Quagmirę

Proof that friendly fire is important for this game

Don't you just love those people. Had a dude attack me from behind with a machete, he was accidentally shot the next round 

I thought you were going to cripple her to make her an easy target as you got away! Haha!

4 hours ago, Geometrek said:

To be fair you did lead Jason right to two other players, one hit to the back is fair :lol:

True this is reasonable. I've team killed people for less. 

I do agree friendly fire is essential though. Had a match last night a friend and I entered in a public lobby, us two and three others, of which they had no mics. They were not in a party but were communicating among the three of themselves and coordinating. The Jason player killed my friend and I then left the two of them alone and helped them find car parts. If they had been in a private lobby I would not have cared. But no attempt was made to inform us they were doing their own thing. So next round I found the shotgun tracked down the host and shot him in the back of the head less than a minute into the round to show him my gratitude for his hospitality last round. Needless to say I was booted from the lobby shortly thereafter :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Geometrek said:

To be fair you did lead Jason right to two other players, one hit to the back is fair :lol:

Strategy. If they can't handle it, I'll take the -exp next round. Lol

We need some sort of /avoid player more then anything.

When players aren't Trying to kill each other. the element of Friendly fire is ok.. the accidently hurting someone and the bad feeling adds to the feel of the game.But trolls just want to attack people. If you turn off Friendly fire, they will find other wayw "block doors, inform Jason, or find some new way"

we need a /avoid player option.  I am almost 90 hours played on stream. i have come across the same player a few dozen times. All they do 100% of games is start in a buliding. hide under a bed or in a closet, for 100% of the match until they win/die.  usually Die.  It is boring, doesn't help the team and can drag the game out.   This is not something I ever want to play with. I want to avoid them. When i start a new game, and they are there, all I can do, is leave or deal with it.  I hate having to be the one that is forced to leave. I do let the rest of the players know what that person will do, because it is all they do, and maybe that info help somehow.

Fortunately XBox LIVE already provides this feature.

You can avoid players who are a nuisance and tag them for the reason they have been avoided.

Players who act like Jerks get reported as such and receive suspensions from the online service.

Eventually those bans are served and they can come back but XBox LIVE only puts them in lobbies with other Jerks and Jason will be lucky if there's 1 left to kill.

I had a match last night where I was team killed in the first 10 seconds. Myself and another player spawned in the archery range. The other player immediately grabbed the shotgun and killed me while I was trying to get to the closest cabin. No idea why. I then watched him and his buddy spend the entire match exploiting some glitch in the barn where you walk on top of the stall walls and into some inaccessible space in the barn. It was a full 20 minute match of course. ?

16 hours ago, Quagmirę said:

Many people here are against friendly fire but it actually can save your life AND the life of others. So here is the proof that friendly fire is really useful and can lead to hilarious situations.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Quagmire4pain4/status/876292709560053766/video/1

I have no problem with friendly fire. I find that it adds to the unpredictabilty of this game. You just never know what's going to happen next from game to game ?

I like the idea of friendly fire as well. I like the idea of 3 stubborn people standing on the dock with a boat that's ready to go. We've all seen movies where someone sacrifices another individual to save his own skin. I like being able to play that out in a game. Popcorn time.

It's cool when they kill you and you come back as tommy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, carnage4u said:

When players aren't Trying to kill each other. the element of Friendly fire is ok.. the accidently hurting someone and the bad feeling adds to the feel of the game.But trolls just want to attack people. If you turn off Friendly fire, they will find other wayw "block doors, inform Jason, or find some new way"

we need a /avoid player option.  I am almost 90 hours played on stream. i have come across the same player a few dozen times. All they do 100% of games is start in a buliding. hide under a bed or in a closet, for 100% of the match until they win/die.  usually Die.  It is boring, doesn't help the team and can drag the game out.   This is not something I ever want to play with. I want to avoid them. When i start a new game, and they are there, all I can do, is leave or deal with it.  I hate having to be the one that is forced to leave. I do let the rest of the players know what that person will do, because it is all they do, and maybe that info help somehow.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. When it's a genuine accident I don't mind it at all and sometimes it can actually end up being a little funny. It's when people (usually ones who are working alongside Jason) start ganging up on other players and intentionally killing them is incredibly frustrating.

On 6/18/2017 at 1:32 PM, Azrael008uk said:

Fortunately XBox LIVE already provides this feature.

You can avoid players who are a nuisance and tag them for the reason they have been avoided.

Players who act like Jerks get reported as such and receive suspensions from the online service.

Eventually those bans are served and they can come back but XBox LIVE only puts them in lobbies with other Jerks and Jason will be lucky if there's 1 left to kill.

People don't get suspended from Xbox Live for not playing how you'd like them too. They won't even be suspended for constant team killing. They'll only be suspended if there's some sort of offensive text / audio messages, and even then, they can usually still play. They just get cut off from using voice / text chat.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

People don't get suspended from Xbox Live for not playing how you'd like them too. They won't even be suspended for constant team killing. They'll only be suspended if there's some sort of offensive text / audio messages, and even then, they can usually still play. They just get cut off from using voice / text chat.

That's part of how the XBox LIVE Enforcement system works but the enforcement system and the matchmaking is a lot more complex than that.

If someone is consistently getting an "Avoid" preference there's a probably a good reason for this.  XBox LIVE's matchmaking system takes this into account and puts players who everyone wants to avoid with other players everyone wants to avoid.

It takes into account the feedback that players give and anyone giving feedback can give full and complete details as to what is happening, rather than just being restricted by general categories.

People do get bans.

Not because you reported them but because of your feedback collated with everyone else's feedback.

They get bans, suspensions, restrictions and most importantly they get lumped together when they are let back onto the LIVE service and the only way to get out of that cesspit is to stop being a jerk.

A after game reputation system of sorts might be beneficial to add later on as well as social menu interactions.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:11 PM, carnage4u said:

You can just block players on PS4 if you absolutely cannot stand being in games with people who dare to play the game to win or have fun, like the player you mentioned. That's a pretty shitty attitude for you to have, however. Other people don't play to entertain YOU. You don't have that right. So keep blocking players like that until you can no longer get into games.

Yeah but he's just referring to idiots so that teamkill which is sad. The hiding stuff is whatever though as everyone play's different