Sign in to follow this  
instructorwrath

[GAMEPLAY] GAME LOCKUP [PC]

Ever since the most recent patch my game will randomly lockup. I do not receive a error message it just locks up. It does not become unresponsive either. I was not having these issues until patch 1.03

• When I was Jason on crystal lake I just broke a door down to a cabin in the north of Camp Hillbrook. I then used the phase ability to go into the cabin soon as I got into the doorway to the second room it locked up. I could still hear the game sounds but was stuck in the door way in phase ability. I waited about a minute then my friend said he got disconnected from party. I alt tabbed to see if it was a crash or the game was unresponsive but it was nothing I had to end the process.
  • Second time I was a counselor on Higgins Haven My friend and I were at Blair's cove we just got the car fix then Jason showed up. I got out of the car turned left towards the cove and my game locked up again. Similar to what was posted above. 

It seems to happen at random times. Nothing that I can replicate.

yep me to, random freeze. I have to reboot my pc. This only after latest patch today two freezes so far.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

yep me to, random freeze. I have to reboot my pc. This only after latest patch today two freezes so far.

Same

Sometimes I freeze up and it says some Summercamp file is unresponsive and I have to reboot to fix it.  Worse since the patch.

Same for me.  I'll be playing as a counselor and everything freezes except the sound and music, have to restart my computer.  Can't even go to desktop or task manager. 

Try using windowsKey+Tab to open a new desktop and open the taskmanager on the new desktop. I recomend having a second desktop runing the task manager before even starting the game at this point. This is only annoying to me because it is an early access in disguise. 

Game now won't even load.  A few friends had this problem before and it seemed to just fix itself over time.  

new update , the game start crash more than b4 , achievements still not fixed .... and more bug / glitch when play as jason

Joined to post about this

level 41 before the patch this am, never had it freeze

ive had it freeze 4 times today alone, have to turn computer off and turn back on

very frustrating 

My wife and I had the exact same thing happen today on two different systems, screen freezes, but sound still plays in the background. I waited for about two minutes, nothing happened, and my wife told me I had disconnected from the session, same when her game froze up. Had to force close the game both times.

Happened to me today on the You Died screen.  Literally seconds away from getting my xp.

My game has been randomly freezing up since the update as well, not sure whats going on, but may want to look into it

This is getting incredibly annoying, my second lock up freeze this evening. Last time was completely off putting to say the least, as I ended up spawning as a counselor, fueled up the car, found the keys, called Tommy, found the fuse, repaired the fuse box, called the police, and flared Jason to eventually run to the cops and escape. As the exit scene starts to play as you run to the cops, the game locks up and freezes... forcing me to loose 17 minutes of game play, and a massive XP cash out

You need to fix this ASAP!

I thought that this would have been fixed by now. I am still crashing/lockup. It seems to happen more frequent now. It happens at random points. I can be playing or I could be on the score screen.

Has anyone tried to uninstall, then reinstall?

im tempted to try it

I have tried to uninstall, then reinstall to fix the lock up problem. Now it happens every other game or if Camp Crystal Lake map is selected. This has made the double xp weekend a true nightmare for me.

After the uninstall/reinstall, it still crashes but doesn't lock up the computer anymore

Ditto. I'd say it happens once every 1-2 hours of playing for me. Complete lock up, have to close the process and reload. Really getting annoying.

This has happened on Xbox as well. usually at the black screen between loads into or out of game. Like when you get you XP and the game is supposed to reload the lobby. I've also seen it happen after the match start countdown happens, but before the cut scene of no-name-dude (I just call him Karl) getting killed.

On 17/06/2017 at 5:24 AM, instructorwrath said:

Ever since the most recent patch my game will randomly lockup. I do not receive a error message it just locks up. It does not become unresponsive either. I was not having these issues until patch 1.03

• When I was Jason on crystal lake I just broke a door down to a cabin in the north of Camp Hillbrook. I then used the phase ability to go into the cabin soon as I got into the doorway to the second room it locked up. I could still hear the game sounds but was stuck in the door way in phase ability. I waited about a minute then my friend said he got disconnected from party. I alt tabbed to see if it was a crash or the game was unresponsive but it was nothing I had to end the process.
  • Second time I was a counselor on Higgins Haven My friend and I were at Blair's cove we just got the car fix then Jason showed up. I got out of the car turned left towards the cove and my game locked up again. Similar to what was posted above. 

It seems to happen at random times. Nothing that I can replicate.

I´m having one freezing a day, at least..... Playing and as expectator too.
The only thing that was repeated, was when it froze, after my Jason morphed next to the boat.... Two times.
Alt+Ctrl+Del.... and the game is showed as "not responding"

On 6/17/2017 at 2:22 AM, Jimmy said:

Had this happen 4 or 5 times over about 8 hours of play this weekend. Of all the crap this game has wrong with it, this is probably the worst. At least with glitchers you can still complete the match and get XP.

Sign in to follow this