FancyBonnie

How can people honestly get mad at attack spam?

20 hours ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

But if someone is playing Jason, can't they kill as they seem fit? I dunno, it seems odd to tell people to play their way to me.

They can but it doesn't mean I have to like it or feel that their fun in spamming 7 people is more important than everyone else's in the game.  

I never told anyone how they should play Jason in game.  I might think "whatever" but don't say anything. 

Ive heard many people complain loudly and many agreed they don't like playing with spam-kill-only Jasons.

20 hours ago, RKSDooM said:

People complain about everything. Last night I had someone complain because 4 counselors surrounded me with weapons and I had the gall to swing back at them instead of grabbing them. Then the same guy later complained because, instead of walking across his blatant trap in a doorway, I threw a knife at him.

Some people are just born to whine. Like, they found the one thing that they're good at in life and now they're going to stick to it.

I just start talking over their sheep bleating when I'm Jason. "Oh my God I am so happy to be killing you just TO STOP YOUR CONSTANT BABY-LIKE WHINING." and "Your non-stop dribble of prepubescent whine won't SAVE YOU NOW!" and "JESUS YOU WHINE LIKE A FUCKING MULE! Are you this bitch-like in real life, or just in the virtual world?" are some of my favorites.

Then I block them and move on with my life.

Exactly. I bought the game . They didnt buy it for me or pay my electric or internet bill. Ill play the way i want and thank god when i kill you so i dont have to listen to their whiney ass anymore. Woulda thrown a like for ya but that 10 a day goes fast lol

• Like 1

"How dare you play to win! How dare you play to have fun! You better play to entertain ME!".  - Glitchtastic. 

This quote should shut up the melee complainers.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2017 at 6:46 AM, FancyBonnie said:

So I see a huge amount of players complain when Jason hits you over and over again to kill you instead of grabbing you.

Why do people get ticked at this? It's one of the most easy things to counter. Just go into combat stance, and block the attack and follow up with a attack of your own. Blocking a Jason's swing delays him a bit which gives you just enough time to get a free hit on him.

Now if there's something to complain about. How about that grab range? ;) 

I think most counselors feel it's most "fair" if Jason hits them until they limp and then finishes them off with a grab and preferrably an environmental kill, or at least a cool grab kill animation/weapon kill animation.  That's what I prefer from both perspectives.  It's more fun as Jason to hamstring them first and catch them with your normal walk rather than telegrabbing, and as a counselor it gives you a chance to fight back .. vs being grabbed from full health.  As far as being finished off by M1 attacks, well, it's just boring looking, it's not unfair or whatever, it's just preferrable to have an epic death right?

For me the choice to melee kill is situational. I will sometimes melee kill the first couple counselors I commit to chasing just to quickly thin their numbers. However sometimes I prefer early grab attempts so that they have to use their knife. That's one less knife that can be used to disarm one of my traps. Basically early on in the match I go with whatever I feel is going to get the job done the quickest. Once I feel confident that I have the upper hand in the match then I go for grab kills exclusively. But if I feel like the counselors have the upper hand on me then I'm going to do whatever it takes to eliminate you in the quickest possible way. Not saying any way of playing is right or wrong just sharing how I play. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

For me the choice to melee kill is situational.

Yep. I will melee to slow someone down, if I am attacked by a group, to wound someone crawling through a window in front of me, if someone approaches me in combat stance or just to shake things up if I have been grab killing a lot. 

On 6/16/2017 at 8:52 AM, Brigadius said:

Spam is delicious I would never attack it unless it was on my plate. 

Also the combat system is clumsy and Jason can injury you before you even enter a defensive position. It's a very boring way to play Jason especially when he has so many cool kills. If I suspect a pocket knife I will probably I hurt you before I attempt a grab.

Agreed. I always assume they have a knife, hit them once or twice, then go in for the grab kill.  If they have a knife than they'll burn it, and either they get grabbed again or they heal and the chase begins again.  

As jason I'd much rather have them burn the knife, that way they can't use it to cut my traps.

The only time I melee spam is if they're is a group or they are about to get into a repaired car.  I try not to melee them all to death but still rather weaken them until I can pull off a better kill. 

Just now, shodan said:

Agreed. I always assume they have a knife, hit them once or twice, then go in for the grab kill.  If they have a knife than they'll burn it, and either they get grabbed again or they heal and the chase begins again.  

As jason I'd much rather have them burn the knife, that way they can't use it to cut my traps.

On 16/06/2017 at 9:46 AM, FancyBonnie said:

So I see a huge amount of players complain when Jason hits you over and over again to kill you instead of grabbing you.

