Jump to content

Recommended Posts

My favourite play style is to waste Jason's time while other counselors escape.  I love to have fun and play around with survivability set ups in particular.  

Here are a couple of screens where I've been stockpiling, setting up a defence and preparing to waste Jason's time. I managed to grab four flare guns in one game and five bear traps in another! So much fun!

What are some of your favourite survivability set ups? How do you hold off Jason for longer periods of time? It'd be awesome to see some of your screen shots!

FB_IMG_1497705255691.jpg

FB_IMG_1497705251863.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slashin' Passion said:

My favourite play style is to waste Jason's time while other counselors escape.  I love to have fun and play around with survivability set ups in particular.  

Here are a couple of screens where I've been stockpiling, setting up a defence and preparing to waste Jason's time. I managed to grab four flare guns in one game and five bear traps in another! So much fun!

What are some of your favourite survivability set ups? How do you hold off Jason for longer periods of time? It'd be awesome to see some of your screen shots!

FB_IMG_1497705255691.jpg

FB_IMG_1497705251863.jpg

That's funny... now if I could only have someone like you on my team, so you could distract and damage Jason, so we could get what we need and kill him instead of escape!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Supercurt7 said:

That's funny... now if I could only have someone like you on my team, so you could distract and damage Jason, so we could get what we need and kill him instead of escape!!

Mate, I'm the king of "Stop the car lads,  I'll deal with this bitch" Two firecrackers,  a pocket knife and a flare gun shot later. My buddies have escaped in a full 4 seater, the cops are called in, I'm either dead or on route to the cops.  It's all about team work for me, gives me a right buzz.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is NOTHING more satisfying for me in this game t help others escape. Whether it be distracting Jason for an excessive period of time, or being the sacrificial lamb while people drive away in the car. One of the easiest times to get in and melee Jason from my experience is when he is trying to stop a car (that I am not in).

 

I just wish the game could track things like that for bonus points. Might also incentivise players to actually help each other out more often as I feel like somwhatof a "black sheep" in most games I play

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scoundrella said:

There is NOTHING more satisfying for me in this game t help others escape. 

I just wish the game could track things like that for bonus points. 

Hear hear,  Sir!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How did you get that many traps in one house by yourself without getting caught by Jason yet? That's insane! I would love to see the Jasonplayer break down that door just to see the floor and be like

"Uh..... imgonna try the back door...." that is fucking. Brilliant dude !

 

I know the barn on packanack usually has like 3 traps and some smaller cabins spawnwith a trap but damn! 10/10 man

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoundrella said:

How did you get that many traps in one house by yourself without getting caught by Jason yet? That's insane! I would love to see the Jasonplayer break down that door just to see the floor and be like

"Uh..... imgonna try the back door...." that is fucking. Brilliant dude !

 

I know the barn on packanack usually has like 3 traps and some smaller cabins spawnwith a trap but damn! 10/10 man

I think I grabbed these from the surrounding cabins. I played as AJ that game (Usually random)  and I was creeping around slowly collecting them up. I had another one to pick up too! But Jason found my hidey hole. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Slashin' Passion said:

I think I grabbed these from the surrounding cabins. I played as AJ that game (Usually random)  and I was creeping around slowly collecting them up. I had another one to pick up too! But Jason found my hidey hole. 

Yes....... and......?! What happened? Did he even walk through any of those? Just stand there for a second before shifting in? I am so curious to how that played out lol!:) what platform are you on? If you are on ps4 id love to play with you xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scoundrella said:

Yes....... and......?! What happened? Did he even walk through any of those? Just stand there for a second before shifting in? I am so curious to how that played out lol!:) what platform are you on? If you are on ps4 id love to play with you xD

This was really early into the release, day 2 I think. So everyone was learning how to play Jason.

I managed to loop around the house a few times, back in via the window and trapped him with three out of the five bear traps. It was exhilarating and totally awesome. 

Even now, I still have some success using bear traps against Jason. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slashin' Passion said:

This was really early into the release, day 2 I think. So everyone was learning how to play Jason.

I managed to loop around the house a few times, back in via the window and trapped him with three out of the five bear traps. It was exhilarating and totally awesome. 

Even now, I still have some success using bear traps against Jason. 

Hahaha that's awesome. I remember right around release. Everyone was so green (counselors and jasons). It's cool to see the community collectively "get better" I've noticed a lot more games with Jason's cutting power, using traps, etc as well as counselors coordinating and working together. It's been a really neat thing to see ( I play. A . Lot. Lol its all I've played since launch except for a Life Is Strange hiatus last weekend)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great to hear you guys.  I'm thinking of becoming a martyr myself on that game.  But I want the survivors to kill Jason, with my sacrifice.   Are any of you all into that?  Just wondering. ..

 

I'm starting to feel weird because I feel like I'm the only one playing that really wants to get his ass lol...

 

Everyone's fixing the car or boat.  Or calling the police with the fuse.  Meanwhile I'm hunting down weapons and looking for pamela deep in the woods.

 

23 hours ago, Scoundrella said:

There is NOTHING more satisfying for me in this game t help others escape. Whether it be distracting Jason for an excessive period of time, or being the sacrificial lamb while people drive away in the car. One of the easiest times to get in and melee Jason from my experience is when he is trying to stop a car (that I am not in).

 

I just wish the game could track things like that for bonus points. Might also incentivise players to actually help each other out more often as I feel like somwhatof a "black sheep" in most games I play

I love team players and people who are competently speaking on the mic.

