PowellCampsNAKED

Hiding as the final survivor is not ok???

2 hours ago, Rok73 said:

Do I care about your "contribution" here? No.

lol ok, was not even talking to you. but congrats with that witty retort *slow clap* 

9 hours ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

So I don't ever start a match and immediately hide actually hiding can be boring at times, if anything I am a team player and run about the map and communicate trying to obtain car parts and such.

anyways, if you are the "FINAL" survivor the best thing to do is hide and ride out the time! Last night I did just that, I creeped up to a peninsula and crouched near a camp fire for a while...but as the music kicked in the last 2 minutes I actually started yelling Tommy quotes - "come on jason come and get me come on Maggot Head" to give a fair chance to the player but he never found me!  

At the end he called me a cheater for hiding, but I in a nice way let him have it, and put him in his place by saying "Dude come on, if jason was chasing you in real life would you hide?" He said yes! I also said "and I gave up where I was by yelling and you still didn't find me" ... he said "yeah I guess you're right"

Nothing wrong with hiding to ride out the clock. I won my last match this way, but I also had to pee and left it to chance for the remaining few minutes ?

If I am the last one alive, then when Jason's not in the area I try to give some sort of running commentary. I figure I'll either entertain those watching or irritate them to the point where they are actively wanting me to die. 

Either way, at least they're engaged at that point.

Sometimes I also get so bored while I'm hiding that I start talking to Jason as his mother.

"You don't have to kill them ALL son."

"Seconds on dessert if you come home right now, Jason."

"Maybe you should leave one alive to tell the tale."

This always, of course, leads directly to my brutal death because NOT HIDING AS A.J. IS DUMB. 

6 hours ago, shwag said:

lol ok, was not even talking to you. but congrats with that witty retort *slow clap* 

You were talking to everyone in this thread as I see it. And it's hard to believe that a post like this comes from a 35 year old man. Do you find it "really cool"? I just don't get it.

8 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

You were talking to everyone in this thread as I see it. And it's hard to believe that a post like this comes from a 35 year old man. Do you find it "really cool"? I just don't get it.

lot of people hold the same stance as me, not sure what my age has to do with it and why i am the only person you single out for this shit. but whatever man,  guess those cookies have a lot of salt on them if you find my opinion does not a line with yours its "not contributing" to you. enjoy my ignore list. 

• Like 1

I like trying to find the last person, sometimes it can hard other's easy so always different

1 minute ago, Bigurn said:

I like trying to find the last person, sometimes it can hard other's easy so always different

might want to keep that to yourself since you can trigger a salty cookie monster if you have a difference in opinion XD  

Damn auto correct swear to hell I hate this shit. Let me say again I like trying to find the last person, sometimes it can BE hard, other's can be easy to find so always different 

5 hours ago, shwag said:

might want to keep that to yourself since you can trigger a salty cookie monster if you have a difference in opinion XD  

Sorry, but they only allow me to hit the like button 10 times a day...

Don't care about people hiding occasionally, or even as a last resort. Its the people that hide from the very beginning of the round and then go afk for the whole round to go do something else that I find obnoxious. If I suddenly have to go afk, I'll message Jason and tell him where I am so he gets the kill and no one has to spectate me staring out a zipper for 20 minutes. I'll sell these kind of players out to Jason, if you have other shit to do, log out, go do it, don't take up space in the lobby that someone who could and will be more proactive and help accomplish objectives could be in increasing everyone else's chances of survival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandallFlagg said:

Don't care about people hiding occasionally, or even as a last resort. Its the people that hide from the very beginning of the round and then go afk for the whole round to go do something else that I find obnoxious. If I suddenly have to go afk, I'll message Jason and tell him where I am so he gets the kill and no one has to spectate me staring out a zipper for 20 minutes. I'll sell these kind of players out to Jason, if you have other shit to do, log out, go do it, don't take up space in the lobby that someone who could and will be more proactive and help accomplish objectives could be in increasing everyone else's chances of survival.

If you have other shit to do then sign off. Sounds legit. Some other parts of your argument however do not. You tell others to sign off if they suddenly have to go somewhere and make room for more proactive players like you, while you when you suddenly have to go AFK tell Jason where you are to get yourself killed and therefore if you closely look at it also do not contribute to anything. You are also not very active.

In this game, in any game, there is always a choice. If you don't like spectating people when people hide a lot you can always leave. And if you don't know when you'll return you can always leave. I personally will always leave when I know I may not be back in time, but I don't expect everybody else to think the same way.

I've never had to go afk at the start of a match. Its usually minutes in. As I'm on antibiotics now I frequently have to run to the bathroom. When I feel it approaching I either log out and leave the lobby between matches. Or if I'm in the middle of a match I find a spot away from everyone and tell the Jason player my location and that I'm afk. Sometimes I track him down and stun him and lead him away get killed then leave the match. Either way that buys time for other players luring him to another part of the map where they aren't. So even in that I'm being proactive as I typically play decoy/item runner/protection as buggzy. Just didn't think I would need to go into as much detail for being over analyzed.