Why do people get ticked at this? It's one of the most easy things to counter. Just go into combat stance, and block the attack and follow up with a attack of your own. Blocking a Jason's swing delays him a bit which gives you just enough time to get a free hit on him.

Now if there's something to complain about. How about that grab range? ;) 

If Jason grabs, he is risking to have a nice pocketknife in his neck....
It is only natural that Jason chooses to hit over and over instead of grab and putting himself at a disadvantage situation, especially if he is surrounded by other counselors.
People complain too much. Now they want to complain about Jason taking care of himself... lol...

On 16/06/2017 at 10:03 PM, RKSDooM said:

People complain about everything. Last night I had someone complain because 4 counselors surrounded me with weapons and I had the gall to swing back at them instead of grabbing them. Then the same guy later complained because, instead of walking across his blatant trap in a doorway, I threw a knife at him.

Some people are just born to whine. Like, they found the one thing that they're good at in life and now they're going to stick to it.

I just start talking over their sheep bleating when I'm Jason. "Oh my God I am so happy to be killing you just TO STOP YOUR CONSTANT BABY-LIKE WHINING." and "Your non-stop dribble of prepubescent whine won't SAVE YOU NOW!" and "JESUS YOU WHINE LIKE A FUCKING MULE! Are you this bitch-like in real life, or just in the virtual world?" are some of my favorites.

Then I block them and move on with my life.

Agree

They will soon demand that devs create "Safe Spaces" for the whiners.

On June 16, 2017 at 9:12 AM, Ricky said:

Just make sure you don't accidentally get into combat near counselors…

Yea. That's something I never understood. Why the hell does the game lock on to other players first rather than Jason? It's dumb.

had a guy spaz out at me in a game last night, i told him this is a legit choice to use and not to get salty, i was doing grabs during the match and he clearly saw me doing so. i said if you had a pocket knife you just want me to grab you ? he was like well i had 3 on me so... LOL

sorry not sorry, people need to get over themselves nowhere have i seen a player base demand you to play the way they want you to like in these lobbies.  

• Like 1

I just bought the game last night, haven't played as Jason yet....

I'm less annoyed by Jason players than by counselors who glitch to avoid death. I'll take spammy Jason over immortal counselors.

As far as I know I haven't encountered this at all in any matches on the XboxOne I have been in.. People should just play the game and enjoy it. Why get a migraine over how someone else is plying Jason. Let them play how they want to.

When I play as Jason I usually try to do grab kills. I usually am to far away to find an environmental one to do before they get out of the grab hold and I still have yet to figure out how to do a weapon kill. -I must be missing something on that is probably right in front of me on screen ... 

I also like to actually have fun as Jason depending on the group I'm with. If they are organized I have to go for blood to stop them from escaping by the car or boat. I have listened in on the game chat to hear what they are saying and planning but ignored it as best as I could, even going out of my way to avoid them for a bit after I do a quick scare window break or kill the power. I have hunted a player down into a cabin only to smash a few windows then leave to another part of the map. I have taught a group of 4 counselors that taking the boat isn't a good idea when I am in the water. ( I drowned 3 of them but one did sneak up and take the boat wile I was on the shore. I got within about 5 feet of them before they left the map. I also was on the receiving end of this lesson just a few days ago.) I have walked up to a player who obviously had some serious lag issues (he had mentioned it in the prior match) and just walked by them instead of going for the easy kill. (Wish I had thought to take a screenshot with Jason posing next to the counselor. "Having fun at Crystal Lake! Wish you were here.")     

As a counselor it doesn't bother me at all how I get killed. Sure, I would love to see something different now and then (and have from time to time) but I got caught and getting killed is the punishment you get for getting caught. 

Be it by slash or by grab, by environmental or by weapon. A kill is a kill by any other name.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:51 AM, Rok73 said:

Simply slashing the counselors needs no skill. Just mashing buttons.

I don't like getting slashed to death either, but come on..

Does it take any more "skill" to grab someone? Sure, could have a pocket knife here and there, but it's still just one button or click. Actually, it's takes more buttons to hack someone to death.

Community of both PC and Xbox are getting too toxic about anything Jason does. Swing someone to death in a group of 3 or 4 swinging at me or pull off a shift grab and all the sudden I'm called names and how it's "no skill". Hell, I chased a guy the other night and the entire time he was losing his mind over how I'm terrible for using part 8 jason and he's ridiculous and I'm bad at the game and have no skill for using part 8 along with all the other toxicity. Then I killed him on the coat rack. To top it off, he uses Savini Jason.

10 minutes ago, ColdArmy13 said:

I don't like getting slashed to death either, but come on..

