least, I didn't check the F13thGameSupport one.

So I guess from that we can see that they will be adding dedicated servers for public matches on console.  Great news! Now we just need to wait it out.