In the match where I managed to kill all the counselors I did the right things as Jason.

I knocked the power out and trashed the windows.

The last guy was hidden in a house.

It was glowing red for my sense but he wasn't showing up when i went inside.

I realised he 'had' to be in there... so i went in and started checking beds and closets.

Found him... awesome game because he crapped his pants into his microfphone as soon as i went for the swing.

He was like "Dude... i was hiding... how did you know I was there".

I explained that I didn't, but the house was glowing red on Jason's Sense Power so that's what made me check.

So yeah, hiding is fair play because Jason can still find you.

well...as in some of the movies ; a counselor survives to tell the tale and get killed in the next movie lol.

I am fine if the last player hides, no matter how long it takes.

For me it is legit, I am fine with it. 

Leave the match, or do something else if it really bores you to death. 

• Like 1

I think hiding is awesome and gives for some of the most thrills. One of my favorite places to hide are the outhouses right outside packanack lodge. Had some really close survival wins as Jenny doing that. It was great to watch the player go into and out of the house confused lol :)

When you're the only one left.... because everyone died early on... that's their fault for dying (or perhaps the Jason's for being really good) but either way that should not deter people from trying to survive (without glitches. Wish I couldbash those people against a tree while in a sleeping bag irl >:)

• Like 1

I think its fine to hide if only a few counselors are still alive or you are the only one left. People do not like that though. I was one of the last counselors left, so I decided to hide because completing the objectives at that  point was almost impossible and when the game ended a few guys called me a bastard, bitch and a few other names. :blink:

Thats why in one ear I have my headphone for the game and in the other ear my ipod with Metallica's seek and destroy playing. Even if its boring I am jamming out to some good tunes. 

On June 17, 2017 at 5:56 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

It wouldn't be a big deal if other people didn't have to watch or forfeit most of their xp.  But I'm about to start making steam groups myself and inviting Jason to them if I see too many people hiding while I'm stuck spectating.

Glad you aren't on PS4. It sucks sometimes and can get boring, yes. But that is their choice. You act like a king or something. Maybe of Jack s#%t and Jack left town eh?

10 hours ago, RandallFlagg said:

If its a quick piss break i wont say a word and go. Anything longer non emergency, i call J out n have a last hoora with him so the player doesnt lose a kill over bs. I agree with your post :)

I don't even really know how the hiding works in this game.

If you hide in a toilet stall can Jason's sense mode still highlight you red? I know it can in tents.
If you hide in a cupboard or under a bed does the sense mode still light the cabin up?
If he's in the cabin does the sense mode show you in the cupboard/under the bed?
Do you make noise when hiding anyway or only when you're fear is up?
Does hiding increase or decrease fear?
What does holding your breath even do?

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

I don't even really know how the hiding works in this game.

If you hide in a toilet stall can Jason's sense mode still highlight you red? I know it can in tents.
If you hide in a cupboard or under a bed does the sense mode still light the cabin up?
If he's in the cabin does the sense mode show you in the cupboard/under the bed?
Do you make noise when hiding anyway or only when you're fear is up?
Does hiding increase or decrease fear?
What does holding your breath even do?

1.  Yes

2.  Yes, especially when rage mode is up

3.  No he can see you're in the building because it lights up but he doesn't know where in the building unless he sees sound pings of you walking through the cabin before you're in your hiding place then he can tell which general area of a cabin you're in or room in the big lodges.  I killed a hider in the upstairs room at packanack and they were wondering how I knew exactly which hiding place to check first, well, I saw her sound pings upstairs coming from what seemed to be the furthest room down the hall so I went there and the only hiding place was a closet so I hacked it and got her.

4.  It should be only when your fear is up but being in the vicinity of Jason makes your fear go up rapidly, as does turning out the lights, being alone, etc.

5.  It decreases it at first, but then I think it comes back if you stay in 1 hiding place too long.  If you hide in a closet for like 10s in a lit cabin it'll decrease your fear down to pretty much 0 I think.  I use that sometimes when I notice my peripheral vision has gotten darker from fear.

6.  Makes it easier for Jason to find you since he can hear you inhale. at the beginning and also at the end when you can't hold your breath anymore, you breathe really heavily.  In other words, it's pretty worthless.

I don't see anything wrong with it personally as it is an method of survival but I don't think the hiding is the problem.

The community seems to frown upon boring gameplay, especially when they're dead. Therefore if you're hiding, the team will like yo less compared to how much they would like you if you were to be running around from Jason.

3 minutes ago, Benallan17 said:

I don't see anything wrong with it personally as it is an method of survival but I don't think the hiding is the problem.

The community seems to frown upon boring gameplay, especially when they're dead. Therefore if you're hiding, the team will like yo less compared to how much they would like you if you were to be running around from Jason.

Correct.  If we're forced to spectate, the worst possible setup is to spectate someone hiding or glitching.

Just now, I Hate Spectate said:

Correct.  If we're forced to spectate, the worst possible setup is to spectate someone hiding or glitching.

Exactly. I'm not saying I enjoy it but I end up going on my phone or getting food when there's a decent time left.