Does it take any more "skill" to grab someone? Sure, could have a pocket knife here and there, but it's still just one button or click. Actually, it's takes more buttons to hack someone to death.

Community of both PC and Xbox are getting too toxic about anything Jason does. Swing someone to death in a group of 3 or 4 swinging at me or pull off a shift grab and all the sudden I'm called names and how it's "no skill". Hell, I chased a guy the other night and the entire time he was losing his mind over how I'm terrible for using part 8 jason and he's ridiculous and I'm bad at the game and have no skill for using part 8 along with all the other toxicity. Then I killed him on the coat rack. To top it off, he uses Savini Jason.

For me it's much easier to hack everyone to death, so yes in my opinion it requires more skill to grab kill, respectively it is much easier to get the really quick kills respectively grab kills take more time.

Believe me. 

Plus you can't use pocket knifes when being slashed. If you're killing quick it also means that the survivors have less time to collect all kinds of defensive tools aka crackers, knifes, flare guns etc.

I've just played in a private match 7/7 in less than 8 minutes with experienced players. They didn't even know what hit them.

On 6/17/2017 at 7:46 PM, A.J. Mason said:

For me the choice to melee kill is situational. I will sometimes melee kill the first couple counselors I commit to chasing just to quickly thin their numbers. However sometimes I prefer early grab attempts so that they have to use their knife. That's one less knife that can be used to disarm one of my traps. Basically early on in the match I go with whatever I feel is going to get the job done the quickest. Once I feel confident that I have the upper hand in the match then I go for grab kills exclusively. But if I feel like the counselors have the upper hand on me then I'm going to do whatever it takes to eliminate you in the quickest possible way. Not saying any way of playing is right or wrong just sharing how I play. 

I agree completely with this. I melee attack in certain circumstances. I think I have melee attacked one person to death ever, and I just hit level 51. Normally I will grab. It gets rid of other items or dwindles their numbers quickly. I killed a Tommy Jarvis with a throwing knife yesterday because him and another person were trying to distract me so they could setup the phone. All bets are off with those situations. I'm not gonna let you finish an objective because you don't want me to melee attack you.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 6:13 PM, I Hate Spectate said:

I think most counselors feel it's most "fair" if Jason hits them until they limp and then finishes them off with a grab and preferrably an environmental kill, or at least a cool grab kill animation/weapon kill animation.  That's what I prefer from both perspectives.  It's more fun as Jason to hamstring them first and catch them with your normal walk rather than telegrabbing, and as a counselor it gives you a chance to fight back .. vs being grabbed from full health.  As far as being finished off by M1 attacks, well, it's just boring looking, it's not unfair or whatever, it's just preferrable to have an epic death right?

must of them use the i want to see the kill animation as a cover up. they are mainly pissed we are not triggering their 2-3 pocket knives they have in their inventory. i had a guy tell me this last night in a lobby after i questioned him about why he cared so much. 

Since my first post I've been Jason a couple times. I've mixed up what I do. Outnumbered I slash. I like to grab though. Trying to master all the controls so that I can just be terrifying and not *just* a killer.

When I play as Jason I prefer to hack and slash because it makes it alittle more challenging as Jason. Unless someone has a Pocket Knife the Grab is a 1 Button KIller, Atleast with Slashing I know the counselor atleast has a chance to knock me out and extend the fight. Glitchy combat mechanics or not, a counselor still has a better shot of surviving a hack and slash Jason then a Handsy Bill Cosby Jason.

This is not an Opinion it is fact... Try to argue otherwise and you will appear dumb.

5 minutes ago, hellspawnxxx said:

When I play as Jason I prefer to hack and slash because it makes it alittle more challenging as Jason. Unless someone has a Pocket Knife the Grab is a 1 Button KIller, Atleast with Slashing I know the counselor atleast has a chance to knock me out and extend the fight. Glitchy combat mechanics or not, a counselor still has a better shot of surviving a hack and slash Jason then a Handsy Bill Cosby Jason.

This is not an Opinion it is fact... Try to argue otherwise and you will appear dumb.

Your last sentence is completely uncalled for. There are many different ways to play as Jason as well as a counselor. You haven't played vs a group of decent counselors it seems. 

In my opinion time is an important factor. A grab kill animation takes ages sometimes. If there are say 3 more survivors around when you're attempting a grab kill all geared up with baseball bats, flares, crackers then I wanna see you playing your grab kill game. It really depends on the situation and how far you are in the game what to do best.

However, quick kills with slashes reduce the group really quick and it causes chaos.

9 minutes ago, hellspawnxxx said:

Try to argue otherwise and you will appear dumb.

It honestly depends on which Jason, which weapon, which counselor, and how good each player is.