Scoundrella

Pamela Tapes only obtainable on Fridays?

Hello everyone. I read somewhere in the last week (I believe it was on here) about speculation on obtaining the elusive Pamela Tapes. I tried to find it by searching but couldn't.

I read they may be obtainable only on fridays, as well as only in quick matches (I can totally understand quick match as it cuts down on people obtaining them through "cheating" in private matches).

I've yet to see them level **36**on ps4. Does anyone know if either of these speculations are true or false? 

• Like 1

Level 54 and still haven't found any tapes, haha.

This tweet from F13GameSupport seems to also hint to tapes appearing on Fridays.

2 minutes ago, StuntmanSnake said:

Level 54 and still haven't found any tapes, haha.

This tweet from F13GameSupport seems to also hint to tapes appearing on Fridays.

Did they just say "no pattern" and then say they appear more on Fridays?

They realize thats a pattern right?

Also take everything from the F13 Game support twitter with a grain of salt. They've been wrong about many things.

• Like 1

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Also take everything from the F13 Game support twitter with a grain of salt. They've been wrong about many things.

Yeah, I've come to realize that from their tweets about Savini Jason and Jason X.

The Friday the 13th game support Twitter is managed by 4 cats and a hamster,cut them some slack.

Gotta love how support for the game doesn't even know what the hell is up with Pamela tapes. 

"Something something player discovery.'

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thatdudescott said:

Gotta love how support for the game doesn't even know what the hell is up with Pamela tapes. 

Or even licenses for characters. It's odd when the fans are correcting the official support page.

So now I have to choose between having a life on Friday nights and getting Pamela tapes.  J/K!  :)

I do want Pamela tapes and don't want to go to YouTube to hear them tho.

• Like 2

I seen laphin hyena is level 81 and still found no tapes they must be extremely rare

Not seen 1 or have had anyone say crap about finding one._. Disappointing 

Lvl 37 ps4

Lvl 41 now. Still nada

Edited by Luckystrike2778
Update

I really don't understand why they are so rare. They are just audio logs not some holy item. What sucks is that with how they spawn now you are basically gonna have to look them up online to hear them all and it will be impossible to find them all by yourself.

15 hours ago, Scoundrella said:

Hello everyone. I read somewhere in the last week (I believe it was on here) about speculation on obtaining the elusive Pamela Tapes. I tried to find it by searching but couldn't.

I read they may be obtainable only on fridays, as well as only in quick matches (I can totally understand quick match as it cuts down on people obtaining them through "cheating" in private matches).

I've yet to see them level 29 on ps4. Does anyone know if either of these speculations are true or false? 

Yeah, I made this speculation last Friday in the thread you are referring to. I said this because the first and only instances the tapes were ever found, (at the time), were on Friday June 2. I asked if anyone could confirm this, but now being three weeks out, I'm still not sure. I'm not even sure if it can also be found in a private game yet...

I've only found one so far. They seem to be extremely rare. I was in a private match when I found it.

Played a gazillion rounds, level 44, no tapes yet. Dat rarity is ridiculous.

No tapes, but I'm only level 7. I had seen videos of people finding them (they're just little cassette tapes in a drawer, like you'd expect) but none for me so far.

What they should do is make 1 every 3-5 matches but also hide them anywhere on the map not just drawers like in the woods, under a bridge, in a bush and so on!

Tapes are rare you will not be able to find them all quickly. They don't spawn every game they have a chance to spawn but there are no guarantees. If someone finds the tape before you well then you missed your chance. 

Looks like my theory is busted. Although this IS F13 support, and they have been wrong before. I would like them to at least comment on the whole private/public match thing...

15 minutes ago, SciGuy said:
Looks like my theory is busted. Although this IS F13 support, and they have been wrong before. I would like them to at comment on the whole private/public match thing...

While they may not be obtainable on one day only, they might have a higher spawn rate on Fridays. I don't know for certain.

Regarding private/public matches, all I can tell you is that I've played almost entirely public matches and have reached level 62 now without finding a single tape.

On 6/17/2017 at 9:21 AM, JPops said:

Tapes are rare you will not be able to find them all quickly. They don't spawn every game they have a chance to spawn but there are no guarantees. If someone finds the tape before you well then you missed your chance. 

Well given the absurdity of so many things falling in to place, the spawn rate should probably be increased.

1) They may not spawn at all

2) If they do spawn, and you're Jason, I'm going to assume you can't get it if it's in a drawer, since you can't open drawers, so you're pretty much out of luck as Jason (again assumptions there, but seems reasonable)

3) If you are a counselor, you still have extremely low odds of finding one since there are usually up to 6 other counselors running around opening and looting everything, so if it isn't in one of the first 3 or 4 buildings you reach (given a good spawn) you are out of luck

4) I would be willing to bet my left testicle that if the game crashes before you actually finish it, that you won't get credit for finding the tape, since it seems you don't get any of your exp, cp, or badges, or achievement progress (a lot of achievements seem to only count after the match is actually over), so now you have a pretty high chance of a game crash on top of everything else :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SciGuy said:

Then there's this guys tweet...

no source though.

They just fucking talked about them.

This team gives me a headache. 

11 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They just fucking talked about them.

This team gives me a headache. 

Then you're gonna hate this....

found this looking for the source for my previous post. Completely contradicts what they are saying now... ? Ugh

2 minutes ago, SciGuy said:

Then you're gonna hate this....

found this looking for the source for my previous post. Completely contradicts what they are saying now... ? Ugh

Nice investigative work.

But this is ridiculous.

• Like 1