FancyBonnie

How can people honestly get mad at attack spam?

So I see a huge amount of players complain when Jason hits you over and over again to kill you instead of grabbing you.

Why do people get ticked at this? It's one of the most easy things to counter. Just go into combat stance, and block the attack and follow up with a attack of your own. Blocking a Jason's swing delays him a bit which gives you just enough time to get a free hit on him.

Now if there's something to complain about. How about that grab range? ;) 

• Like 2

Spam is delicious I would never attack it unless it was on my plate. 

Also the combat system is clumsy and Jason can injury you before you even enter a defensive position. It's a very boring way to play Jason especially when he has so many cool kills. If I suspect a pocket knife I will probably I hurt you before I attempt a grab.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Simply slashing the counselors needs no skill. Just mashing buttons.

Wouldn't that be the same as pressing the grab button and then spamming the choke button?

Jason in general doesn't need skill.

• Like 6

Combat stance is under utilized by both Jason's and counselors. 

1 minute ago, Rok73 said:

Simply slashing the counselors needs no skill. Just mashing buttons.

I feel like the same amount of skill is required to both grab and hack. 

And if there are multiple counselors attacking Jason, hack and slash is a solid defense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FancyBonnie said:

Wouldn't that be the same as pressing the grab button and then spamming the choke button?

Jason in general doesn't need skill.

Whatever dude. I have no issues with Jason, however I stand by my point. And as @Brigadius posted combat is clumsy. It's sometimes impossible to get into the defense stance in the heat of the moment. Rarely but sometimes pressing R2 does nothing for me either with a counselor or Jason. And yes my (several) controllers work.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rok73 said:

Whatever dude. I have no issues with Jason, however I stand by my point. And as @Brigadius posted combat is clumsy. It's sometimes impossible to get into the defense stance in the heat of the moment. Rarely but sometimes pressing R2 does nothing for me either with a counselor or Jason. And yes my (several) controllers work.

You stand by your point. And I'll stand by mine. Combat stance always works for me. Just one press of the right thumbstick (Xbox player) while looking at Jason and a quick RT and BAM. Jason falls flat on his arse.

1 minute ago, Rok73 said:

Relax dude. Different opinions exist.

4 minutes ago, FancyBonnie said:

You stand by your point. And I'll stand by mine.

I'm pretty sure that's me respecting your opinion? 

• Like 2

Combat swing is fine, and in most cases takes longer than a grab kill. The only ones complaining are the ones that don't know how to deal with it yet. Ignore them...or better yet, make sure you melee them down every time you see them. They won't get better if you baby them.

• Like 2

I just don't like it.

I'm fine with it if they use it strategically and injure me and go for the grab kill. But just swinging is very anti climactic and boring for everyone involved. 

I rarely swing because I really don't need to. Examples:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32591855

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32591862

I'm a sneaky Jason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I just don't like it.

I'm fine with it if they use it strategically and injure me and go for the grab kill. But just swinging is very anti climactic and boring for everyone involved. 

I rarely swing because I really don't need to. Examples:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32591855

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/lHeart Breakerl/video/32591862

I'm a sneaky Jason.

I like to try and do the same with shift/stalk to deceive the counselors.  I've become bored with just killing counselors, so my goal is to SCARE players.  I love hearing people actually yelp in their mics when they don't expect me.  I don't chase, I don't get into combat, I rarely stay in view once spotted. 

As for the topic, if people are upset with Jason using basic attack i'm quite surprised...I often HOPE Jason uses basic attack instead of grab as it's far easier to counter/escape from =)

• Like 1

People just get mad generally and take this game way to seriously 

in one game I played I spared a few people, let them run away.

let someone else run away because he told me a good joke.

let two people escape in a car because they got into a argument because they took to long fixing a car, I injured one dude and he started swearing at the other player etc so I let him get the car and go.

i stalked some dude playing chad for awhile, just as he got the gas to the other car I appeared in front of him grabbed him and killed him, didn't even use the choke kill everyone hates yet he still started shouting

"try hard! We got a try hard here!! Try hard!!!"

even though I spared countless people, let people hit me lots of times, tried to have funny fights with people while letting them hit me a lot, always try to use cool kills or environment kills and always try to give everyone a chance to run.

The game just has lots of cry babies.

• Like 3

Why would I grab you when I know you're just going to use a pocket-knife? I killed 3 people last night with throwing knives and the rest by just swinging my axe on them. When I am Jason, my goal is to kill you... not entertain you.

• Like 6

I personally don't like playing against RT spamming Jason's bc of one reason and one reason only.

Even with the perk to increase melee attack speed Jason can still attack you faster, and from further away than a counselor can.

I would rather be grabbed and insta killed all day than play against a Jason that wants to RT spam.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DarthFLEX said:

Why would I grab you when I know you're just going to use a pocket-knife? I killed 3 people last night with throwing knives and the rest by just swinging my axe on them. When I am Jason, my goal is to kill you... not entertain you.

Ahem.

Jason seems to have a knack for entertaining. After all, he is a movie star. He entertains us by fun, gruesome, and creative kills. Wildly swinging an axe is not one of those.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Ahem.

Jason seems to have a knack for entertaining. After all, he is a movie star. He entertains us by fun, gruesome, and creative kills. Wildly swinging an axe is not one of those.

People should be allowed to play as Jason how they want, not as how someone else dictates how they should play. Swinging an axe is stress relief after being knifed and stunned. 

download.jpg

• Like 1

If they have a knife and you slash them, they cry. If they don't have a knife and you grab them, they cry. Can't seem to please anyone these days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Redcat345 said:

People should be allowed to play as Jason how they want, not as how someone else dictates how they should play. Swinging an axe is stress relief after being knifed and stunned. 

If you want to un-satisfyingly spam RT, go for it. I'll keep hitting you until your injured then grab you even if you have 3 pocket knives to properly decapitate you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If you want to un-satisfyingly spam RT, go for it. I'll keep hitting you until your injured then grab you even if you have 3 pocket knives to properly decapitate you.

It's fucking annoying when I am playing as Jason and people bitch about melee kills is what I was saying. People need to quit being elitist douchebags and stop crying about "melee spam", it's a fucking Friday The 13th game with Jason Voorhees. Play the damn game and let people enjoy Jason how they want to.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

It's fucking annoying when I am playing as Jason and people bitch about melee kills is what I was saying. 

Again it's just unsatisfying for everyone involved :/ I don't think its necessarily cheap or anything. It's just if you're gonna kill me, make it a good one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Again it's just unsatisfying for everyone involved :/ I don't think its necessarily cheap or anything. It's just if you're gonna kill me, make it a good one.

My kill depends on how I feel in game. I am not there to cater to your satisfaction, I am there because I want to play as Jason and have fun in my own way and your feelings don't get to dictate how I have that fun. Let people do what they want.

9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I actually get my satisfaction knowing that I killed them and now they have to sit there and spectate because I know most of this community has the attention span of a Call of Duty player tweaking out on energy drinks and Doritos. The sooner I kill them into the match, the more satisfied I am. 

8 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

My kill depends on how I feel in game. I am not there to cater to your satisfaction, I am there because I want to play as Jason and have fun in my own way and your feelings don't get to dictate how I have that fun. Let people do what they want.

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, DarthFLEX said:

I actually get my satisfaction knowing that I killed them and now they have to sit there and spectate because I know most of this community has the attention span of a Call of Duty player tweaking out on energy drinks and Doritos. The sooner I kill them into the match, the more satisfied I am. 

Then you're just an asshole. If i'm ever in a game with you, i'll make sure I give you the same treatment.