 

i know personally when I come back as Tommy that I try to save the others at any cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend and  i were matched in a lobby last night with players outside the US speaking diff language. We all communicated best we could and one spoke decent english. The escapes and deaths were plenty and a blast and more often than not we were laughing and cheering together. Was a great 3 hours. Wish i had a good ss or something but all i got was my trophy for each councelor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Friend and  i were matched in a lobby last night with players outside the US speaking diff language. We all communicated best we could and one spoke decent english. The escapes and deaths were plenty and a blast and more often than not we were laughing and cheering together. Was a great 3 hours. Wish i had a good ss or something but all i got was my trophy for each councelor

Awesome! My friends list has tripled thanks to this game. Chuffed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Supercurt7 said:

That's great to hear you guys.  I'm thinking of becoming a martyr myself on that game.  But I want the survivors to kill Jason, with my sacrifice.   Are any of you all into that?  Just wondering. ..

 

I'm starting to feel weird because I feel like I'm the only one playing that really wants to get his ass lol...

 

Everyone's fixing the car or boat.  Or calling the police with the fuse.  Meanwhile I'm hunting down weapons and looking for pamela deep in the woods.

Idk man, I think a lot of people are just kind of over it. I am sure many people have done it at least once by now - staged or not - and are just like "eh". 

That's exactly how I feel about it. "Eh".

Lol I think for me personally.... it was all the damn kids CONSTANTLY begging (and sometimes attempting to "order people around") and kill jason in many games when I first started. Man it got old REAL fast. It turned me off from doing it so much. At least for now.

Maybe that will change Maybe not, but for now

Eh lol:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Scoundrella said:

Idk man, I think a lot of people are just kind of over it. I am sure many people have done it at least once by now - staged or not - and are just like "eh". 

That's exactly how I feel about it. "Eh".

Lol I think for me personally.... it was all the damn kids CONSTANTLY begging (and sometimes attempting to "order people around") and kill jason in many games when I first started. Man it got old REAL fast. It turned me off from doing it so much. At least for now.

Maybe that will change Maybe not, but for now

Eh lol:)

I'm playing most nights after I'm done with work and I'm honestly not seeing that many kiddies playing. The younger players i do come cross have been pretty cool, playing properly and teaming up. Sure, most of the players ratting others out and cheating,  exploiting glitches are younger players.  But it's not a huge problem for me. (Xbox) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slashin' Passion said:

I'm playing most nights after I'm done with work and I'm honestly not seeing that many kiddies playing. The younger players i do come cross have been pretty cool, playing properly and teaming up. Sure, most of the players ratting others out and cheating,  exploiting glitches are younger players.  But it's not a huge problem for me. (Xbox) 

That's good to hear. I am on ps4, and when I play in the mornings or mid afternoon I find a lot of kids. Thats to be expected though since school is out.

I just can't stand the making random sounds and screaming into the Mic without any regard for other people's ears. It isn't always children but man seems to be for me.

Also can't stand when people caugh or sneeze into the mic.

Everytime someone does that (kid or not) I just think "can't you turn off your Mic, or remove the headset for like 5 seconds while you purge your lungs?" 

That's what I do at least. I guess I am just very self aware of those kinds of things.

People eating food in the mic is also.... UGH Why do people fucking do that?! xDdfensivd

/rant :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Scoundrella said:

That's good to hear. I am on ps4, and when I play in the mornings or mid afternoon I find a lot of kids. Thats to be expected though since school is out.

I just can't stand the making random sounds and screaming into the Mic without any regard for other people's ears. It isn't always children but man seems to be for me.

Also can't stand when people caugh or sneeze into the mic.

Everytime someone does that (kid or not) I just think "can't you turn off your Mic, or remove the headset for like 5 seconds while you purge your lungs?" 

That's what I do at least. I guess I am just very self aware of those kinds of things.

People eating food in the mic is also.... UGH Why do people fucking do that?! xDdfensivd

/rant :)

Yeah a lot of people will make fun of the 5yr old in the lobby or just seem annoyed.  But in all honesty, the few I've played with have been pretty cool and cooperative.

I've friended after a couple games because unlike a lot of the older players, they actually talk and like to team up to kill jason, as well as just have fun and really get into the experience. 

I've run into more obnoxious and uncooperative older players than young.  They are the ones playing music in their mics, saying inappropriate things, not saying anything at all to help escape.

So I gotta stick up for the kids I've played with so far haha!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 3:55 AM, Scoundrella said:

Idk man, I think a lot of people are just kind of over it. I am sure many people have done it at least once by now - staged or not - and are just like "eh". 

That's exactly how I feel about it. "Eh".

Lol I think for me personally.... it was all the damn kids CONSTANTLY begging (and sometimes attempting to "order people around") and kill jason in many games when I first started. Man it got old REAL fast. It turned me off from doing it so much. At least for now.

Maybe that will change Maybe not, but for now

Eh lol:)

I can see that being a problem.   I know I was being asked to let myself be killed when I was jason once.  And it did suck.

I suppose if I do it once or twice I'd just stick to getting out, but I haven't yet so I'm craving it lol...

I actually think after people have escaped so much and become bored of it, that it will become what people only try to do.  Whether for achievement/ trophy or just For Pride And Taking Down Other players.  At least I hope anyway...  After all its what they do in the movies lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×